Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Porkbun Official Thread

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
:heavy_check_mark: Porkbun.com
Impact
536
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.
 
16
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
1
•••
1
•••
1
•••
Could you tell me... I tried creating a Porkbun account in order to register a new .com domain, that was about 4 months ago.
After clicking the link in the email to activate the account, I could not log in. I tried chatting with the Support but couldn't reach anyone, and then I tried calling Support but could also not reach anyone. I live in Europe, in the time zone CET. This incident occurred on a Friday afternoon around 4 PM and I tried contacting support again around 5 PM. Even with the time zone difference in mind, this should have been within the opening hours of Porkbun support.

I then gave up and sent an email to support. I then got an email back (but not within the first hours or so) saying they couldn't find my account and that something must have gone wrong with the activation of the newly created account.

Now I read a lot of reviews about Porkbun and they are overwhelmingly positive to extremely positive. Maybe I just had bad luck. I'm willing to give Porkbun another go, but what worries me more than the failed account creation (a technical issue can occur with every service or registrar) is that I couldn't reach support neither by chat nor by phone. I wonder how that happened? If it was 4 to 5 PM in Central European Time, then it must have been morning in your time zone, so Support should have been open already.
Hi there! I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with your account setup, but I recommend trying again to see if it goes through.

Regarding support, we’ve been focused on improving the live experience, though admittedly this has been a slow process. We hire and train our own agents rather than using a generic call center as our main goal is to provide consistent high quality support above all else. That said, this approach takes time to scale.

In the meantime, our email support is staffed around the clock and typically responds within a few hours, so it's often the fastest way to get help. As we continue building up the team, live support availability should steadily improve.
 
4
•••
I figured the same. What a shame. :xf.rolleyes:
We made a few changes so at least isn't not a spinning circle of doom when their API fails to respond. Still not sure why the results can vary so much but there's only so much we can do about that.
 
3
•••
We made a few changes so at least isn't not a spinning circle of doom when their API fails to respond. Still not sure why the results can vary so much but there's only so much we can do about that.
Please don’t ask how Atom search works. we wasted several pages in their thread talking about it. and still have no clue :unsure:
 
3
•••
Please don’t ask how Atom search works. we wasted several pages in their thread talking about it. and still have no clue :unsure:
This issue concerns the Atom API intermittently failing to respond at all.
 
1
•••
Hi there! I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with your account setup, but I recommend trying again to see if it goes through.

Regarding support, we’ve been focused on improving the live experience, though admittedly this has been a slow process. We hire and train our own agents rather than using a generic call center as our main goal is to provide consistent high quality support above all else. That said, this approach takes time to scale.

In the meantime, our email support is staffed around the clock and typically responds within a few hours, so it's often the fastest way to get help. As we continue building up the team, live support availability should steadily improve.

I read a lot of praise about Porkbun, also about the support. So I'm definitely willing to give it another try.

However, in case of urgencies, then it would be handy to reach support immediately (as long as it is within opening hours) ; some issues cannot wait a couple of hours. Although I would say that is not happening often that there is such an urgency, and it is great you train your own staff instead of outsourcing to an external call center! That's very positive, and I guess it means the support of Porkbun will only become even better in the near future.
 
2
•••
@Porkbun I've noticed domain search within my portfolio runs a lot faster these days. Thank you!
 
2
•••
I have a domain that expired 7-14 and I can't unlock it to transfer it out? That's sneaky AF.. still inside 30 days.. sent an email to support, please attend to this
 
0
•••
I have a domain that expired 7-14 and I can't unlock it to transfer it out? That's sneaky AF.. still inside 30 days.. sent an email to support, please attend to this


strangely included in the transfer-in knowledge base article:
An expired domain is safe to begin a transfer outwards from Porkbun at or before 20 days of expiry. Domains expired more than 20 days are listed at auction and would need to be renewed before starting a transfer, and would not be eligible for renewal or transfer if an active bid exists.

https://kb.porkbun.com/article/174-what-happens-if-i-try-to-transfer-an-expired-domain-to-porkbun
 
2
•••
@Porkbun
When we manually list names within the PorkBun marketplace, we are unable to transfer to another registrar until the name is deleted/removed from your marketplace. When transferring from me to me (just moving to a new registrar) this is frustrating. It is even more frustrating because we cannot bulk remove names from your marketplace. I had to remove them one by one. For hundreds of names. But at least that was on my time.

However, I recently sold a name via SedoMLS and they are supposed to be able to automatically transfer it. But they can't. Why? Cause it's listed in the porkBun marketplace! This darn marketplace blocking is unacceptable. It should not block transfers from PB. Since it does - you really do not participate in @Sedo 's fast transfer program.

Remove it asap.

And for other domainers - do NOT list in the Porkbun marketplace unless you want to deal with a lot of manual, one by one, labor.
 
Last edited:
9
•••
$1 off up to 100 transfers at PorkBun. Thanks PB!

This embedded content is currently unavailable. View original
 
Last edited:
9
•••
@Porkbun
When we manually list names within the PorkBun marketplace, we are unable to transfer to another registrar until the name is deleted/removed from your marketplace. When transferring from me to me (just moving to a new registrar) this is frustrating. It is even more frustrating because we cannot bulk remove names from your marketplace. I had to remove them one by one. For hundreds of names. But at least that was on my time.

