NameSilo

Rebel .COM Domain $1.5 + 1 Free Weebly Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
LAUNCH YOUR .COM WEBSITE TODAY FOR JUST $1.50USD. Save 89% on your first year.
Update: Max 3 per customer.
Update Feb.21 UTC: Sale applies to US and Canadian residents only.
Plus:
  • Free 1 Page Website
  • 3 Free Months of Custom Email
  • Advanced DNS Management
  • 24/7 Award Winning Support
  • more...
For more detail, click here http://gowith.rebel.com/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This registrar have automatic and free push ?

•••
@Crusader3000 - Rebel is OK, they are kinda a PITA to deal with, they will fix it, but almost everything I have done there I needed chat and their UI is bloaty and non-intuitive.

Read thru these to get an idea
https://www.namepros.com/threads/1-com-net-org-ca-transfers-rebel-com.888627/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/rebel-offers-5-99-for-com-ca-net-org-and-co-transfer-inns.993375/

All that being said I'll proly buy a few with this deal, just I plan to always transfer EARLY with Rebel, and more than likely would pay to transfer out before sale as well for simplicity too.

Last edited:
•••
Cheers OP just got one. Anyone know how long the delay is? "Queued for manual processing"

•••
Cheers OP just got one. Anyone know how long the delay is? "Queued for manual processing"

'Registered' the domain and they charged my account but the domain is still available for registration about 8 hours after payment. Contacted support an hour after registration informing them that the domain is not in my account and is still available for registration. Just received a reply from Rebel support:

"I am very sorry for the delay. I have forwarded your concern to our support who are working to get your registration completed as soon as possible."

This is very awful service by Rebel.

•••
regged 10 of them last nite

think it was $17 total. I guess they charge icann fee extra or something..

thought the promo would end on 14th.. not sure if still on

went smoothly. nice cheap promo for few quick regs! though 10 isn't much really.

enjoy

•••
It still ON right now as I've just checked. Have no idea how long will it last

•••
•••
Mine took 13 hours to actually be registered, so if you are getting names from drop list, proly better to go elsewhere.

They tacked on extra 20 cents for ICANN, so total $1.70 each

@Haris100 did yours get regd yet? @alcy did you verify yours in whois?

•••
Mine took 13 hours to actually be registered, so if you are getting names from drop list, proly better to go elsewhere.

They tacked on extra 20 cents for ICANN, so total $1.70 each

@Haris100 did yours get regd yet? @alcy did you verify yours in whois?

It took 15 hours. There was a huge delay during their last deal too. Both times they claimed it's a registry error. Nope, It's Rebel's fault.

•••
They show .com price as $1.50 for coupe of screens after adding to cart but price changes to $14.99 just before payment!

If promo is over, why show $1.50 while adding to cart.

•••
@DNVantage - did you already use up your limit of 10? and/or make sure to remove privacy and the other upsells?

EDIT: Now I am getting this message when looking at my cart
The promotion "Save big on your first year of .COM! Max 3 per customer. Sale applies to Canadian residents only." can only be used up to 3 times.

EDIT TWO:
Yes they changed it, now on the original deal page posted by @luantt is says this:
Save 89% on your first year. Max 3 per customer. Some restrictions may apply.

IF you got the email, you can start chat and complain and they MIGHT make an exception for you, worth a shot

Last edited:
•••
@DNVantage - did you already use up your limit of 10? and/or make sure to remove privacy and the other upsells?

LOL, not even 1! Did not get time earlier, so tried few hours earlier! Yes removed everything. It is misleading to show $1.50 on home page and while adding to cart, if promo is over, just waste of time.

•••
Get on chat - it should work for you for three domains at least, even though they changed the deal since yesterday.

Here's an available name you can grab : grin :

SS-rebelsuckscom-02-15-2017.png

•••
Chat is not available now. Anyway, not worth saving few $. I was late to the party and I have no problem their promo is over, but unfair to switch prices before processing payment.

•••
They show .com price as $1.50 for coupe of screens after adding to cart but price changes to $14.99 just before payment!.

not able to insert an image, here is the link.

imgur.com/a/0aCg4

•••
What you register when ~127M dotcoms are taken???
Some dropped domains or what?

•••
They show .com price as $1.50 for coupe of screens after adding to cart but price changes to $14.99 just before payment!

If promo is over, why show $1.50 while adding to cart.
Found this note after the last check out step. I returned to review order and saw the same high price with note: The promotion "Save big on your first year of .COM! Max 3 per customer. Sale applies to Canadian residents only." can only be used up to 3 times.
My Screenshot http://prntscr.com/e9bcni

Not sure how the sale works for now

•••
Quick note for potential EUROPEAN rebel customers:
Make sure you have about half a day free to go through their sh***y "validation" process.
My opinion:
REBEL = AVOID

•••
•••
Went into Rebel on Wednesday, front page said $1.50 .coms and free website, put 3 dot coms in my cart, cart said $1.50 per name, it was like $5.06 total. Went to pay, and the total jumped to $14.99 per name. Hit support chat, and was told they were having site issues and to come back in an hour. Went back 3-4 hours later and made my purchase for the names at $5.06. Next day I logged in, no domains in my account. Went to GoDaddy and registered the 3 for $8 each! Went back to Rebel regged 3 more, tried to charge me Canadian $2 per name! Paid, but names are still available to register at GD! They're really struggling over there!

•••
FYI if rebel deal isn't worth the hassle, we have $4.99 COM still running at @AlpNames and $4.17 COM at DirectNIC for those who are not FH users

•••
•••
you silly @Masay - the goal is discount registrations, whoiscom cost for COM is $9.88 : smile :

•••
sorry i don't know that $5 .com promo from whois already ended. but, if you have account with them, sometimes they give promotion for some users ( maybe base on your country). just like me, get this promo code "comid117" for $3.88 .com until 31st January while stock last..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back