NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
@Bob Hawkes

Bob is truly amazing guy, kind, nice, and wise OP, and I hope also my domain friend. What is most important is that he is very balanced in his opinions, he understands well what logical argument is, and he can count well (meaning: he can form his opinions using math). Most of all, he is incredibly helpful to everyone!!!

What happened in a .live thread I started, how some OPs treated him was difficult, almost painful for me to read. As I was away, he tried to defend the logic of renewing domain names in advance which I proposed, (oh man, and those were new gTLDs, big mistake!) so he got the "love" which otherwise would in big part come to me, would I actively participate in the thread as well. I certainly must deserve all that (am I correct, @equity78 ?), as I am NOT disclosing my personal financial data for whole world to see. On internet. To everyone out there. OK, I get that. Although there is not such rule on Namepros that you need to disclose your personal financial data when celebrating new gTLDs (can we even celebrate them, or is that not a sign of professional domainer - maybe only semi professional, or are we all false prophets, if we celebrate?), some people simply think they can then openly call me scammer, snake oil seller, and dozens of other names I got so far. I do not sell my names in Namepros but stil, there has to be something fishy. Omg, and I sell those new gTLD names appraisals openly on my website...how can I dare! The full rage is on! The rage is there, but I am not there, so then someone who (partially) agreed with something I wrote about renewals of new gTLDs will get the "love" instead. How nice from you guys. All long time members, anonymous avatars, cranky, frequently combative, frequently in a bad mood...

Well, no one will object that when discussing new gTLDs, no matter what topic (how to register them, which to drop, if to renew them, how to appraise them, etc), it always gets personal, and it gets personal quickly. It is ok. In 2019 it is much better then in 2016, so no complains. Plus I know very well I am not well balanced towards all extensions, I love new gTLDs, and I am not big fan of .com. This will irritate many. But to act in such bad manner to Bob who is always so factual and neutral to ALL extensions, while providing TONS of useful information and help to everyone, is straightfoward shameful.

You guys who behaved poorly, go to give some appraisals to new members, do at least something useful and meaningful, and apologize to Bob via PM at least, this is the minimum you should do!!!

Yeah sorry but your straw man argument is not going to work. No one said for anyone to disclose their financials, and no one was just talking about you.

Yes if one is starting threads, that imply "Man I am kicking butt with ***extension, it's unbelievable" Or I am regging a ton of names in an extension or niche but can't provide any other details. There is a lot of room for disinformation, unfounded hype. While one might not be looking to sell their names to those reading, those people especially newbies might start regging a bunch of names based on false or misleading information.

They then might pay someone for an appraisal, so while the person did not make a direct sale they might make money indirectly.

Does anyone have to list every sale? Heck no, but someone should have a couple sales they can point to that helps to validate their position.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're not starting the type of threads lolwarrior does. Trying to make it appear all is going well, when it's not, again pumping. The renewal thread he started gave that away. The main point you want to get across is usually in the title, first sentence/paragraph.

"latest large new gTLD domain sale"

Making it seem he's getting these all the time, and this is just the latest. He was also reading the thread the whole time when he was on "vacation" getting posts deleted left and right.

I actually got an infraction for this very post, and then had yet another post deleted.

"Your post contains inappropriate content."

Where is the inappropriate content @Paul Buonopane

Last edited:
•••
Then you have people trying to run game. One just messaged me with:

"lol, it's pretty funny watching you cry like a little bitch ass.."
The member has been issued a warning, but what does that incident have to do with this thread?

What relevance does it have in this thread?

•••
The member has been issued a warning, but what does that incident have to do with this thread?

What relevance does it have in this thread?

Delete it.

What is inappropriate about this:

You're not starting the type of threads lolwarrior does. Trying to make it appear all is going well, when it's not, again pumping. The renewal thread he started gave that away. The main point you want to get across is usually in the title, first sentence/paragraph.

"latest large new gTLD domain sale"

Making it seem he's getting these all the time, and this is just the latest. He was also reading the thread the whole time when he was on "vacation" getting posts deleted left and right.

I get infracted for that post? Infracting people trying to keep the bs off the forum, not the people producing it. Post gets 1 Thank, 3 Likes, then an infraction. How does that make sense?

Last edited:
•••
I agree. If you're going to start a thread hyping or bragging then you look silly if you can't back it up with actual facts or sales.

