NameSilo

Qotto.com -- Non-payer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm giving the non-payer of Qotto.com 24 hours notice before I splash his or her details on this thread and on my PayTheWoman.com.

I have also emailed this person.

I cut this person a huge break by dropping my price significantly when he or she queried.

The domain has been relisted at its original price.

So if you were the non-payer of Qotto.com, you are on notice.

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't make this stuff up.

I just received this email from the numpty non-payer:

I don't get why are you angry ?

we changed our mind we didn't want qotto.com any more so I though since the action time passed nothing would change !

I'm sorry I'm new to this domain business,what wrong have I done and how can i fixed it ?

Perhaps the community can educate him.

•••
•••
•••
I'm not sure I'm supposed to give out sales links and prices here, but it's at Go Daddy.

PM me for specifics.

•••
So he is a member here ?

•••
So he is a member here ?

I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me.

If so, I think he could be a noob or someone just acting like a bad noob.

Somehow, the "I-didn't-know-it-was-wrong" card just doesn't quite work.

•••
It was listed on GD, he/she wanted to buy it but he/she didnt? Whats seems to be a problem? Did I miss something?

•••
It was listed on GD, he/she wanted to buy it but he/she didnt? Whats seems to be a problem? Did I miss something?

The guy made an offer through Go Daddy, and I pushed the domain to auction, and his offer became the first bid.

His was the only bid, which means he was the winner of the auction.

He was contractually obligated to pay for the domain.

•••
The guy made an offer, and I pushed the domain to auction, and his offer became the first bid.
Was that offer/counter offer or auction?

•••
It originated as an offer/counteroffer.

He made a bid through Go Daddy's platform for the minimum price.

Instead of accepting outright, I sent the domain to a 7-day auction (he knew I would be doing this because I told him that his offer would send the domain to auction, so it was no surprise to him).

His offer then became the first bid for a 7-day auction.

His was the only bid, so he was obligated to purchase the domain, and I was obligated to sell it to him.

•••
Well, the thing is, if he don't pay GD blocks his account untill he covers a certain fee (penalty fee). This means that you are opening this thread for no reason, wasting your time. get over it

•••
To clarify:

After two weeks, Go Daddy has since released the domain from my "sold" column, and I have relisted it.

I am no longer obligated to sell it to bad buyer, who, I presume, has been black listed at Go Daddy.

•••
To clarify:

After two weeks, Go Daddy has since released the domain from my "sold" column, and I have relisted it.

I am no longer obligated to sell it to bad buyer, who, I presume, has been black listed at Go Daddy.
Again, why you started this thread?

•••
Well, the thing is, if he don't pay GD blocks his account untill he covers a certain fee (penalty fee). This means that you are opening this thread for no reason, wasting your time. get over it

Well, you can let it go of your "sales gone bad" if you want, but I plan to out this ethically-challenged numpty so that others can avoid doing business with him.

I realize he's not going to pay me, but he is going to pay.

Have a nice day.

•••
•••
Why the hell are you trolling?
Trolling? Trolling would be if I tell you that sites from your sig look like they were designed back in 1996.

The thing is, you got an auction that didnt ended as you wanted...That happened 2 weeks ago, and now you are opening a thread ...what for?

•••
Trolling? Trolling would be if I tell you that sites from your sig look like they were designed back in 1996.

The thing is, you got an auction that didnt ended as you wanted...That happened 2 weeks ago, and now you are opening a thread ...what for?

I think you should delicately bow out of this thread.

:)

•••
The guy made an offer through Go Daddy, and I pushed the domain to auction, and his offer became the first bid.

His was the only bid, which means he was the winner of the auction.

He was contractually obligated to pay for the domain.
I disagree with you here. The fact that you pushed the name to auction clearly showed that you didn't want his bid but when you noticed that no one bidded aside him, you quickly reverted to the first bidder.

Would you have created this thread had your domain gotten bids from others?

JUST MOVE ON...

•••
I disagree with you here. The fact that you pushed the name to auction clearly showed that you didn't want his bid but when you noticed that no one bidded aside him, you quickly reverted to the first bidder.

Would you have created this thread had your domain gotten bids from others?

JUST MOVE ON...

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree; the fact is, he was legally bound to pay.

That's the way Go Daddy and the other auction sites work. I'm surprised that you don't know this.

If someone makes an offer, Go Daddy gives you four options:

1. Accept the offer outright. Both parties are obligated to follow through.

2. Counteroffer. The buyer is no longer obligated to buy at his original offer, but if he counters, he is obligated for the new offer. But he can choose to not to counteroffer and simply reject the the counteroffer. The original offer then disappears.

3. Send to auction with the offer converted to the first bid. In that case, the bidder is obligated for that first bid, and the seller is obligated to sell at that price if no one else bids. (This is, in fact, what happened). I don't send a domain to auction unless I am willing to sell at that opening price.

4. Reject the offer. In that case, no one is obligated for anything.​

I happen to believe that actions and non-actions have consequences.

Everybody whines about non-payers, yet no one wants to name and shame.

What's up with that?

•••
Ms Domainer, why try to cram the domain down their throat? You said that they nicely told you that they had changed their mind. You said that you didn't accept their initial offer. This is the risk you run when you push to auction instead of taking the offer when it is given. I agree everyone should follow the rules, but you don't need to smear this all over. It happens. You just move on.

•••
@Ms Domainer it happened to me at least 20 times in the last couple of years or so, this is quite the norm at GD - once in a while you get across an idiot who thinks is funny to make offers and never pay for names. The biggest I've had was $23k , I accepted and the donkey never paid.

I see you've been a NP member since 2008, you supposed to know these things...don't bother, move on and ... Happy New Year! :)

•••
Ms Domainer, why try to cram the domain down their throat? You said that they nicely told you that they had changed their mind. You said that you didn't accept their initial offer. This is the risk you run when you push to auction instead of taking the offer when it is given. I agree everyone should follow the rules, but you don't need to smear this all over. It happens. You just move on.

Respectfully, I disagree.

If more sellers named and shamed, there would be a lot less of this B.S. -- that when you enter into a contract and don't fulfill it, you will be shamed.

I recall the outrage on the A.D. thread, about people being ripped off with bogus website services and such. Pages and pages of outrage.

How is this different?

•••
Don't get me wrong; I realize that I'm out the money, but the jerk is also going to lose his reputation.

Just the way it should be.

•••
EXACTLY my point.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back