Dynadot

offers Received an offer $2000, accept or wait a better offer?

NameSilo
Watch
Domain: T/M/G/O.com

First offer was $1000, i countered with 12500, he replied with $2000, i reduced to $9500 and $7500, he said that he has a limited budget and he can not to pay more 2K. I drop to $4500 and waiting now...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@elmoney
Put it for sale on sedo and see a five figure sale.

Good luck

•••
I think you can "always" get $2k at NJ for this domain. I would wait for a better offer.

•••
been getting some recent new activity on llll.com just sold a pronouncable for 2k

•••
The quality of the domain is 10/10 you should honestly try to get at least $5,000 for it or holdout for more, not sure though your 14.7K bin may take a while to sell. I don't know your current situation you could have family $ issues, simply need money for renewals, etc. But, if you can I say hold out for at least 5K

Last edited:
•••
.cn does not have working site on it.

•••
I would say $4500 and add "final offer"..

Buyer wants the name and they will take that if they really want it.

•••
No a penny less than 3.5K IMO

Not a penny less than the OP's already low dropped counter-offer of $4.5k

•••
•••
Domain: T/M/G/O.com

First offer was $1000, i countered with 12500, he replied with $2000, i reduced to $9500 and $7500, he said that he has a limited budget and he can not to pay more 2K. I drop to $4500 and waiting now...

I would have priced this name in the 50-80k range from the get go.

Dropping your price from 12.5k to 4.5k is ridiculous...
They ALL have "limited budgets", "considering other names", "complain about the price", "have to talk to their partner", "have to talk to their unicorn" etc etc
If you are going to lose a deal, lose it on YOUR terms without dropping price...

That's my 2 cents..

•••
Buyer's message: $2000. Thank you.I really have not much money

•••

I wouldn't bother replying anymore to the guy. Just set your nice BIN and leave it.

•••
When he comes back, tell him ,price went up into 5 figures up and higher .

•••

Don't bother with that buyer...
Place it on sedo/afternic with a10k reserve.
If you need help PM me, I'll try to walk you thru it.
100% free

•••
If he is, as you say, Chinese, you need to factor in the FACE factor: no Chinese having "not much money" would ever admit to that! Clearly a negotiating tactic :sneaky:

Dropping your price from $12,500 to $4,500 showed desperation to sell, your need for quick cash. No wonder the buyer is holding firm at 2,000. (n)

If you're under the hammer and need the quick cash, put a clock on your last $4,500 offer, but not to short... say, 10 days or end of the month. Otherwise price goes up to $12,500 or more... me, I'd price it at $18,888 (Chinese love 8's, but they abhor 4's!) :sneaky:

Make sure to mention that you are interested in a quick sale (that much is obvious anyway) and are actively promoting this domain, that is to say, talking to other potential buyers and that the terms are first come first serve. Don't expect the buyer to cave in. Stay the course, stay quiet. Then 72 hours to deadline, remind him the price is going up on such and such date at 11:59 p.m. EST or GMT. Remind him once again 24 hours to deadline. Don't expect a reply.

Once past deadline, thank him for his interest and remind him the new price is $12,500 or whatever. Again, don't expect a reply. While there's a slim chance all this drama will elicit something, this is mainly to show your situation is not as desperate as you made it seem with your price drop to $4,500 :xf.wink:

In the meantime, make good on your word and... start talking to other potential buyers... I'd start with trademark lawyers and others specializing trademarking services (TM + GO)... if nothing else, this will boost your confidence in negotiations with the current interested party :xf.grin:

Last but not least: believe it or not, when negotiating with Chinese, it's a good idea to talk/email them... in Chinese :xf.smile:

Good luck!
Andrew

Last edited:
•••
If you want to have good sales, you have to be patient and know how to reject offer from potential buyer. I have just rejected 2 offers of 3,500 USD and 10,000 USD for my 2 4L .com domains through Undeveloped.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back