IT.COM

Ionos dropped the charge to my account?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I bought a couple of domains from them 5 days ago already. And mysteriously, their charges are dropped from my bank card that I used to buy it. Are they randomly going to hit me with the charges of the two domains? I'm guessing I have to leave that amount of money in my account so they don't randomly charge me some day and put my account into the negative?

Anyone else have Ionos randomly charge you for your domains? I'm probably never using Ionos again...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do a search in the forum for '1and1' (same company) chances are that you'll get your answers.

Note that, in the past at least, they had a strange charging system that was activated at the end of the month and not immediately.
So, any charges (which were not that obvious when registering a domain) would hit the account at the end of the month, and that might have included charges that the user might not be aware of, ie. no chance to cancel anything by then.

•••
its wild west with biling at ionos baby... wild west... they bill u whenevrt they want and sadly whatwvr they want too... overcharges happened to me dozen times in my 8yr there.. now the scoop u want about ionos is... they used to have best .co transfer deal in town.. 7usd... for years... countless souls went there just for it.. but it ended...forever .. few months back..now its exodus of countless souls.. there is nothing left there... except best deal in town for .info transfer... but we shouldn't really be into info much...

there u is all upto date now... if u can stay away from ionos the better for it u are... best place is sav..speed...friendly best ui... best avg prices. let noone tell u sav is not best.. for they is clueless.

•••
Are you kidding me? They are gonna charge me more than what the deal was? I paid for a $0.99 dot com and a $4.99 dot net on another account to take advantage of their deals (one per account).

So they are going to charge me more than $6 at the end of the month?!

•••
@Krane65 ,
as I mentioned, my experience is from years ago. I remember that I got charged for things I didn't realise they were there so I immediately cancelled my domains and transferred them away.

However, it's best you have a look around in the forum. There are people that use them regularly and know all the pitfalls.
From what I understand, if you know your way around the weird system they use, you can save money.

•••
Do a search in the forum for '1and1' (same company) chances are that you'll get your answers.

Note that, in the past at least, they had a strange charging system that was activated at the end of the month and not immediately.
So, any charges (which were not that obvious when registering a domain) would hit the account at the end of the month, and that might have included charges that the user might not be aware of, ie. no chance to cancel anything by then.
You are spot on. 1and1 was the worst nightmare ever for me. They offered cheap reg prices but didn't bill my credit card until a month later. I remember getting a $5,000.00 charge on my credit card one month. When I asked for a breakdown of the charges, it would have taken an accounting firm to figure out what they sent me. Then the real fun started. I noticed that they had charged me full price for many names that were supposed to be discounted and when I tried to dispute that with them, they locked my account. Then they renewed domains I did not want renewed and locked my account because of that. They promised me they would renew the domains I wanted to keep, but instead deleted all those domains immediately the day they expired! I lost a fortune by trying to save a little!

•••
anyway the 7usd best deal .co price is over now... never back... they will lose most domainers like flies

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back