IT.COM

news Replica Domains on "The New Internet"? Squatters?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
It continues to aggravate me every time domain investors are characterized as "squatters". This morning I read an interesting article about something called "The New Internet". In the article, two things caught my eye....

Businesses and individuals/communities looking to purchase a domain on The New Internet, as well as the internet domain market overall, will benefit from the security of the platform due to the authenticated nature of all users. Here's how:

• Businesses - Since all users on The New Internet are authenticated, businesses know who are really visiting their sites, granting access to more accurate analytics about their online customers without having to worry about bots skewing results of online ads and more.
  • Individuals and Communities - In addition to enhanced site analytics, security and pricing, individuals and communities have the added benefit of unique and creative expression when choosing their domain and extension -- for example, "first name.last name" style options offer a more personal way to market yourself and group.
  • The Domain Market - Current domain owners on the "old internet" have the chance to purchase their domain name on The New Internet as well. Authenticated Reality is also addressing the issue of domain squatting by allowing the purchase of domains on The New Internet that are currently parked by squatters on the old internet.
"When we heard that The New Internet was opening domain names on the platform, we saw this as a great opportunity...

Not sure how they plan to do this, but it sounds weird. What do you think of this whole idea?

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...t-users-from-phishing-and-more-300430882.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never heard of the new internet.

•••
What happens when someone hacks into their database and gets all the info? And don't tell me that its hack proof.

Last edited:
•••
This domain insurance can be squatted.

•••
Quite frankly, I read the whole article and it doesn't even make sense! What are they doing?

•••
•••
Sweet. I can register TheNewInternet.SucksAss for $9.99/yr

•••
Nothing wrong with a good squat if done right.

•••
I don't know what domain investors have to do so that people stop using the term "squatters".

•••
How can they offer a "verified" domain that is the same as another domain? I wonder if ICANN is handling that? I would file a UDRP!

•••
I love how their link is setup to first sell (register) a domain. Second is to register.

•••
Here's a link to The New Internet Domain Registrar...

https://thenewnet.com/

So far, all domains I searched are not available...even lkajdfoiadif

•••
Hmmmmm just looks like an ad blocker to me. Are they hosting their own network then? I don't really understand it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You have to put an extension. That's why the one I tried worked. TheNewInternet.SucksAss
Oh, I see. Well, I have to thank them for one thing....they have TheNewNet.com...

I just hand regged TheOriginalNet.com :)

•••
Double hmmmm. Type in a word and you can add it to cart for 54 bucks but there's no extension. It says the name can be squatted lol

•••
Well I'm not sold. I'm guessing it's just sub domains they're selling. Looks kinda scammy when you read the FAQ's.

•••
Okay, so it appears that you can register any domain as long as you already own the original one?

I searched hero.com and it says available. I added to cart and it says "You need verify owner of hero.com before purchase ."

•••
I am officially confused...lol

•••
This actually looks more like a promotional press release to me... they probably trying to create some fake hype about some non-existent place/thing called the "new internet"....lol

•••
•••
I see this going bust too. Are people really going to send in their Driver's Licenses to browse the web? Hackers would have a field day. I see the concept, but in reality it seems weird.

•••
Well if that's what they are trying to do, sell third level domain names, good luck with that, competing against 1,000 TLD's! Good Grief!

•••
•••
Wasn't the sale of thenewinternet.com @ Sedo reported just recently? $14k or something.

Anyway, to me it seems that they're not that in tune with the Internet in general in the first place. Real users. Real identities. All the crap you browse directly linked to your ID. Who doesn't want that?

Last edited:
•••
Back