Dynadot

Qotto.com -- Non-payer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm giving the non-payer of Qotto.com 24 hours notice before I splash his or her details on this thread and on my PayTheWoman.com.

I have also emailed this person.

I cut this person a huge break by dropping my price significantly when he or she queried.

The domain has been relisted at its original price.

So if you were the non-payer of Qotto.com, you are on notice.

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I disagree with you here. The fact that you pushed the name to auction clearly showed that you didn't want his bid but when you noticed that no one bidded aside him, you quickly reverted to the first bidder.

Would you have created this thread had your domain gotten bids from others?

JUST MOVE ON...

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree; the fact is, he was legally bound to pay.

That's the way Go Daddy and the other auction sites work. I'm surprised that you don't know this.

If someone makes an offer, Go Daddy gives you four options:

1. Accept the offer outright. Both parties are obligated to follow through.

2. Counteroffer. The buyer is no longer obligated to buy at his original offer, but if he counters, he is obligated for the new offer. But he can choose to not to counteroffer and simply reject the the counteroffer. The original offer then disappears.

3. Send to auction with the offer converted to the first bid. In that case, the bidder is obligated for that first bid, and the seller is obligated to sell at that price if no one else bids. (This is, in fact, what happened). I don't send a domain to auction unless I am willing to sell at that opening price.

4. Reject the offer. In that case, no one is obligated for anything.​

I happen to believe that actions and non-actions have consequences.

Everybody whines about non-payers, yet no one wants to name and shame.

What's up with that?

•••
To the ones here trying to cover someone who didn't follow throe with a commitment they made:

Almost everything Ms Domainer said in this thread is 100% valid and fair, If you agree to buy OR SELL a domain of any kind anywhere on any site, it is yours and only your job to follow throe with the deal.

I had to sell at huge loses before, and many other honest people i know did so aswell, sometimes auctions or other stuff does not go as planned, and if there is any possible way you can PAY or BUY or whatever you committed yourself to doing by listing a domain or making an offer on one, you should do it.
(Unless of course both agree on whatever else)

And if you dont, you are a dishonest crook, and you can Turn or Spin Or Throw that wherever or however you want, but its 100% fact

(Atleast in the world we live in currently)

Thanks @Ms Domainer for the post, i like reading about people im not dealing with if i notice them anywhere.

•••
The non payer in question is Asma Said.

His website: AsmaSaid [dot] com.

His contact details can be found on Domaintools whois or any other Whois.

He seems to think that making a commitment to follow through on his contracts is meaningless.

He apologizes, but it's just empty words.

Do business with this person at your financial peril.

Thanks for this. I for one, 100% support your right to take this action when a buyer reneges on a legal contract to buy the domain. As in this case. All the naysayers here are just that, a distraction from the truth. This person walking away from their personal and legal commitment to buy this domain, should be called out.

I don't have any legitimate method of recording these incidences for me to check against when selling a domain. But if it comes to my attention she has done this before (which she has now), and I find out she is making offers on my domains, I won't give her the time of day. As @Mrs Domainer is fond of saying. It's our choice to deal with a numpty non-payers or not. It's just more often than not, we don't have this information.

Good post. IMHO.

•••
Ms Domainer, why try to cram the domain down their throat? You said that they nicely told you that they had changed their mind. You said that you didn't accept their initial offer. This is the risk you run when you push to auction instead of taking the offer when it is given. I agree everyone should follow the rules, but you don't need to smear this all over. It happens. You just move on.

•••
I'm siding with the op on this one!

Its hard enough selling domains but having to deal with jerkoffs who are basically messing with ones product, time and the emotional ups and downs related to the bs that such amateur activity places upon ones person is inexcusable.

This supposed noob bidder is simply an a$#hol$ period IMO!!

Plus if a person says they changed their mind AFTER they placed the bid that should be no excuse for proceeding in the first place and I'd be posting this idiots name as well.

If this was a million dollar domain and such activity took place would outing the bidder be warranted then? Just saying...

Last edited:
•••
Ms Domainer, why try to cram the domain down their throat? You said that they nicely told you that they had changed their mind. You said that you didn't accept their initial offer. This is the risk you run when you push to auction instead of taking the offer when it is given. I agree everyone should follow the rules, but you don't need to smear this all over. It happens. You just move on.

Respectfully, I disagree.

If more sellers named and shamed, there would be a lot less of this B.S. -- that when you enter into a contract and don't fulfill it, you will be shamed.

I recall the outrage on the A.D. thread, about people being ripped off with bogus website services and such. Pages and pages of outrage.

How is this different?

