Dynadot

Qotto.com -- Non-payer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm giving the non-payer of Qotto.com 24 hours notice before I splash his or her details on this thread and on my PayTheWoman.com.

I have also emailed this person.

I cut this person a huge break by dropping my price significantly when he or she queried.

The domain has been relisted at its original price.

So if you were the non-payer of Qotto.com, you are on notice.

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On a lighter note: If all offers I got in December were paid...it would be in six figures. We have to live with such idiots.
Ignoring the billion dollar offers accompanied with messages from drunk halfwits...
I'm at about mid 5 fig in December from people who went mia after placing offers.
ndrgktts.jpeg

•••
The OP is 100% right, there is no point in discussing that at all. As many people noted already, it is a common thing to do when you get offer to push it to auction but the question is did the buyer know that they had to buy with their original offer if no other bids where received? This is where I always blame Godaddy, because they dont allow any sort of communication at all because this could have been afforded if the buyer was told this and explained to that if no other bids are received, you will be obliged to buy at your offer since basically, Godaddy rules state so. Or do they offer this now?

As for the buyer, she appears to be from the gulf region and might not know a lot of how domaining or even how Godaddy auctions work even though she is software developer.

As for the OP, nothing can be done about it anymore and you have done enough to warn other users about this buyer.

•••
She was told it would be pushed to auction. It is not up to the seller to hand-feed her. It's up to her to take responsibility to find out what push to auction means at GoDaddy. IMHO.

•••
She was told it would be pushed to auction. It is not up to the seller to hand-feed her. It's up to her to take responsibility to find out what push to auction means at GoDaddy. IMHO.

Agreed. 100%.

•••
No doubt in my mind, name and shame!

Just too many of them and most get away with it as many sellers do nothing,won't be so many if they know their details will be all over the web- forever!

•••
I have been the opposite, the last three names at Godaddy have been non-sales ( in the aftermarket) It does seem a bit hit and miss, good luck to the Op

•••
Would you name and shame for $5 domain deal? I don't think so.
It's all about the money. This screams desperation.

You got scammed > Name and shame!
Failed deal > Move on!

Who will buy this domain now? It's on the first page on search engine pointing to this thread. A head start for a new startup company.

•••
In reference to my last post, I'm very surprised you gave Asma the courtesy of [dot] com and choosing not to reveal his full name. Doing so would cache his information forever, along with the comments about him being a jerk. You've shown a superior PR road I didn't see coming.

Do you mind sharing what led you to making this decision? I'd assume linking his name and full domain would be more effective in ruining his reputation. Using "quotes" to search specific information about said person/websites would link to their lasting credibility.

I made the decision to list the non-payer's email address as I did and simply added that Ms Said's info was accessible through Domain tools or any other whois.

My rationale: I got the feeling that she's young (albeit not underage), foolish, and clueless, but, perhaps, still open to learning from this mistake. Who knows? We have all been there... I still wanted her info accessible but perhaps not so "out there."

From what I did reveal, it wouldn't be that difficult for anyone to find her info.

To be truthful, until after the fact, I never thought of any marketing aspect, but there's no doubt that the domain is probably garnering some attention.

Believe me, I did mull this decision over. I don't LIKE having to do this at all, but it is not good for our industry to just "move on" and sweep this under the rug.

And, yes, "jerk" is a bit too strong; it's best to stick to the facts; she's just a someone who made a mistake.

I do apologize for that obvious lapse.

•••
Would you name and shame for $5 domain deal? I don't think so.
It's all about the money. This screams desperation.

You got scammed > Name and shame!
Failed deal > Move on!

Who will buy this domain now? It's on the first page on search engine pointing to this thread. A head start for a new startup company.

I don't do $5.00 deals.

:)

Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on,

This seems to be the Mantra of the week.

•••
Well this is a domain name forum, OP is trying to point out a deadbeat buyer and some members, even VIP members makes it her fault, because she pushed the domain into the auction (by her right) instead of accepting the offer. I would do the same, most of us would do the same. I am pretty sure she will move on, but I appreciate she pointed out this common problem, we have got a lot of new members who like to know what is going behind the scene.

