NameSilo

Rare Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What type of domains are rare? Like 3 letter .com's stuff like that. Because if 4 number .com's are. I've found one :)

LoL

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
4 char .com's are not rare. There are probably thousands that are not registered. 3 letter .com's are valuable though.

•••
oh ok. Thanks

edit
are any 3 letter tld rare?

edit 2
Plus would any full names like. television.tm be worth anything?

Last edited:
•••
There are a few types of names that are rare just for what they are. I'll list a few I can think of off hand

One letter .com / .net / .org (no longer available, retired upon drop)

Two character .org (now retired upon dropping)
Two character .com / .net

Three letter .com / .net / .org (letters only)
Three number .com / .net / .org (numbers only)

All the above are in demand. Three character .com/.net/.org are in demand, unless they are all letters or all numbers.

•••
what about exact words. 1 word domains. Or stuff to do with technolgy. e.g. motherboard.com

Plus
Is their anyone who I could like chat to or Pm when I think i find a good domain. Who would give me advice. But not register it.

•••
Originally posted by hilljd00
what about exact words. 1 word domains. Or stuff to do with technolgy. e.g. motherboard.com

This is not the same. A domain is not automatically worth registering just because it's a single word.

Of course motherboard.com has value, but how about moralistically.com? Use common sense and make sure a domain has a viable purpose before registering.

•••
What about my PM thing then?

•••
1 letter domains are the rarest! :)

•••
I figured that bit out :p

•••
what about .nu's and other extensions? sorry I thought I'd take advantage and join this since I'm a n00b :P

•••
Originally posted by Tatsuki
what about .nu's and other extensions? sorry I thought I'd take advantage and join this since I'm a n00b :P

Personally, I would not register .NU domains, or "other extensions" ... if you're referring to either .CC, .WS, .TV, .TM (mentioned above), .MD, ad nauseum IMHO. I am talking generally about the reselling potential of the domain names/extensions, and not necessarily as fully developed sites, as well.
Welcome to Namepros, Tatsuki. :)

•••
Geez when I am an old man there will be no more .coms :lol:

•••
LoL. Their wont be any soon. Or are you already a old man :p

•••
Originally posted by DaZ884
Geez when I am an old man there will be no more .coms :lol:

I think that's impossible...
There's 4,808,584,372,417,849 possible domains up to 10 characters.
Even if 1,000,000,000 domains are registered each day for the next 50 years, there would still be 4,790,334,372,417,849 unregistered.

:laugh:

•••
Originally posted by hilljd00
Plus
Is their anyone who I could like chat to or Pm when I think i find a good domain. Who would give me advice. But not register it.

There are a few members who would do this honestly, however their are some who would register it.

That is your gamble!

However, you can pm me the name, I will give you my opinion,without registering it for myself.

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by biggie
However, you you pm me the name, I will give you my opinion,without registering it for myself.

Agree!
Biggie is an honorable domainer, and GREAT NP'r!! :)

:hearts:

•••
•••
This stuff is kinda confusing. Why would 3 letter tld's be expensive?

•••
Originally posted by katrina
I think thats what they mean, not sure though. :/

•••
•••
Originally posted by katrina
Very easy to remember, short, and can be used for a wide variety
of businesses. Just a quick example:
vgb.com can be used as:
VideoGameBusiness
VeryGoodBoys
VideoGameBuyers
etc.

Hope that helps somehow Katrina

•••
2 letter are rarest. they are awesome but you probably wont get your hands on one ever.

•••
There are LOTS of NPers who you can trust. Count me in as one of them. I personally could list 25 members that I would be willing to confide in. I guess you will ultimately have to make that decision for yourself. I suggest keeping track mentally of those who have lots of posts, good trader #'s, and are helpful to others (all three combined). That's not to say that many of our newer members aren't just as trustworthy but they have to pay their dues and earn the respect of their fellow members.

Good-luck in your quest. It shouldn't be too difficult.
ST

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back