NameSilo

Private Messages and New Members

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I think new members need to contribute to the forum before they can start using private messaging. It will increase the security and I personally would like to be able to find out something about these people whom are pm'ing me.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you

Eric

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heya Eric,

I can see your point that it should be something they have to earn but I think it works the other way also. There are a lot of new members who are just buyers that want a certain name and don't wish to put much time into the forum...implementing this rule may detract them perhaps....otherwise I think it's a great idea.

•••
Please report them so we are aware of what is going on and we can stop
it quicker if they are spammers. :)

•••
I don't know if there a spammer or anything, there is just little information about them. I do agree with blake that for buying and selling purposes it does make sense to leave the system the way it is.

•••
Heya Eric,

I can see your point that it should be something they have to earn but I think it works the other way also. There are a lot of new members who are just buyers that want a certain name and don't wish to put much time into the forum...implementing this rule may detract them perhaps....otherwise I think it's a great idea.

It's very unlikely that a new buyer or seller randomly found the forum and decided to do business. I would guess that in almost all instances they are lurkers who sign up to do a quick deal.

I think it wouldn't be too much to ask new members to put up 10-20 posts before PM kicks in :imho:

•••
Sending unsolicited PM's are against the forum rules,
rules they have to agree to before signing up, by all means - please report them ;)

•••
Well I think that newbies may need to send a PM to another member to make an offer or buy a domain :)
One thing that could be done is set caps so a member is not allowed to send 100 PMs at once for example.

•••
It's very unlikely that a new buyer or seller randomly found the forum and decided to do business. I would guess that in almost all instances they are lurkers who sign up to do a quick deal.

I think it wouldn't be too much to ask new members to put up 10-20 posts before PM kicks in :imho:

Believe it or not I have sent many buyers to my sales and that was the only thing they chose to do after. I think it happens a lot more then you might think as buyers are getting more savvy each day!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back