Dan.com

discuss Prices for 4 letter domains have gone up significantly in the last 2 months…

Dynadot Dynadot

tiletalk

Established Member
Impact
4L pronounceable have always been in demand however the prices for these domains seem to have gone up by nearly 30% or so in the auction marketplace in the last 2 months. I have been tracking names nearly daily and names have been going for much higher than what an investor would generally pay imo.

anyone notice similar trends?

Last edited:
4 0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

AEProgram

Top Contributor
Impact
They would be up 10000% if domainers stopped making donations all day and priced their domains based on potential for the buyer. Imagine if domainers were asked to price a 30 second superbowl ad, what would they charge? $50?

Most 4l's that hit the auction marker are not pronounceable 4L's. Domainers can claim xvbj is pronounceable but the market says otherwise. I believe that a pronounceable that means nothing (non dict.) is worth at least 250k (ie hilk) and a 4l that means something is worth a minimum of 1million.

Impact
We need big players to buy portfolios of thousands of 4L.COM and form an oligopoly.

AEProgram

Top Contributor
Impact
We need big players to buy portfolios of thousands of 4L.COM and form an oligopoly.
Free markets are the only way, and educating asset owners is part of the free market.

Impact
Solid 4L .com's, whether they're acronyms or pronounceables, are still way undervalued IMO.

AEProgram

Top Contributor
Impact
Solid 4L .com's, whether they're acronyms or pronounceables, are still way undervalued IMO.
agree. I like the pricing you set, smart and fair

xcloud123

Established Member
Impact
good 4L domains are always high or hard to grap .
I would rather pay high price to get one good 4L instead of buying 10 ~50 common 4L domain