Dynadot

Qotto.com -- Non-payer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm giving the non-payer of Qotto.com 24 hours notice before I splash his or her details on this thread and on my PayTheWoman.com.

I have also emailed this person.

I cut this person a huge break by dropping my price significantly when he or she queried.

The domain has been relisted at its original price.

So if you were the non-payer of Qotto.com, you are on notice.

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a buyer, the "push to auction" bit has always left a bad taste in my mouth.
But their bid is still the same, so if no more bids in auction they get the domain for the price they originally bid. If someone else bids higher then their bid is cancelled and they can decide to bid again, or not.

When buying from Godaddy, Sedo, etc, bidders should know how it works before placing a bid, and this includes knowing that your "bid" can be used to push the domain to auction.

That said, I do agree that perhaps separate listings would be better, with "Make offer no auction" so people can just make an offer without it turning into something else.

None of this has much bearing on Ms Domainer's debate though, as she made it clear to the bidder what was going to happen and they accepted that. So the bidder simply welched on an agreement/understanding. It doesn't sound like a "mistake" to me given the scenario and discussions which took place. Mistakes are clicking "Bid" on the wrong name or something, not bidding, then discussing, and also agreeing to something.

•••
But their bid is still the same, so if no more bids in auction they get the domain for the price they originally bid. If someone else bids higher then their bid is cancelled and they can decide to bid again, or not.
It is not the same. In fact it is very different situation.

•••
•••
Good thing you agree by disagreeing yourself.

•••
Good thing you agree by disagreeing yourself.

That's right because everything in life is black and white with only one possible meaning or another :xf.rolleyes:

•••

When buying from Godaddy, Sedo, etc, bidders should know how it works before placing a bid, and this includes knowing that your "bid" can be used to push the domain to auction.

That said, I do agree that perhaps separate listings would be better, with "Make offer no auction" so people can just make an offer without it turning into something else.

None of this has much bearing on Ms Domainer's debate though, as she made it clear to the bidder what was going to happen and they accepted that. So the bidder simply welched on an agreement/understanding. It doesn't sound like a "mistake" to me given the scenario and discussions which took place. Mistakes are clicking "Bid" on the wrong name or something, not bidding, then discussing, and also agreeing to something.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

I haven't bought public auction domains at Go Daddy in a very long time, so I'm not certain what happens on the buyer's end.

But from the seller's end, Go Daddy offers many warnings and many explanations and click-throughs before a sale is confirmed. I would assume that the potential buyer would be treated similarly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back