•••
I'm sure this thing happens a lot. It happened to me at 4.cn and other platforms., in both cases, pushing to auction and counter offer. I don't blame the supposed buyer here. There are people who don't want to spend time in auctions or negotiations, they just come make an offer, if you accept you have a deal if not you don't have any deal.
Pushing the domain to auction is a clear reason the first offer was lower than expected. Be positive, you got the opportunity to push the domain to auction for free and got an info that your domain won't sale for a higher price at that moment of time.
And it is not fair to make public names or private information.

•••
I'm sure this thing happens a lot. It happened to me at 4.cn and other platforms., in both cases, pushing to auction and counter offer. I don't blame the supposed buyer here. There are people who don't want to spend time in auctions or negotiations, they just come make an offer, if you accept you have a deal if not you don't have any deal.
Pushing the domain to auction is a clear reason the first offer was lower than expected. Be positive, you got the opportunity to push the domain to auction for free and got an info that your domain won't sale for a higher price at that moment of time.
And it is not fair to make public names or private information.

The buyer was TOLD IN ADVANCE that the domain would be pushed to auction, and she was okay with that.

I believe I mentioned this earlier.

I respectfully disagree with this statement: "...is not fair to make public names or private information."

I say it's fair game when it comes to time wasters who don't fulfill their legal obligations.

•••
I missed that post. Still a very long time passed from the offer to the end of the auction. Also as the supposed beer said, it is new to domaining, probably the idea of pushing the domain to auction wasn't clear enough.
I do stand in that statement to do not make public private information. The time was wasted in both ends...

•••
FYI,

I waited almost three weeks (during which time: crickets) before I reported her to Go Daddy and asked that the domain be removed from the "Sold" platform.

Evidently, she was non-responsive to Go Daddy's emails.

•••
So much drama around your failed sale. Imagine we all open threads when our deal does not end the way we wanted it. You spend so much time bumping this thread, who knows, maybe you will find a buyer for your domain this way?

Go on, bump it one more time....

•••
•••
Every business has Cancellation/Return/Refund/ policies.. " In my View " Domaining is no different..
Customers have every right to spend the money the way they wanted.... that's how the business world operates..

•••
Customers have every right to spend the money the way they wanted.... that's how the business world operates..
Customer shall read the rules before enter an offer. Domain auction is not a flea market :)

•••
The customer was involved in the auction indirectly

•••
The guy made an offer through Go Daddy, and I pushed the domain to auction, and his offer became the first bid.

His was the only bid, which means he was the winner of the auction.

He was contractually obligated to pay for the domain.

Should have sold it outright when he asked. Your mistake for trying to gouge more money for the domain. Can't give a buyer time to decide. Also the reply from the user seems genuine and they even attempted to make things right. You seem to be trying to create a massive mess out of nothing. Why not take the higher road and walk away?

•••
As a buyer, the "push to auction" bit has always left a bad taste in my mouth. I've had it happen to me after "agreeing" on a domain's price on Sedo, and also at Godaddy during the offer-counteroffer process. I was blindsided so props to the OP for at least communicating what was about to happen. In general though the marketplace platforms should do better at setting expectation that an offer could be a binding opening bid for an auction. Legally there's a case to be made that an offer is an offer, and a "push to auction" is a separate transaction solely initiated by the seller unless the buyer has explicitly agreed to it.

It's up to her to take responsibility to find out what push to auction means at GoDaddy.

Buried somewhere in their TOS. A person will never know unless they go through the process. It's just another rite of passage that you learn as a domainer, which is why I have some sympathy b/c we were all "just another enduser" at some point in the past.

•••
Customer shall read the rules before enter an offer. Domain auction is not a flea market :)

Agree 100%

BUT .. don't you think the customer also has rights.. like in most other businesses to Cancel/Return or Request Refunds.. Unless of course it's a clearance item , which in this case is not..

•••
godaddy should just ban everyone who doesn't pay after they win an auction and make sure the same person cannot bid again even with another account

•••
godaddy should just ban everyone who doesn't pay after they win an auction and make sure the same person cannot bid again even with another account
They ban that user from tdnam, so yes, they do it

•••
How many of us here would be happy to walk away with the money and knowing the buyer is less keen with the name?

Many of us see ourselves as professionals who help/advise individuals and startups regarding online branding.

Sellers will naturally be upset over non-payers. No offense to OP, however such shame and blame might only continue to perpetuate the bad impression of domainers as opportunistic cyber squatters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back