IT.COM

Help! 4.cn Is Holding on to my $9,200

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
On the 29th of January 2018, I got an email from 4.CN offering me certain amount of money on behalf of their client/buyer. So we started the negotiation and finally agreed on $10,000. The buyer paid promptly, 4.cn notified and instructed me to transfer the domain.

After I authorized the domain transfer on the 10th February, they emailed and informed me they are going on holiday for the Chinese new year, and that they won't be able to treat the payment until 23 February. My account manager assured me payment will be effected as soon as they are back. So, I waited patiently for the whole 13 days.

As soon as they came back, the next thing, they started asking how I got the domain name - if I registered or purchased it? I told them I purchased it at Sedo auction and provided them with transaction screenshots and Sedo payment request. Satisfied, they released the fund into my 4.CN account, ready for withdrawal.

On 26th February, I requested for withdrawal into my bank account. Two days later, my account manager called me to confirm my bank account details, then promised to send the money immediately.

Today is making it 8 days and nothing has happened. I have emailed their main support twice but got no response. I called the account manager this morning. After a while, she told me they are going through more security, that they want to contact the previous owner. Like seriously? For a domain i purchased through Sedo since last year?

Has anyone experienced this kind of treatment from 4.CN? What do you think I should do?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fuck ....what is going on with these big companies these days ..they do such things because we don't want to get in court room...
Someone should sue these companies that result huge penalty ..hoping that

•••
Thanks for the heads up @dande!
I'm truly sorry to hear that you are facing this kind of issue with
such a well known and big company in the industry.
I'm quite pissed to hear they are acting like this man!

I simply don't understand what's their end-game, ok I get the
security part, but they are quite abusive right now

I guess the only fast way to deal with this is still to call them and
ask to speak with a superior.

I really hope that this situation will be cleared out for you faster.

•••
Thank you @Cristi Marin for the genuine concern. I'll call tomorrow and try and speak with a superior.

Thank you

•••
It's getting to the stage when we shouldn't release names until the money is in our account, and that is regardless of the intermediaries or agents that guarantee payments.

•••
I just got a mail they will be sending it tomorrow. Hopefully they will keep to it this time. If they fail this time...

•••
Update: They have finally send the fund, just arrived my bank account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back