•••
What is inappropriate about this:
I get infracted for that?
All warnings include a message like:
  • "If you have any questions about the rules, please reply to this message, and we'll be happy to help."
If you prefer to ask publicly, then feel free to start a new thread on it here.

But again, what is the relevance of it to the topic of this thread?

•••
All warnings include the message:
  • "If you have any questions about the rules, please reply to this message, and we'll be happy to help."
If you prefer to ask publicly, then feel free to start a new thread on it here.

But again, what is the relevance of it to the topic of this thread?

Why not answer it here? It's good for people to know, so they don't do it themselves. Just tell me what was wrong with the post.

•••
I get infracted for that? Infracting people trying to keep the bs off the forum, not the people producing it. Post gets 1 Thank, 3 Likes, then an infraction.

If you believe someone is behaving inappropriately, please report them rather than engaging. We don’t allow personal attacks.

•••
https://www.namepros.com/threads/infractions.1137965/

That's not a personal attack, be real. You're making the same mistakes you did before, mentioned it here:

You can visit the hosting section, I reported scammers before, never handled.

Couple of other instances, one with a fake profile, some other one somebody actually lost money. In both cases members were pointing it out, their posts get deleted because I guess they didn't point it out nicely enough.

You have members that have scammed other members and get Market Restricted but can still post, message people etc. Those types should be given a complete boot off the forum.

Then you have people trying to run game. One just messaged me with:

"lol, it's pretty funny watching you cry like a little bitch ass.."

He's one of the guys that likes to come into threads and massage things over. Then gets things deleted.

Going after the people trying to keep this forum clean.

Then you deleted my other post in the Bob thread, but kept the post where somebody replied, but only quoting part of it so it's out of context. Leaving other posts up saying the same thing. I reported it, it hasn't been handled. I guess that's one way of showing me.

Last edited:
•••
Going after the people trying to keep this forum clean.
We enforce the rules the same across the board. A rule violation is a rule violation. Everyone must follow the same rules.

There are many ways to help keep the forum clean without violating the rules.

I reported it, it hasn't been handled.
It was removed, but it takes time for reports to be handled. Please be patient.

Why not answer it here?
There are rules to stay on topic in threads, and they exist for good reasons; if you'd like to discuss them, then we can do so in a relevant thread.

You're thread crashing, and you're doing it in several threads knowingly, intentionally, and with a clear disregard for the rules even after we've explained them to you.

That's especially disappointing from a member like you.

•••
If you are going to make claims of success then you need to be able to back that up, you cannot say you are a private person, a private person does not post anything about themselves to try to gain some sunlight on their accomplishments. You either want the attention or you don't.

I agree
once you put yourself on "front street", promoting self,
then self has to be accountable, for what self say.
you can't just throw words out and not expect them to be analyzed.

the newbies here, they are the primeblood of NamePros, the future generation of domainers,
and if we allow countless posts from anyone, no matter how lengthily and politely presented, to pass without criticism, then we are doing a disservice to the newest and really, most important members of NamePros.

I agree,
when there are questionable statements made, that should be questioned, then the question should be raised.
if the poster can't answer the questions, then they shouldn't be making such statements.

If I post how best to sell Ferraris, and it turns out I've never sold a Ferrari in my life, I'd expect someone to call me out. If my ideas stink, then I'd be expected to argue that they don't, but it doesn't mean that I'd have a right to cry about being picked on. Just because I present my ideas in a long drawn out manner doesn't mean that they are right.

i agree

sometimes a lot of words are used to hide one's ignorance or lack of knowledge and experience.
or lot of words are used to make it look like they are knowledgeable and have plenty of experience.
but in reality
they are just talking loud, but really ain't saying nothing

the volume of words impresses the impressionable, but the substance of the content is ambiquious, vague, generalized and or unsubstantiated.

still, I had no idea of the drama that must have went down, for such a thread to exist
but after reading thru it, i'm guessing it's about hurt feelings

if that's the case then
if somebody says some :poop: to me that I don't like or that I disagree with,
am I gonna retire or quit posting on NP because of that?

if so, then I would have been gone years ago

imo….

•••
. To everyone out there. OK, I get that. Although there is not such rule on Namepros that you need to disclose your personal financial data when celebrating new gTLDs (can we even celebrate them, or is that not a sign of professional domainer - maybe only semi professional, or are we all false prophets, if we celebrate?)
Celebrate it in your home if you are unable to disclose details in public. Don't hold off details and still want everyone to celebrate vanity success with you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back