•••
Well this is a domain name forum, OP is trying to point out a deadbeat buyer and some members, even VIP members makes it her fault, because she pushed the domain into the auction (by her right) instead of accepting the offer. I would do the same, most of us would do the same. I am pretty sure she will move on, but I appreciate she pointed out this common problem, we have got a lot of new members who like to know what is going behind the scene.

•••
I'm sure this thing happens a lot. It happened to me at 4.cn and other platforms., in both cases, pushing to auction and counter offer. I don't blame the supposed buyer here. There are people who don't want to spend time in auctions or negotiations, they just come make an offer, if you accept you have a deal if not you don't have any deal.
Pushing the domain to auction is a clear reason the first offer was lower than expected. Be positive, you got the opportunity to push the domain to auction for free and got an info that your domain won't sale for a higher price at that moment of time.
And it is not fair to make public names or private information.

The buyer was TOLD IN ADVANCE that the domain would be pushed to auction, and she was okay with that.

I believe I mentioned this earlier.

I respectfully disagree with this statement: "...is not fair to make public names or private information."

I say it's fair game when it comes to time wasters who don't fulfill their legal obligations.

•••
The guy made an offer through Go Daddy, and I pushed the domain to auction, and his offer became the first bid.

His was the only bid, which means he was the winner of the auction.

He was contractually obligated to pay for the domain.
I disagree with you here. The fact that you pushed the name to auction clearly showed that you didn't want his bid but when you noticed that no one bidded aside him, you quickly reverted to the first bidder.

Would you have created this thread had your domain gotten bids from others?

JUST MOVE ON...

•••
@Ms Domainer it happened to me at least 20 times in the last couple of years or so, this is quite the norm at GD - once in a while you get across an idiot who thinks is funny to make offers and never pay for names. The biggest I've had was $23k , I accepted and the donkey never paid.

I see you've been a NP member since 2008, you supposed to know these things...don't bother, move on and ... Happy New Year! :)

•••
The non payer in question is Asma Said.

His website: AsmaSaid [dot] com.

His contact details can be found on Domaintools whois or any other Whois.

He seems to think that making a commitment to follow through on his contracts is meaningless.

He apologizes, but it's just empty words.

Do business with this person at your financial peril.

•••
I am more and more appalled at the number of "pros" ( inverted commas mandatory in this case ) who seem to side with those who make this industry the sh*t hole many think it is.

If the domaining industry improves it improves for everyone why don't you people get it?
" Just get over it " but get over what? Get over wanting more honesty and professionalism around?
My list of "the people not to do business with" is growing by the day...The more I read on this forum, the more I see who the newcomers are the more it gets worrying.

•••
My experience (GD auctions): Someone came with an offer of $1500. I quoted $3000. She didn't reply. Without telling her, I pushed it to auction. She immediately came back with $2000 offer through GD person. I quoted $2500. She agreed and paid after I listed it as premium listing.

Pushing to auction is a common thing when the buyer stick to initial quote.

Good post @Mrs Domainer.

I used to feel bad in the initial days of my domaining life. Now, I am taking it easy as they became more common after I moved to DNS.

On a lighter note: If all offers I got in December were paid...it would be in six figures. We have to live with such idiots.

•••
Would you name and shame for $5 domain deal? I don't think so.
It's all about the money. This screams desperation.

You got scammed > Name and shame!
Failed deal > Move on!

Who will buy this domain now? It's on the first page on search engine pointing to this thread. A head start for a new startup company.

I don't do $5.00 deals.

:)

Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on, Move on,

This seems to be the Mantra of the week.

•••
To those who asked why Ms. Domainer posted this thread, I believe she made her point at the start:

So if you were the non-payer of Qotto.com, you are on notice.
Does this essentially mean she can't "move on" without doing something? After all, she can just post (which she did) while attending to other matters---just like any of us can.

Anywho, all of us can then "move on" from this thread afterwards. Unless any of us wants to say something here just because, maybe.

Happy New Year to y'all.

•••
To those who asked why Ms. Domainer posted this thread, I believe she made her point at the start:

Does this essentially mean she can't "move on" without doing something? After all, she can just post (which she did) while attending to other matters---just like any of us can.

Anywho, all of us can then "move on" from this thread afterwards. Unless any of us wants to say something here just because, maybe.

Happy New Year to y'all.

Thank you, Dan_Z.

Anyone is welcome to block this thread from one's own account. While you're at it, you can block me too.

I'm certainly cool with that.

But the truth is, if someone does not fulfill a legal contract, then he/she gets what he/she deserves.

It's called Karma.

And until this industry does what it takes to help eliminate bad players, then scammers and non-payers will continue to run rampant in this industry. This numpty a-hole cost me both time (a lot) and money (not much).

