NameSilo

Problem with HugeDomains.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

I Heart Noise

Established Member
Impact
Registered on this forum to confirm - Huge Domains are scumbags. I'm surprised no one sued them out of existence

They currently hold my old domain for 1,800 and when I asked them about negotiation they told me "Buy it now and we'll give you a 100$ discount"

Um, thanks?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I lose names every day to HD. That doesn’t mean they ripped me off. You feel ripped off but you aren’t. If there is any blame it lies with you.

Yeah, thank you for all your useful feedback - you gave me nothing but a great advice so far

What would you like me to do for you in return? Shine your shoes?

Perhaps I could give you all my money too while we're at it? You love people who profit off of others, I know

Last edited:
•••
Good advice sometimes doesn’t look like it.

•••
Dont really see anything wrong with it. Just kinda lame cause they have auch huge buying power but, thats the way the cookie crumbles. I was bidding hard on auctions lastnight, and I found 2 LLN domains, I had them IN MY CART on GoDaddy, and when I went to pay, it just refreshed and they were gone :( now they are wiped from where I saw them listed. Some motherf*cker beat me to em!!!!!! Lol

I assume you were already logged in on GD? I’ve had that happen if I wasn’t already logged in. When it goes to cart I hit quickly.

•••
I assume you were already logged in on GD? I’ve had that happen if I wasn’t already logged in. When it goes to cart I hit quickly.
Yes I was, I saw it in my cart with the added “one time expired domain fee” (which is I learned is one time PER DOMAIN not One time EVER... dang it) and when I clicked purchase, it acted as if the oage refreshed and they were gone lol I feel like I missed out pretty hard... was very excited to find those available

•••
Just send out a mass email or banner on your website about a recent domain switch.

I would of went with something more brandable or invested in a 4 llll.com

•••
Just send out a mass email or banner on your website about a recent domain switch.

I would of went with something more brandable or invested in a 4 llll.com

That's a good advice, thank you

•••
New domain is ihrtn.net - I think it looks nice :)

Didn't wanted to mention since I thought it would be considered spam

Been working on getting back those rankings too...

I would never build a business on a .net these days. .com or nothing. Plenty of good cheap .coms still available.

•••
I would never build a business on a .net these days. .com or nothing. Plenty of good cheap .coms still available.

Maybe so - just don't see a point of buying .com right now given I already have one good .com domain being stuck in limbo

Last edited:
•••
Yes I was, I saw it in my cart with the added “one time expired domain fee” (which is I learned is one time PER DOMAIN not One time EVER... dang it) and when I clicked purchase, it acted as if the oage refreshed and they were gone lol I feel like I missed out pretty hard... was very excited to find those available

I had that happen to me once when I was logged in. Called GD support and they checked all records. Said another bidder hit the buy button a mili second before I did.

•••
Maybe so - just don't see a point of buying .com right now given I already have one good .com domain hanging in limbo

Just saying. If you built a good business on a .net, many of the customers would auto use the .com and bleed your traffic. Seriously, that domain wasn’t that great.

•••
Just saying. If you built a good business on a .net, many of the customers would auto use the .com and bleed your traffic. Seriously, that domain wasn’t that great.

Totally agree - the thing is its still got plenty of links pointing to it. The least I can do is to ask people who still have old link listed to link back to .net domain

Last edited:
•••
Totally agree - the thing is its still got plenty of links pointing to it. The least I can do is to ask people who still have old link listed to link back to .net domain right now

Got ya.

