IT.COM

advice Received 34M offer, what is the proper way to respond to this troll?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just received an offer at Undeveloped of $34,704,343 for my domain inc(.)tax

It is obvious that this is someone trolling, so what is the best way to respond?
1- Reject the offer
2- Counter the offer to be able to send a message through Undeveloped interface.

I don't want to accept the offer because the domain will stay pending "finalizing sale" for 3-4 weeks, that happened with me last month on same domain when I accepted low xxxx offer and it turned out to be a fake offer.

Interestingly both offers came from Pakistan, I am not sure if this is just pure chance, or it is the same person that came back in a new account.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would certainly accept the offer, you never know
may be he is really interested in the name and correct a typing error
For me waiting 3 weeks not a big problem

•••
Maybe the guy input his phone number by mistake. I had a similar offer and that was what happened. Either way, just reject it and move on.

•••
Why 3-4 weeks? I thought an offer expires if the buyer fails to pay within 24 hrs

•••
Hi,

Accept offer. Get in touch with Undeveloped customer support. They will cancel the sale in couple days if the offer is fake and they will take action like block that user from doing business on Undeveloped.

Thanks

•••
Why 3-4 weeks? I thought an offer expires if the buyer fails to pay within 24 hrs

They send payment reminder every week to the buyer, and after 1 month the sale is canceled

•••
They send payment reminder every week to the buyer, and after 1 month the sale is canceled
oh. well after you accept the offer, you speak directly to undeveloped, so maybe then just tell them your concerns? they are very responsive

•••
There is no Way :):) Say like "Guy, I am too serious to get 34 millions from you for This(name does not cost it), but I agree on 3-4k..."

Last edited:
•••
Please do not reject. This guy deserves block and suspension. By rejecting he will have the chance to do it again

•••
Accept the offer [B]@Ostrados[/B] & see what happen next
After all nothing to lose (if not recived the payment ) but sure you lose if the payment will be made
Maybe this guys exacttaxinc .com or other want to buy or other
So my advice - Accept offer

•••
Accept the offer [B]@Ostrados[/B] & see what happen next
After all nothing to lose (if not recived the payment ) but sure you lose if the payment will be made
Maybe this guys exacttaxinc .com or other want to buy or other
So my advice - Accept offer

I am hesitated to do that because the landing page will be disabled for 3-4 weeks while waiting for sale finalizing. last month same thing happened. I may get real offers during this waiting period.

•••
Please do not reject. This guy deserves block and suspension. By rejecting he will have the chance to do it again

Good point lol

•••
I am hesitated to do that because the landing page will be disabled for 3-4 weeks while waiting for sale finalizing. last month same thing happened. I may get real offers during this waiting period.

So? No problem if is disable...(if this deal is off ) ..be sure will recived another offer next time
But IMO i think is chance here even if at first look as a troll..but you never know
I sold domain names with $ xxx and for me no value , but for buyer have

•••

It is obvious that this is someone trolling, so what is the best way to respond?
1- Reject the offer
2- Counter the offer to be able to send a message through Undeveloped interface.

I don't want to accept the offer because the domain will stay pending "finalizing sale" for 3-4 weeks, that happened with me last month on same domain when I accepted low xxxx offer and it turned out to be a fake offer.

Interestingly both offers came from Pakistan, I am not sure if this is just pure chance, or it is the same person that came back in a new account.
I have faced the same issue for my domain LegendWin.com
Received 5 offers above 1M and all from Philippines.

•••
•••
Either Counter or Accept. There Is Not Point Declining The Offer. If No Contact Or Payment From The Buyer After A Few days Then You Can Ask Undeveloped To Cancel The Transaction And Your Lander With Be Live Again.

•••

Happened with me several time.

You can get back your landing page in less than 72 hours if you communicate with Undeveloped customer support.

Thanks

•••
Reset it yourself using the EDIT option and uncheck the WAS IT SOLD? box... that should work and make sure to keep it on Make Offer til you find out if buyer is fake or not paying. At least that way you can not lose leads while waiting.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 10.30.51 AM.png

•••
Reset it yourself using the EDIT option and uncheck the WAS IT SOLD? box... that should work and make sure to keep it on Make Offer til you find out if buyer is fake or not paying. At least that way you can not lose leads while waiting.
Show attachment 119479
:) Seriously I don't think someone should pay 34 millions dollars for this name(even 1 million), because it's very big money, and it does not cost such. Why not say you agree on $5k?

•••
Respond by saying that it's a premium domain and that his offer is an affront to your entire family--the offer doesn't even begin to scratch the veneer of it's true worth.

Ask Undeveloped to only court and vet high net worth individuals and then reprimand your non-existent account manager for insolence.

Fake or not, $34 million is chump change.

•••
I would at least frame the $34 million offer as they don't come along every day! :xf.grin: Or maybe it is just me, is everyone else getting multimillion dollar offers all of the time? :xf.wink:

•••

Show attachment 119479

thanks this is very useful

Last edited:
•••
I accepted the offer but few hours later Undeveloped cancelled the sale and sent me a message that this one is a fake offer.

They revealed the buyer email and phone number, and guess what he really used his phone number as the offer value! :ROFL:

•••
guess what he really used his phone number as the offer value!
Is it possible that it was a genuine error, and thought was giving a contact since he just wanted to get more information, and really did not realize he was placing it in an offer price box? It seems a stretch, but with possible language barrier it is maybe possible? Why else give your real number as an offer? I mean the box is labelled "My offer for this domain is:" but maybe misunderstood.

•••

1- Reject the offer
I once received $9,000,000,000 offer through Bodis form :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I simply ignored and move on.

However, I will definitely advice you to accept. Then watch for his reactions

•••
Back