NameSilo

Received an offer $2000, accept or wait a better offer?

Labeled as offers in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by elmoney, Sep 7, 2018.

Replies:
39
Views:
2,264

  1. elmoney

    elmoney Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,985
    Likes Received:
    1,933
    Domain: T/M/G/O.com

    First offer was $1000, i countered with 12500, he replied with $2000, i reduced to $9500 and $7500, he said that he has a limited budget and he can not to pay more 2K. I drop to $4500 and waiting now...
     
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. lock

    lock Traffic.tools VIP

    Posts:
    1,865
    Likes Received:
    1,750
    His move how long ago was the last communication. Next 48 hours would be crucial but I am going to say remain silent over the weekend. This is an abbreviation so the business hasn't a lot of choice if want premium. Hold on wait grab a few drinks you got weekend ahead of you don't cave in just yet.
     
  3. elmoney

    elmoney Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,985
    Likes Received:
    1,933
    I'm waiting 2 weeks, from 23 Aug
    He is from China and owner of similar . CN domain, now he want to own COM
     
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  4. karmaco

    karmaco Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,087
    Likes Received:
    1,810
  5. lock

    lock Traffic.tools VIP

    Posts:
    1,865
    Likes Received:
    1,750
    Ok 2 weeks time to squeeze up. This is holding you back from other projects. You still hold the domain for 4.5k and you going to be firm with the price but will take a quick payment of 3.5k discounted for next 3 days only to detemine whether your present offers are serious so you expect a fast decision. You wont be dropping the price it is worth every penny. If he fails to take up your 3 day offer he knows the price and will expect greater in future. You will need to use your wording being always careful not to sound condecending or rude but your heels need to sound dug in.
     
  6. Deepak Bhandari

    Deepak Bhandari Established Member

    Posts:
    381
    Likes Received:
    242
  7. slader23

    slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

    Posts:
    1,889
    Likes Received:
    2,706
    4L.coms ending with GO that have premium letters are hard to find. This is a very good one. It's worth more than $2k IMHO to an end user but if you need the sale then counter with $5000 or set it up so that you net at least $2500 after fees. Buyer should be able to come up.


    Good luck!
     
  8. Moh Taufik

    Moh Taufik New Member

    Posts:
    10
    Likes Received:
    19
  9. Skyvisum

    Skyvisum Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,070
    Likes Received:
    1,506
    I won't sell less than 5 figures up into higher figures. Nice abbreviation and with the word "GO".You hold the ace. You countered lower instead of countering higher. Ignore their budget story on a name like these. Best of luck.
     
  10. MrAcidic

    MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    667
    Likes Received:
    777
    With an 8k drop you have in effect shot yourself in the foot - don't budge on your latest price and leave it.

    After a week and there is no response raise the BIN

    Sob stories are two a penny, I hear them every day from my children....don't believe them (y)
     
  11. Danish Harjiani

    Danish Harjiani Established Member

    Posts:
    191
    Likes Received:
    826
  12. DefinitelyDomains

    DefinitelyDomains DefinitelyDomains.com Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    2,563
    Likes Received:
    1,899
    Hold out - if he REALLY wants it he will come back.
     
  13. DKN

    DKN Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    3,257
    Likes Received:
    12,541
    IMO, Its a great name ending with "GO". $4500 is a good deal for the buyer.
     
  14. alcy

    alcy Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    14,397
    Likes Received:
    20,656
  15. Mister Funsky

    Mister Funsky Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,451
    Likes Received:
    5,972
    Only if you need money for whatever reason would I go lower. This is a great 4L so stay firm. If you have it on a marketplace, I would make the buy it now price 4500...then every 'x' amount of days raise the price 100. Potential buyer will notice and may react and click the 'buy it now' button. This has worked for me on more than one occasion.
     
  16. elmoney

    elmoney Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,985
    Likes Received:
    1,933
    Thanks for advice! Set BIN price $14750. Let's see what will be :-P
     
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  17. DomainVP

    DomainVP Domain Expert VIP

    Posts:
    3,310
    Likes Received:
    11,950
    Agreed, typically you should not go any lower than a 20% discount.
     
  18. NamesAgent

    NamesAgent Upgraded Member Blue Account

    Posts:
    428
    Likes Received:
    153
    Even if this buyer's budget truly is limited to 2k, there are plenty of other potential buyers for this quality domain. He is not the only buyer who will be interested in it. I would not go lower than 4500 under any circumstances.
     
  19. imadoer

    imadoer Active Member PRO VIP

    Posts:
    4,362
    Likes Received:
    4,166
    If it was me I would be looking for more then what you are asking for this domain like 10-30k

    I dont know your money situation
    I wouldn't take lower then 5000

    Good luck I hope you make the right choice

    I would almost pay 2k for that name
     
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  20. xynames

    xynames XYNames.com VIP

    Posts:
    2,032
    Likes Received:
    3,048
    Your price is fine, but a Chinese buyer will never pay it.
     
  21. elmoney

    elmoney Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,985
    Likes Received:
    1,933
    I know, it is for other potential buyers, otherwise they can also make offer
     
  22. themavrick

    themavrick Upgraded Member Gold Account

    Posts:
    307
    Likes Received:
    376
    its a good name, don't let it go for less than 3K
     
  23. trelgor

    trelgor Established Member

    Posts:
    487
    Likes Received:
    322
    I think you dropped the ball when you dropped the price. This is not a name to sell for bread and butter, it has potential.
     
  24. Josytal

    Josytal Established Member

    Posts:
    711
    Likes Received:
    843
    The offer is ok. But then, if he's ready to pay $2000, then he'll most likely be ready for a little gear up, say $2500.
    If you need the money now, then counter with say, 2300, 2500 or 2700.
    You can also extract from namebio/com sales stats for 4L's to support your argument.
     
  25. .X.

    .X. Always Buying Names VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    6,782
    Likes Received:
    1,308
    No a penny less than 3.5K IMO
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:

Share This Page

Lysted
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...