IT.COM

Real face of 1&1 - stay as far as you can

Spaceship
Watch

Rashedul Islam

Impact
STAY FAR AWAY FROM 1&1

They recently blocked my account due to a failed transaction ( tried to buy wp hosting from a card with different name, I bought many other domains with same card haven't faced any issues but this transaction got me directly blocked ), my 1&1 is around 3 months old, I have a 3 months old domain along with all my hard work of Quality Backlinks. They suspended all my domains and blocked my account. Emailed them a lot of times, Haven't got any reply yet.

- Called support, they said call security team.
- Called security team, they said we cant accept the transaction, you'll have to call the support team to get back the domain.
- Called support team, they said "I have to fill up a form and submit it", now i submitted a form and got this reply
" Unfortunately, your account was terminated by the security team. Without an active account we will not be able to restore the domain."

- Called the security team again, they said I can get the domain back, what I need to do is create a new 1&1 account and ask transfer team to transfer my domain this nee account.

- Therefor i contacted an 1&1 agent and created new account, and I talked to them for 53 minutes and they said they can't do anything.

I have called them so many times, I even don't remember what conversation we had each time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are the worst! Not to mention their site is unbelievably slow and they have no bulk capabilities when you have multiple domains.

•••
Dealt with them twice. Never again. I thought it was just me.

•••
Don't they have a long history of blocking domain name transfers to other registrars.

•••
they ruined everything, all my 3 month of hard work on that domain. I have never seen such host which does terminates account just for a failed transaction. Even they didnt contact me back, I had to call them all the time.

•••
Just curios, from all the hosting companies out there, why did you chose 1&1?

•••
Just curios, from all the hosting companies out there, why did you chose 1&1?
i got the domain for $0.99 as a first time customer, that's the only reason, from onwards i would rather pay $100 instead using 1&1

•••
In domaining this news about 1&1 is a bit old.
Avoid their service in the future and use other companies for domains.

•••
I'm using 1and1 with PayPal 7 years already...

•••
Don't they have a long history of blocking domain name transfers to other registrars.
They don't block anything.
Even more, since 2016 Transfer-outs are instant there instead of standard 6 days.

•••
In domaining this news about 1&1 is a bit old.
It is not a news.
It is just a German classical antifraud...
Always use PayPal with 1and1 - the only one advice here.

Last edited:
•••
It is not a news.
It is just a German classical antifraud...
Always use PayPal with 1and1 - the only one advice here.
My experiences with 1and1 are sooooo bad. I strongly advise against giving 1and1 access to your Paypal account. They billed me full price when I used their promos. They refused to send me a corrected invoice. They froze my account and locked my access to my domains. They renewed domains they had promised not to renew (telephone support) They let my good domain go into redemption the very day they expired.

•••
I did xxx of Transfer-ins/outs and Regs with 1and1...
And Yes, sometimes I also receive the incorrect invoices but all of them were corrected upon contacting billing AT 1and1.com
And Yes, their panel is very uncomfortable...
But my primary motivation is to save money... that's why I'm using them regularly for years...

Last edited:
•••
Search for 1&1 on this forum, plenty of threads on how dodgy they are.

•••
Paypal and 1and 1 - that's got to be a big red light for scammers imho.

That's just my opinion based on Ebay observations and board postings. I'm sure it doesn't apply to everbody using that combination, but why take the risk?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back