NameSilo

.mobi Random thoughts on Mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mostly because I am home from work today and have a bit of time I ll post my thoughts on mobi and appreciate any feedback. First are my ideas of how mobi will become (if it does) successful. I have a lot of dot mobis registered but see them as a risky invesment and not a sure thing. Those of you regging random names now and expecting to sell them tomorrow for XXX or XXXX I think you are miguided. I only put what I can afford to lose into them but have a set of about 150 or so good (at least I think so )regs. That being said either mobi will fail or succeed.

If it succeeds it will happen, I think, in a flash. People on here talk alot about big corporate buy in which is key to the extensions future but if you look at internet success stories recently you have things like myspace, youtube and yes even google. Therefore I think it will be one site that launches, if it happens, the mobi revolution. It wont be one of mine, I am not that creative. I think mobis best hope is for a site to take off, expose the world to mobis and only then will the big names hop on board. I doubt it will happen the other way around (lots of corporations independently setting up sites and promoting them; this will only happen AFTER one site goes mainstream).

The next major issue I am working through is how to make money off the mobis. In the medium term I think you are going to see a lot of latecomers show up here and elsewhere purchasing names to try and resell. The question will be is it going to be worth selling a good mobi for a couple hundred bucks a pop? Either you hold on and take a chance for more gains or you hop off at that point. I think this scenario is fairly likely and I will decide what to do when it happens. My own personal strategy is to buy good (but not great) one word names. I figure I am better off spening a few hundred dollars for half a dozen good one word names than spending the same on one LLL. LLL's are I think at the high end of what they should be going for since they are only worth that price if mobi hits in which case the cheaper names are also worth it and have a better upside. ANyway, my thoughts, good luck with your own.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cac14850 said:
Mostly because I am home from work today and have a bit of time I ll post my thoughts on mobi and appreciate any feedback. First are my ideas of how mobi will become (if it does) successful. I have a lot of dot mobis registered but see them as a risky invesment and not a sure thing. Those of you regging random names now and expecting to sell them tomorrow for XXX or XXXX I think you are miguided. I only put what I can afford to lose into them but have a set of about 150 or so good (at least I think so )regs. That being said either mobi will fail or succeed.

If it succeeds it will happen, I think, in a flash. People on here talk alot about big corporate buy in which is key to the extensions future but if you look at internet success stories recently you have things like myspace, youtube and yes even google. Therefore I think it will be one site that launches, if it happens, the mobi revolution. It wont be one of mine, I am not that creative. I think mobis best hope is for a site to take off, expose the world to mobis and only then will the big names hop on board. I doubt it will happen the other way around (lots of corporations independently setting up sites and promoting them; this will only happen AFTER one site goes mainstream).

The next major issue I am working through is how to make money off the mobis. In the medium term I think you are going to see a lot of latecomers show up here and elsewhere purchasing names to try and resell. The question will be is it going to be worth selling a good mobi for a couple hundred bucks a pop? Either you hold on and take a chance for more gains or you hop off at that point. I think this scenario is fairly likely and I will decide what to do when it happens. My own personal strategy is to buy good (but not great) one word names. I figure I am better off spening a few hundred dollars for half a dozen good one word names than spending the same on one LLL. LLL's are I think at the high end of what they should be going for since they are only worth that price if mobi hits in which case the cheaper names are also worth it and have a better upside. ANyway, my thoughts, good luck with your own.

I'd be careful buying 1 worders on the aftermarket... Something like steering.mobi won't be worth much under any circumstances. Good 1 worders, however, certainly have the most room to appreciate. Of course, getting good 1 worders for cheap is a challenge in it's own right.

•••
I certainly agree that not everything will ever be worth much and who knows about the names I have but I think your use of steering is a perfect example, it is really tough to say which key word will be worth money to someone else. Steering for instance is regged in 15+ extensions, has 55 million or so google hits, always has at least a couple google ads and has had as many as two full pages, and I pasted the ovt results for it below: In any event it is far easier to pick those names up than a LLL (that cost me about 10 bucks and if I bougt 30 similar names at that price I personally think I would make more than on one random LLL composed of good but not meaningful letters) Yes I realize the downside is renewal fees but it all depends on perspective.

OVT
Count Keyword
2254 steering wheel
1835 steering wheels
1364 steering column
958 momo steering wheels
927 momo steering wheel
776 steering
759 steering wheel lock
750 grant steering wheels
719 grant steering wheel
642 7 bmw problem series steering
608 steering stabilizer
582 power steering
577 pc steering wheel
551 power steering fluid
537 steering damper
530 ps2 steering wheel
459 x box steering wheel
441 billet steering wheel
423 leather steering wheel cover
388 steering wheel cover
352 wood steering wheel
326 steering wheel knob
317 racing steering wheel
304 360 box steering wheel x
293 ps3 steering wheel
276 power steering pump
264 play station 2 steering wheel
257 wood steering wheels
252 power steering hose
248 wood grain steering wheel
248 logitech steering wheel
235 sparco steering wheel
229 ford power steering
229 steering knuckle
226 ps2 steering wheels
225 steering shaft
224 chevy steering column
223 pc steering wheels
218 steering wheel puller
218 sparco steering wheels
212 chain steering wheel
211 ford steering wheel
205 custom steering wheels
199 steering column lock
199 pink steering wheel cover
197 racing steering wheels
191 wood grain steering wheels
186 steering wheel spinner
186 steering system
183 billet steering wheels
182 ford steering column
179 marine steering
177 steering wheel wii
174 power steering pulley
168 woodgrain steering wheels
165 steering committee
161 steering cable
160 momo steering
158 accessories,boat ebay motors,parts parts,controls steering
158 suspension steering
155 steering box
151 car steering
151 steering lock
146 psc steering
144 ford power steering pump
142 ford steering wheels
141 power steering bracket
137 ididit steering column
133 chevrolet steering wheel
130 steering dampers
129 steering wheel repair
127 grant steering
127 ship steering wheel
126 power steering rack
123 steering knob
122 accessories,car ebay motors,parts parts,suspension steering truck
122 power steering pump pulley
121 mercedes steering wheel
119 toy steering wheel
118 steering gear
116 woodgrain steering wheel
115 automotive steering suspension system
112 play station steering wheel
109 rs4 steering wheel
108 computer steering wheel
108 sea star steering
107 self steering
106 steering gear box
103 motorcycle steering damper
102 car steering wheel cover
102 steering colum
101 electric power steering
99 car steering wheels
99 playboy steering wheel cover
98 mustang power steering
96 computer gas pedal racing steering wheel
95 3 play station steering wheel
95 chevelle steering wheel
94 joint steering committee
94 gamecube steering wheel

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back