IT.COM

question Registry quotes

NameSilo
Watch

Jorge wilson

Impact
I got a quote from registry, which was for half a million dollars (yikes). Apparently the name was more popular than I thought. Anyway, I thought I better make sure, getting a quote doesn’t lock you into anything does it? I requested one, confirmed the email and was taken to a broker with the price... I’m just really worried because I definitely can’t afford that!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It really depends on the name.

If its a popular one word .com, then it could quite easily be worth that. Cant advise without knowing the name though

•••
Ok thanks. So if I got a quote, I’m not locked into that am I? (Sorry, first time using uniregistry)

•••
No you arent, its just a quote, dont click anything that says "accept" :xf.smile:

Might be worth checking those things with the registrar

•••
No you arent, its just a quote, dont click anything that says "accept" :xf.smile:

Okay cool. Yeah, all I accepted was privacy policy...

•••
Ok thanks. So if I got a quote, I’m not locked into that am I? (Sorry, first time using uniregistry)

No it is just a quote. Most people if they want the name reply with a counter offer - nothing stops you offering $100 for the name. Be prepared to keep getting emails from Uniregistry - they are very persistent.

Names may be listed on multiple marketplaces and at different prices - presumably the domain took you to the Uniregistry site? You could see if it is also listed for sale on other marketplaces such as Sedo, Afternic, Godaddy, Undeveloped, Dynadot, Namesilo etc etc.

•••
No it is just a quote. Most people if they want the name reply with a counter offer - nothing stops you offering $100 for the name. Be prepared to keep getting emails from Uniregistry - they are very persistent.

Names may be listed on multiple marketplaces and at different prices - presumably the domain took you to the Uniregistry site? You could see if it is also listed for sale on other marketplaces such as Sedo, Afternic, Godaddy, Undeveloped, Dynadot, Namesilo etc etc.
Thank you!

•••
You can also see if the name sold before or what similar ones sold for at namebio.com

Most domain price estimate tools are not really respected, but if you want one, try the Godaddy domain evaluation tool - it will probably spit out a surprisingly low figure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back