•••

Apologies if I mentioned this already, but I email HD to try and negotiate the price - there was an article that said that someone was able to lower it down to 500 (minimum amount they asked at the time)

I got back an answer from them and they said that a discount is 100$ (which would lead to a total of 1,700) - I wrote back and said that it makes no sense to pay this much

Last edited:
•••
Apologies if I mentioned this already, but I email HD to try and negotiate the price - there was an article that said that someone was able to lower it down to 500 (minimum amount they ask)

I got back an answer from them and they said that a discount is 100$ (which would lead to a total of 1,700) - I wrote back and said that it makes no sense to pay this much

I guess keep trying and it’s just a matter of how much it is worth to you. I’d hate to lose a couple of mine like that and that’s why I have them on auto renew. GL

•••
I guess keep trying and it’s just a matter of how much it is worth to you. I’d hate to lose a couple of mine like that and that’s why I have them on auto renew. GL

Yep, should've used auto-renew as well, but this train is gone now - just have to keep it in mind for the future

•••
i would have gone with another bransable .com name over the .net - something more memorable than an acronym. just my 2 cents

•••
i would have gone with another bransable .com name over the .net - something more memorable than an acronym. just my 2 cents

Aren't brandable domains hard to get, though? I'd imagine that anything valuable was taken a long time ago

Otherwise I would've gotten ihn.com

Last edited:
•••
yup, but a little bit of money goes a long way

•••
yup, but a little bit of money goes a long way

Tried to make an offer on ihn.com just now and it said "minimum of 5,000". Ouch.

My guess is that it probably costs close to 10k.

•••
Tried to make an offer on ihn.com just now and it said "minimum of 5,000". Ouch.

My guess is that it probably costs close to 10k.

3 letter .com, trust me 5k is not even close

•••
@I Heart Noise - HD have not ripped you off, as I believe you said earlier in this thread. They caught a domain you dropped. That is world's apart from ripping you off. It's their domain now. They can do whatever they want with it. Including selling it at the price they want. I think you made a mistake to go with the same .net That will be one factor in deciding whether they drop the domain in the future. If they see the developed .net, they might hang onto it for longer. Both ihartn and iheartn were available for registration in .com. I think they would have been better choices. Just IMHO.

Maybe only tangentially related to this thread
But did anyone see recently that somebody sued HD recently for TM infringement. And HD won the case. They must have some smart lawyers over there. (Which they'll need with all the TM'd domains they own). I read that somewhere recently, but didn't take a note of the domain. I'd appreciate, if anybody remembers the domain name. I'd like to look that case up. Maybe get some ideas in case I ever get sued for TM infringement, on one of my domains.

Last edited:
•••
@I Heart Noise - HD have not ripped you off, as I believe you said earlier in this thread. They caught a domain you dropped. That is world's apart from ripping you off. It's their domain now. They can do whatever they want with it. Including selling it at the price they want. I think you made a mistake to go with the same .net That will be one factor in deciding whether they drop the domain in the future. If they see the developed .net, they might hang onto it for longer. Both ihartn and iheartn were available for registration in .com. I think they would have been better choices. Just IMHO"]

And why do I need ihartn or iheartn if I got ihrtn.net? I'm not sure if I follow your logic

Buying something like ihn.com will definitely give me a boost since its a brandable domain, but it will also cost a fortune. The two domains you named are not brandable and they don't have any value to them, so the point of buying them would be...what exactly?

The story I heard about HD is that they are very unlikely to drop domains they got at any rate - if they'll do it will most likely end up at another domain reseller, so I'm not planning to get my hopes up on getting old domain back anytime soon

iheartnoise.com is taken, so that's out of the question, though it would've been nice if I had it

Last edited:
•••
I still think its a rip-off/shitty business when someone tells you "If you'll order now we'll sell it to you for just 1,700" when they know there's no way in hell you can afford that as a small guy

Everyone is free to think otherwise, but to me that is just pure greed. I don't like people that put profits above everything else - never did and never will, no matter how many times people will repeat that its just business

Last edited:
•••
What I noticed about HD too is that they don't have FB presence and their Twitter account is protected - I wonder why that is? Hardly sounds like a reliable business to me

Last edited:
•••

Why?

Themeforest.net
Codecanyon.net
Slideshare.net
Comcast.net
Behance.net

Works for some types of site, tech / internet related.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back