A ripoff artist does not deserve to enjoy a good name.

•••
If my interest in a domain name is so so and then a seller pulls a move like op did with the auction, I wouldnt be suprised if I totally lost interest and moved on, simple as that.

Op wouldnt have made this thread had she got more bids.

All the legal mumbo jumbo, im fine with that, just dont use it for convenience.

•••
Yes exactly!!! Get over it is the rally cry of the times for sure! Take it and like it is the credo it seems!! I'm so fed up with the lack of values, credibility, sense of right and wrong in all facets of life for sure! Well said photo!

•••
So much drama around your failed sale. Imagine we all open threads when our deal does not end the way we wanted it. You spend so much time bumping this thread, who knows, maybe you will find a buyer for your domain this way?

Go on, bump it one more time....

•••
Well, the thing is, if he don't pay GD blocks his account untill he covers a certain fee (penalty fee). This means that you are opening this thread for no reason, wasting your time. get over it

Well, you can let it go of your "sales gone bad" if you want, but I plan to out this ethically-challenged numpty so that others can avoid doing business with him.

I realize he's not going to pay me, but he is going to pay.

Have a nice day.

•••
•••
It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree; the fact is, he was legally bound to pay.

That's the way Go Daddy and the other auction sites work. I'm surprised that you don't know this.

If someone makes an offer, Go Daddy gives you four options:

1. Accept the offer outright. Both parties are obligated to follow through.

2. Counteroffer. The buyer is no longer obligated to buy at his original offer, but if he counters, he is obligated for the new offer. But he can choose to not to counteroffer and simply reject the the counteroffer. The original offer then disappears.

3. Send to auction with the offer converted to the first bid. In that case, the bidder is obligated for that first bid, and the seller is obligated to sell at that price if no one else bids. (This is, in fact, what happened). I don't send a domain to auction unless I am willing to sell at that opening price.

4. Reject the offer. In that case, no one is obligated for anything.​

I happen to believe that actions and non-actions have consequences.

Everybody whines about non-payers, yet no one wants to name and shame.

What's up with that?
Stories...

Did you also consider that their resolved to refuse going with the deal could have emanated from pushing it to auction?

You didn't want their offer initially so please quit the trying to force the domain down their throat. It's your fault and you should have known your domain is a brandable, a made up word and chances of getting sales is very slim.

Stop trying to blame them and blame yourself, that way you can help prevent such from happening in the future.

Also remember, Godaddy can't force that money out of their pocket even if their rules were written by 10 Commandment of the bible. Nothing changes.

Sorry, if I appear hash... I am a realist and don't massage sentiments.

•••
If my interest in a domain name is so so and then a seller pulls a move like op did with the auction, I wouldnt be suprised if I totally lost interest and moved on, simple as that.

Op wouldnt have made this thread had she got more bids.

All the legal mumbo jumbo, im fine with that, just dont use it for convenience.
The OP didn't pull a move, this is common practice on GoDaddy auctions and how things are done there. GoDaddy auctions is a little different than many other domain marketplaces. What the OP did happens extremely often there and this was not something unusual.

•••
It is actually a feature a seller has control of, just like at Sedo I believe.

From Godaddy

What is Push to Auction?
Push to Auction is a feature at GoDaddy Auctions® that lets you convert a domain name listing from Offer/Counter-Offer to a 7-Day Public Auction.

When you receive an offer for a domain name, you can either accept it, decline it, provide a counter offer, or push the listing to auction. If you decide to push your Offer/Counter Offer listing to auction, the buyer's offer becomes the opening bid in the 7-Day Public Auction. Because we convert the offer to a bid, you cannot cancel the listing or add a reserve price after you Push to Auction.

Once you Push to Auction, other GoDaddy Auctions members can bid on the listing. To make tracking easier, the listing ID does not change.

If there are multiple offers for a listing when you Push to Auction, the highest bid becomes the opening bid, and we cancel all pending offers. We add the domain name to the Watching List for each member who made an offer, notified them of the change, and provide a link to the auction.

But if op didnt intentionally push it to auction, i owe her an apology.

When Ms Said emailed me a query about the domain, I disclosed that I would be pushing the domain to auction with her bid, should she decide to bid at all.

This information was given to her BEFORE she bid.

So when she placed her bid, I pushed the domain to auction, which is perfectly legal and acceptable.

Her bid then became binding.

No one else bid; it happens and I was fine with that. The marketplace spoke. I was obligated to sell, and she was obligated to buy.

It was only after two and a half weeks of non-payment that I asked to have the domain removed from the "sold" column. Go Daddy agreed as she never made payment or responded to their payment reminders.

You know the rest of the story.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back