IT.COM

question Proof Of The Biggest Hand Reg Spree In History?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Billy Wagner

Nameplicity.comTop Member
Impact
So I'm not sure if I'm the only person who recognized the TONS of domains that dropped today that begin with the letters "fz". Someone apparently thought they were on to something hot by registering all of these domains. I don't have an exact number, but it's upwards of 600.

Did anyone else notice all of the expired domains starting with "fz" today?

EDIT
There's also a ton of domains starting with "hk" that dropped today as well.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't check or see but maybe they were chips with no value left?

•••
FZ= Fuzhou

Maybe some regulations preventing using them?

At least keep All double versions.

•••
Im not sure. Just thought it was crazy someone went on a spree and hand registered that many domains. Or at least thats what Im assuming happened.

•••
Im not sure. Just thought it was crazy someone went on a spree and hand registered that many domains. Or at least thats what Im assuming happened.

Whats the registrar? Possibly was purchased on a promo?

It's not uncommon for those to mine niches by the hundreds. $600 x $2 = $1,200 registartion vs $600 x $10 = $6,000 renewals. This time last year there was big speculation into CHIPS, and 5Ls.

•••
There will be a lot more like this.

In 2012 Mike Mann bought 14,000+ domains in just 1 day.

•••
Did anyone else notice all of the expired domains starting with "fz" today?

EDIT
There's also a ton of domains starting with "hk" that dropped today as well.

These are the speculative chips that now have absolutely zero value.

Some investors bought thousands of 5L random letter domains in the hopes they would explode in value.

Many patterns domains have been dropping, and will continue to drop in bulk.

•••
Hurry - this one is still available fzmykraovjcgtwpuqblsednxih/com

Using expired domains, I did not limit search to 5L, and this was past 7 days, since buyouts usually start smaller then increase
https://member.expireddomains.net/d...ast168=1&flimit=200&fdomainstart=fz&fwhois=22
List: Deleted .com Domains (About 1,832 Domains)

Last 24 hours only, 5L, no numbers or hyphens
https://member.expireddomains.net/d...imit=200&fmaxhost=5&fdomainstart=fz&fwhois=22
List: Deleted .com Domains (About 1,374 Domains)

@Grilled - I used to watch the drop daily and would plug the list into bulk seo to get losing registrar before the drop, but now that it's over, the history is cleared unless you have whois history, which I think is all paid info now.

Just for fun, I looked for this pattern for upcoming days, here's the Bulk SEO results - mostly HICHINA ZHICHENG registrar
http://www.bulkseotools.com/bulk-domain-drop-date-checker.php

SS-FZ-5L-dropping-12-16-2016.png

•••
More evidence of a newbie investor starting off regging bad domains and then dropping.

I see this all the time.

You can even spot this at the auctions when you see a bad domain up for auction in several tlds.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back