Domain Empire

Problem with HugeDomains.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

I Heart Noise

Established Member
Impact
Registered on this forum to confirm - Huge Domains are scumbags. I'm surprised no one sued them out of existence

They currently hold my old domain for 1,800 and when I asked them about negotiation they told me "Buy it now and we'll give you a 100$ discount"

Um, thanks?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe you should have renewed it?

•••
Registered on this forum to confirm - Huge Domains are scumbags. I'm surprised no one sued them out of existence

They currently hold my old domain for 1,800 and when I asked them about negotiation they told me "Buy it now and we'll give you a 100$ discount"

Um, thanks?

First - Welcome aboard

Second - You came to a domaining forum to call a domaining company a scumbag?

They are doing on a large scale what we are doing on a small scale.

Yes I don't like them either but as an end user you are the one in control of your domain. Had I picked it up on a drop I would probably have asked you for $2,500. If you need the domain the price is the going rate they charge for a domain.

Remember the more often you visit that domain the higher the price goes. They measure traffic and if you post the domain name on this forum and we increase traffic to it then the price goes up.

Good luck to you

•••
Third - the name is available to purchase. That may just as well not have been the case. A real blessing in disguise if you need the name, if you ask me.

•••
A real blessing in disguise?

How so? I can't afford to pay 2k for it

Neither will they budge on negotiation and its probably going to sit there forever

Last edited:
•••
I didn't mean to offend your forum, personally, but from what I've been told there's a company doing the same thing as Huge Domains out there and it provides huge discounts to smaller companies

HD doesn't do that - so how I was wrong to call them out on it?

Last edited:
•••
Tell me - have you seen articles discussing HD?

Almost all of them are negative - and I'm not painting every domain company with the same brush, its just HD being greedy, that's all

Last edited:
•••
Dont really see anything wrong with it. Just kinda lame cause they have auch huge buying power but, thats the way the cookie crumbles. I was bidding hard on auctions lastnight, and I found 2 LLN domains, I had them IN MY CART on GoDaddy, and when I went to pay, it just refreshed and they were gone :( now they are wiped from where I saw them listed. Some motherf*cker beat me to em!!!!!! Lol

•••
At least you admit its lame :)

Exactly what I've been trying to say here - no offense/harm to other domain companies meant

•••
Time to rebrand/get back some of those rankings, then

That's the only thing I can do given that HD prob won't drop the domain name anytime soon

•••
That 50%+ figure was simply tossed out there in the first post of this thread without any real statistical proof.

Anyway that was a year ago.

I had a domain that I hand registered for a site we started in 1999. It was like 1stDibs but too far ahead of its time to make it. We’d go to art antique and rug dealers to try to get them to post on our site - a couple of young pups with a vision - and they’d say things like “I can’t ever see anyone buying antiques online” :xf.cool: so we managed to get only a few dealers to populate the sql database I created. Our search engine was much better than the one 1stDibs has now.

Anyway BuyDomains acquired the domain at some point after I let it go and occasionally I make offers to buy it back but we are too far apart in price. I don’t really need the domain anymore just would like to have it. Still, I let the domain go - that’s on me.

So if you let your domain go - that was your decision.

Last edited:
•••
Time to rebrand/get back some of those rankings, then

That's the only thing I can do given that HD prob won't drop the domain name anytime soon

Care to share the domain?

•••
Greed has nothing to do with this. In business you maximize profit. Anything else is bollocks.

The negativity about HD originates in envy and the sense of offendedness that you are displaying. I perfectly understand it. But it is not reasonable.

You lost your name, they profited. End of story.

•••
Greed has nothing to do with this. In business you maximize profit. Anything else is bollocks.

The negativity about HD originates in envy and the sense of offendedness that you are displaying. I perfectly understand it. But it is not reasonable.

Are you kidding me? What envy are you talking about? Envy about what?

Yes I'm offended at people that rip me off - if you're not, I feel nothing but pity for you, end of story

Keep supporting greed, but don't come back to me crying when greed will bite you in the backside

Last edited:
•••

They will only profit if they sell the domain, I can guarantee they drop thousands of domains due to no interest. One of my old drops ended up with them and for nostalgia I wanted to purchase it back. I decided not to inquire because they will not drop it if they receive inquiries. I made it a point not to punch the domain into the address bar because they count all traffic. I just kept checking whois and after a few years I picked up the domain when it was dropped. It was so obscure nobody picked it up on drop and I waited until I could pick it up for an 8 dollar registration. Patience was the key....

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
What did it stand for? Just curious. 5L domains arent hard to find, even pronouncable ones

I Heart Noise - should've been ihn.com, but I think that one is a little bit more valuable/not available

•••
ihrtn.com

That was a mistake

It is currently at $1895

I visited the page to get the price

If more people visit the price will go up. The more traffic, the higher the price will become.

My suggestion is to find something else and move on.
The domain is nothing special.

Last edited:
•••
That was a mistake

It is currently at $1895

I visited the page to get the price

If more people visit the price will go up. The more traffic, the higher the price will become.

My suggestion is to find something else and move on.
The domain is nothing special.

So I gathered

Plenty of untapped traffic there according to Open Explorer, but I doubt anyone will buy it at the price they're offering

•••
I Heart Noise - should've been ihn.com, but I think that one is a little bit more valuable/not available
IHN? That one would have some insane value to it haha. Take Ihartn.com its available. Just looked it up. 1 more letter but its better imo

•••
IHN? That one would have some insane value to it haha. Take Ihartn.com its available. Just looked it up. 1 more letter but its better imo

New domain is ihrtn.net - I think it looks nice :)

Didn't wanted to mention since I thought it would be considered spam

Been working on getting back those rankings too...

•••
New domain is ihrtn.net - I think it looks nice :)

Didn't wanted to mention since I thought it would be considered spam

Been working on getting back those rankings too...
Oh perfect, lucky you haha. If you really wanna make something out of it snag the .org too. Taken in multiple extensions is always good

•••
I lose names every day to HD. That doesn’t mean they ripped me off. You feel ripped off but you aren’t. If there is any blame it lies with you.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back