IT.COM

advice Received 34M offer, what is the proper way to respond to this troll?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just received an offer at Undeveloped of $34,704,343 for my domain inc(.)tax

It is obvious that this is someone trolling, so what is the best way to respond?
1- Reject the offer
2- Counter the offer to be able to send a message through Undeveloped interface.

I don't want to accept the offer because the domain will stay pending "finalizing sale" for 3-4 weeks, that happened with me last month on same domain when I accepted low xxxx offer and it turned out to be a fake offer.

Interestingly both offers came from Pakistan, I am not sure if this is just pure chance, or it is the same person that came back in a new account.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just received an offer at Undeveloped of $34,704,343 for my domain inc(.)tax

It is obvious that this is someone trolling, so what is the best way to respond?
1- Reject the offer
2- Counter the offer to be able to send a message through Undeveloped interface.

I don't want to accept the offer because the domain will stay pending "finalizing sale" for 3-4 weeks, that happened with me last month on same domain when I accepted low xxxx offer and it turned out to be a fake offer.

Interestingly both offers came from Pakistan, I am not sure if this is just pure chance, or it is the same person that came back in a new account.

I get the same kind of offers from India. I just ignore and block.

•••
Is it possible that it was a genuine error, and thought was giving a contact since he just wanted to get more information, and really did not realize he was placing it in an offer price box? It seems a stretch, but with possible language barrier it is maybe possible? Why else give your real number as an offer? I mean the box is labelled "My offer for this domain is:" but maybe misunderstood.

yes that is plausible

•••
We have all been through this. Just accept the offer and see what happens. I hope its a win for you ;)

•••
Ask to get paid in Bitcoin imo

•••
If you reject he can make another offer. If you think those offers are spam, reject can't stop the spam.
However you should always reject. Maybe he will make a 10x offer if you reject. Because he may think it's worth more if you don't accept his or her offer.

•••
Ask them for a certificate to make sure the money is worth as much as what your investor demands.

•••
accept it if its undeveloped. Worst that could happen is they don't pay

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back