IT.COM

status-replied Posting appraisals in old appraisal request threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
DealsShare.com migh worth low XXX, the other has no value
DealsShare has been dropped a few times, maybe more than once as shown by whois since this 8 year old appraisal request.
https://whois.domaintools.com/dealsshare.com
This member hasnt been on in 6 years, thankfully dropped this name, now a proud new owner is having his domain appraised, without his approval.
The last guy who owned it did the right thing, person before too,hopefully the new guy will as well
And whats with bringing up appraisal requests from 8 years ago? @zomainhacks
I think @Mod Team Bravo needs to go back in time and close some appraisal threads

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DealsShare has been dropped a few times, maybe more than once as shown by whois since this 8 year old appraisal request.
https://whois.domaintools.com/dealsshare.com
This member hasnt been on in 6 years, thankfully dropped this name, now a proud new owner is having his domain appraised, without his approval.
The last guy who owned it did the right thing, person before too,hopefully the new guy will as well
And whats with bringing up appraisal requests from 8 years ago? @zomainhacks
I think @Mod Team Bravo needs to go back in time and close some appraisal threads
I think is interesting discussing on past submitted domains. The proud new owner has the chance to find a buyer for low XXX in the next 10 years lol

Last edited:
•••
They are owned by other people now, I just feel namepros should lock outdated threads just for this reason. A member asks for an appraisal 8 years ago, hasnt logged in 6 years, obviously dropped name, maybe they re aquired it, but if not an active discussion is going on about someone elses asset without there permission or maybe even knowledge.
I understand your just browsing back through appraisals and commenting as you are entitle to.
Keep doing it if you wish, I wont comment anymore but will wait for @Mod Team Bravo to post if there are rules or time limits to close inactive appraisal threads.

•••
They are owned by other people now, I just feel namepros should lock outdated threads just for this reason. A member asks for an appraisal 8 years ago, hasnt logged in 6 years, obviously dropped name, maybe they re aquired it, but if not an active discussion is going on about someone elses asset without there permission or maybe even knowledge.
I understand your just browsing back through appraisals and commenting as you are entitle to.
Keep doing it if you wish, I wont comment anymore but will wait for @Mod Team Bravo to post if there are rules or time limits to close inactive appraisal threads.
Oh.. I understand your point, it makes sense. I did it just for curiosity and to open the discussion on what poeple wanted appraised in the past. I can stop it without issues

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains @zomainhacks,

We allow commenting on old threads; we intentionally leave them open for that reason.

We understand that's a little different from many other places and it may not always make sense, but in the case of providing appraisals, there are still valuable lessons that can be learned regardless of who owns the domain name now.

We hope that helps.

•••
•••

We allow commenting on old threads; we intentionally leave them open for that reason.

We understand that's a little different from many other places and it may not always make sense, but in the case of providing appraisals, there are still valuable lessons that can be learned regardless of who owns the domain name now.

We hope that helps.
Even if the ownership has changed hands? Seems inappropriate to allow comments on someone else's assets without their consent

There are enough appraisals where the owner is looking for an appraisal without going down this route....

If it was the same owner then fair enough......

Edit:

If someone gives a low/fake, false, wrong (etc etc) appraisal surely that is hurting the domain value for the new owner who has not asked for an opinion?

Last edited:
•••
Even if the ownership has changed hands?
Yes.

Seems inappropriate to allow comments on someone else's assets without their consent
This could be said about many things, including other assets such as homes, cars, watches, office buildings, stocks, etc.

In short, we don't interfere with members voicing their opinions unless there is a rule violation.

However, domain registrants do have the ability to contact us to space-out their domain name after they verify ownership of it. Learn more at solution #4.

We hope that helps.

•••

We hope that helps.

Obama was president when appraisal asked

You need close appraisals asked 8+ yrs ago.

It was a different time

Last edited:
•••
It was a different time
Fortunately, each time period is designated by post date(s).

It's true that information and opinions (e.g., valuations) change over time.

That's one of the reasons that we keep threads open: it provides the evolution and changes in a single place, rather than having to locate multiple threads to find the full picture or most up-to-date information and replies on a topic.

With everything in one thread, you can simply skip to the date range that you want in order to find historical or timely information.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back