Dynadot

question Qs about selling domains on GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been planning to put some of my domains on auction at GoDaddy auctions and I've never used them before. I am going to use the 7-day auctions to test it out and see how it goes. I have some questions - I tried the search function here but most of the threads have to do with buying domains at GoDaddy auctions.

Each time I look at 7DA and sort by time left, I see at least 2 bids for auctions that are about to end, and 2 or more bids for all auctions. I didn't see any domain names that had not be bid on.

1. Does the page show only auctions that have been bid on, even if there are 7-day auctions that are coming to end at the time?

2. One can sell domains that are not registered at GoDaddy at their auctions. How does a prospective buyer know while looking at the listing whether it is a domain registered at GoDaddy or some other registrar? It is not mentioned in the Details section.

3. If a domain registered at Namecheap sells at GoDaddy auctions how does one transfer the domain to the buyer? GoDaddy says(on its FAQs page) "the buyer (new registrant) must initiate a domain name transfer". Does GoDaddy coordinate the transfer with the buyer?

4. If a domain name gets sold does GoDaddy transfer the payment to PayPal immediately? Are there other ways to get paid, like by check or bank transfer?

If anyone has hands-on experience using GoDaddy auctions and have sold domains there - would appreciate your help with answers to my questions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. The default page shows only the most active auctions. To see all the auctions, you need to use the Advanced Search in the right hand side corner.
2. Not sure
3. Never tried that, but I have heard it takes time, even weeks. The buyer will initiate the transfer and will pay for it.
4. If your domain is with GoDaddy, the payment by Paypal arrives in a few days (usually more than two, but less than a week). If your domain is with another registrar, I have heard that the payment may be delayed for a few weeks. There are ways to get paid by check and bank transfer, I remember you can choose what ways of payment you accept somewhere in your profile.

•••
Thanks Nerevar!

Anyone knows the answers to Qs 2 & 3, from experience?

•••
There is an Advance Search which is located to the immediate right of the Domain Search bar. When it opens you type in your name click on your domain extension and it will search all the auctions at GoDaddy

•••
Asking how to view each of the domains is a daunting question. Go to GoDaddy tech support and you can find the answers to your domain questions.

•••
@Cheryl Arbury - Stop giving irrelevant answers(2 of them in same thread consecutively) just to increase your post count. Read the forum rules first and learn how to respond to posts.

**THREAD CLOSED**

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back