Dynadot

news Replica Domains on "The New Internet"? Squatters?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
It continues to aggravate me every time domain investors are characterized as "squatters". This morning I read an interesting article about something called "The New Internet". In the article, two things caught my eye....

Businesses and individuals/communities looking to purchase a domain on The New Internet, as well as the internet domain market overall, will benefit from the security of the platform due to the authenticated nature of all users. Here's how:

• Businesses - Since all users on The New Internet are authenticated, businesses know who are really visiting their sites, granting access to more accurate analytics about their online customers without having to worry about bots skewing results of online ads and more.
  • Individuals and Communities - In addition to enhanced site analytics, security and pricing, individuals and communities have the added benefit of unique and creative expression when choosing their domain and extension -- for example, "first name.last name" style options offer a more personal way to market yourself and group.
  • The Domain Market - Current domain owners on the "old internet" have the chance to purchase their domain name on The New Internet as well. Authenticated Reality is also addressing the issue of domain squatting by allowing the purchase of domains on The New Internet that are currently parked by squatters on the old internet.
"When we heard that The New Internet was opening domain names on the platform, we saw this as a great opportunity...

Not sure how they plan to do this, but it sounds weird. What do you think of this whole idea?

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...t-users-from-phishing-and-more-300430882.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't know about any of you but if one of my domain names resolved somewhere else regardless of browser he would have one hell of a lawsuit on his hands.

•••
This is why those with offspring should put child proof locks on medicine cabinets and areas where brain damaging chemicals are stored.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OMG :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
I really don't know what to make of this...O_o

•••
There was another company that tried to do this years and years ago. Basically the browser needs an extension or plugin to work and you can get any domain name you want because its only working within that browser with that plugin/extension running, its like a glorified intranet. The last one failed and this one will too.

•••
•••
I don't know what domain investors have to do so that people stop using the term "squatters".

We simply need to educate them.

We are often called a squatters by those who hold more than one real estate

•••
I don't know what domain investors have to do so that people stop using the term "squatters".
I doubt you ever will. Let's face it, if they have a justified use for the name and you're sitting there, waiting for someone to offer a 'boosted' price for it, then even if they do pay what's asked, they are unlikely to be very happy about some fee that is, in their eyes, excessive.

I was after a domain for a client who has good reason to use that name, with a sub-domain, as it would be the name of his family business, but no way is he going to waste over $40,000 on getting that domain name.

•••
When I Googled "The New Internet", "The New New Internet" came up instead.

•••
Okay ...... What is the best or let's say most accurate link for a description on this topic there are several floating around and it is new to me.
Thanks in advance :)

•••
Isn't PRnewswire a paid news release site? If so, consider it "fake news" and laugh it off.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back