However, I recently sold a name via SedoMLS and they are supposed to be able to automatically transfer it. But they can't. Why? Cause it's listed in the porkBun marketplace! This darn marketplace blocking is unacceptable. It should not block transfers from PB. Since it does - you really do not participate in @Sedo 's fast transfer program.

Remove it asap.

And for other domainers - do NOT list in the Porkbun marketplace unless you want to deal with a lot of manual, one by one, labor.
I brought this up with the dev team, we are looking to get this fixed. Thanks for the feedback!
 
3
•••
@Porkbun
When we manually list names within the PorkBun marketplace, we are unable to transfer to another registrar until the name is deleted/removed from your marketplace. When transferring from me to me (just moving to a new registrar) this is frustrating. It is even more frustrating because we cannot bulk remove names from your marketplace. I had to remove them one by one. For hundreds of names. But at least that was on my time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the approach I've taken is...

1. Bulk Actions > Upload CSV of Marketplace Domains
2. Create a list of domains with empty columns and set the final column to "yes" (for "remove_domain")
3. Upload!

For example, if you want to delete `example.com` `example.net` and `example.org`:

Code:
example.com,,,,,,yes
example.net,,,,,,yes
example.org,,,,,,yes

The lack of a single button to do it via the standard bulk options is annoying, but you definitely don't have to do it manually :)
 
2
•••
Correct me if I'm wrong but the approach I've taken is...

1. Bulk Actions > Upload CSV of Marketplace Domains
2. Create a list of domains with empty columns and set the final column to "yes" (for "remove_domain")
3. Upload!

For example, if you want to delete `example.com` `example.net` and `example.org`:

Code:
example.com,,,,,,yes
example.net,,,,,,yes
example.org,,,,,,yes

The lack of a single button to do it via the standard bulk options is annoying, but you definitely don't have to do it manually :)

Hmmm, only a subset of my names were listed on their marketplace - unless their is a corresponding download all Marketplace Domains option - this wouldn't have been easy. I was also told by their CS there was no way to do this (and it wasn't obv to me when searching). But I wish I saw your tip before I went through the trouble of removing all marketplace listings one at a time.

Further PorkBuns policy of not allowing a push or transfer due to a marketplace listing is frustrating regardless. I will not list in their marketplace (even with your excellent tip) until that is removed.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Hmmm, only a subset of my names were listed on their marketplace - unless their is a corresponding download all Marketplace Domains option - this wouldn't have been easy. I was also told by their CS there was no way to do this (and it wasn't obv to me when searching). But I wish I saw your tip before I went through the trouble of removing all marketplace listings one at a time.

Ah! Good point. I agree, this could definitely be improved by Porkbun. I like Porkbun a lot but there are some bulk activities that are a headache (there's a longstanding bug with bulk management of DNS for external domains which has made my life difficult). Anyway, for anyone else's future reference... a complete strategy for quickly removing marketplace domains:

1. Enable "Load all domains by default." in the domain manager in "domain management settings" at the top of your domain manager
2. Sort your domains by the "Market" column (descending) so that all Marketplace domains are listed at the top
3. Manually check the boxes for each of the Marketplace domains (click... click... click... all the way down the list[1])

2. Select all domains using the checkbox at the top of the domain list
3. Click "Bulk Actions" > "General Bulk Options"
4. Copy all of the domain names from the textarea
5. In your preferred text editor, find and replace all new lines with ",,,,,,yes"[2]
6. Upload the file via "Bulk Options" > "Upload CSV of Marketplace Domains"

Should take less than a minute in total (most of the time will be taken up by checking the box next to each domain).

edit: you can upload a CSV containing all of your domains, even if they're not in the Marketplace and the system (the bulk email will say "SUCCESS" next to domains that were in the Marketplace and "ERROR" next to each domain not in the Marketplace).

[1] The checkbox checking could be automated with Javascript but I will not provide the script because I do not want to encourage people to run untrusted Javascript in their registrar account. That said, if someone wants to automate it: each domain row has a `data` attribute `data-marketplace` which is either `-1` (not in the Marketplace) or > 0 (in the Marketplace). The following prompt can be given to ChatGPT to generate a script:

I have an HTML document containing elements that have a `data-marketplace` attribute. The value of `data-marketplace` can either be `-1` or a number greater than `0`. Each element contains a checkbox. I need to iterate through all of these elements and if `data-marketplace` is greater than `0` then set the checkbox to checked using Javascript.

[2] You could alternatively ask ChatGPT to do it for you:

Add `,,,,,,yes` to the end of each line in the following text:
example.com
example.net
example.org
...
 
Last edited:
0
•••
@Porkbun - sometimes I do multiple bulk NS changes at once. I then get emails as they are complete. But the email doesn't show the current NS, could it? Sometimes, it takes a while to complete and when you multi-task you forget what you set those names to. Within the email, you could list NS changed to ns1.afternic, etc.

Screenshot 2025-09-18 at 9.12.43 PM.png
 
1
•••
@Porkbun - sometimes I do multiple bulk NS changes at once. I then get emails as they are complete. But the email doesn't show the current NS, could it? Sometimes, it takes a while to complete and when you multi-task you forget what you set those names to. Within the email, you could list NS changed to ns1.afternic, etc.

Show attachment 283550
Not a bad idea, I added a ticket for this.
 
1
•••
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back