status-duplicate Requests, Offers, Inquiries

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I am new to domaining and NamePros. I am now a new spring chicken, though I wish . . . sorry I digress!

Does it annoy or bother anyone else when someone puts a request out there and asks for PMs and then fails to respond to you? No thank you would suffice. I could type no thank you and then copy it if I had that man requests that I did not like. Lol, command v every time! It just seems to me as a business practice and human decency that some response be given to acknowledge the person who took time to respond to your request,offer,inquiry!

There are many people here that do respond back, and I always appreciate it. And no Im not talking about obvious trolls or spammers. It isn't personal, its business! There is a level of decorum for business, no?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they don't reply it most likely means they're not interested. Doesn't bother me if people don't reply.

When I used to make broader requests, for example one word .com, $xxxx-xxxxx budget, I would get flooded with hundreds of PM's. There just wasn't enough time to respond to all of them.

Last edited:
•••
Been noticing lately that some thread starter are adding a "will only respond to the ones that I am interested in" kinda of line in their original posting.

Which in my opinion, is a helpful addition.

•••
This may be difficult to believe given the opinion of my domains . . .

When some one say I am looking for I don't know say, 7L and the second letter must be an "E" and the third letter must be "S" and the last letter must be a "T" and I submit RESPECT (you know I had to check my spelling like 7 times just so I wouldn't be embarrassed :) ) well that kind of thing is happening. Does that mean we are dealing with trolls, spammers, or scammers?

•••
Does that mean we are dealing with trolls, spammers, or scammers?
Maybe a very small percentage BUT also can be a poster looking for a super deal on a good name, so if you offered me Respect (even typo maybe) for $10,000..I might say no
But if you were to offer me, same domain for $10.00....I would take it!

•••
if, you anticipate a reply...

then a reaction to that anticipation will occur

imo...

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back