Dynadot

Porkbun Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please add a way to filter unwanted extensions from the "full search" (and have these settings saved).

•••
Nice to finally see an official thread for Porkbun

•••
How to enable fast transfer of afternic

•••
•••
•••
•••
It seems that I have to delete the domains from afternic and add them again to receive the activation email. In addition to having domains at porkbun, I also have a lot of domains at other registrars, so,it doesn't work for me, I don't want to do the things of deleting domains from afternic.

In the case of Dynadot, I am sure when I add a domain to afternic during the 60-day-transfer-lock, I will not receive an activation email. Won't get the email again even if I wait a year! Maybe porkbun is the same with dynadot, I am a new user of porkbun, I am not sure

A good example is that this is not the case on sav, even if I add a newly registered domain to afternic , sav will send me a fast transfer activation email.I authorize it, of course there is no fast transfer on afternic when I review it, but after 60 days, the domain will automatically successfully enable the fast transfer.

Sav does a great job, I like it that way, there is no need to wait 60 days.I can authorize the fast transfer right away, no need to double check if they succeeded,no need to do stupid things like deleting domains from afternic then adding them again.

This is just my personal opinion because the great dynadot is also so stupid, I hope porkbun can learn sav, that's all.

Last edited:
•••
When I bulk search domains in my account, it can only show up to 10 domains!Why is this, no registrar is like this

I need to check whether domains are in my account!

Only 10 domains is very unusable and unfriendly!

•••
When I bulk search domains in my account, it can only show up to 10 domains!Why is this, no registrar is like this

I need to check whether domains are in my account!

Only 10 domains is very unusable and unfriendly!
I'm not sure what you're talking about here, I don't believe there is a limit of 10 for bulk search. Can you send a screenshot to [email protected] so they can look into this directly?

•••
Love me some Porkbun! Glad to see you folks on here!

•••
Does anyone know, how to hide my old domain names (which i don't own them anymore) on Domain Management?

•••
Does anyone know, how to hide my old domain names (which i don't own them anymore) on Domain Management?
I'm not sure why, but yes, sometimes a sold domain remains visible in your Porkbun account, even though it has been transferred to another registrar a long time ago. You can easily remove such a domain from your Porkbun account through the Details▼ section of the domain, and then click Remove Domain -> Submit Request. In my case, the domain in question was removed immediately and automatically.

1651452426603.png

Last edited:
•••
There is a new Twitter account called "porkbun app" (porkbunapp) that appears to be set up to mock and ridicule Porkbun.

Accounts like that should be reported and taken down.

I've already reported several tweets and reported the account for impersonation. So if anyone else feels that the account is inappropriate, then it would help if you, too, reported it.

•••
•••
Will we ever catch a glimpse of Porkie's face? I mean, the rear-view with the curly tail is great and all..

Actually, in hindsight, eat the bacon don't ask questions. It's sow much better that way.

**edit n/m, found some footage of the frontage:

pb-frontage.jpg

That curly tail.

Last edited:
•••
With such a large portfolio, do you have an account manager at Porkbun, or is that not something they offer? I am thinking of moving more names to them, but I am not sure if you get any special privileges or discounts if you have many names with them.
Hi @Embrand

Unlike my GoDaddy account, I don't have an account manager at Porkbun and I'm not sure if Porkbun uses such a model for their customers. Probably not. But when something is going on, there is always very direct, pleasant and adequate contact with a small team, and things are actually solved. That is definitely a breath of fresh air.

As far as discounts are concerned, Porkbun already has pretty much the lowest prices for both small and large customers. As far as I know, no distinction is made between them. However, you can still receive even lower rates with an ACH Only account, that's where you can add balance in advance.

Maybe @Porkbun can tell some more about this.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Embrand

Unlike my GoDaddy account, I don't have an account manager at Porkbun and I'm not sure if Porkbun uses such a model for their customers. Probably not. But when something is going on, there is always very direct, pleasant and adequate contact with a small team, and things are actually solved. That is definitely a breath of fresh air.

As far as discounts are concerned, Porkbun already has pretty much the lowest prices for both small and large customers. As far as I know, no distinction is made between them. However, you can still receive even lower rates with an ACH Only account, that's where you can add balance in advance.

Maybe @Porkbun can tell some more about this.
Thanks for this information. Good to hear that support is great, and I like that they show the faces of their employees (including the company plant...) on their website. As long as support is great, I don't think it is necessary to have an account manager.

The only thing that I miss - being outside the US - is that you cannot top up your account by credit card or wire transfer. I really hope they will add these options soon @Porkbun.

•••
Thanks for this information. Good to hear that support is great, and I like that they show the faces of their employees (including the company plant...) on their website. As long as support is great, I don't think it is necessary to have an account manager.

The only thing that I miss - being outside the US - is that you cannot top up your account by credit card or wire transfer. I really hope they will add these options soon @Porkbun.
Sorry we were a little late seeing this. @Future Sensors is correct, we do not have any sort of account manager for larger accounts at this time. That said, every support rep is empowered to support every customer regardless of size with excellent service. We have < 24 hour turn around time on email (unless it's something very wonky) and offer real live human chat/phone support during our official business hours seven days a week. If you ever feel like you're not receiving the support you deserve please ask that your ticket get escalated to Phillip, our support manager.

I've added non-US account credit funding to our weekly meeting issues for this coming Monday. We need a solution here, probably wire but I'll keep you posted.

•••
Sorry we were a little late seeing this. @Future Sensors is correct, we do not have any sort of account manager for larger accounts at this time. That said, every support rep is empowered to support every customer regardless of size with excellent service. We have < 24 hour turn around time on email (unless it's something very wonky) and offer real live human chat/phone support during our official business hours seven days a week. If you ever feel like you're not receiving the support you deserve please ask that your ticket get escalated to Phillip, our support manager.

I've added non-US account credit funding to our weekly meeting issues for this coming Monday. We need a solution here, probably wire but I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the update. That would be great. I hope Phillip is not the plant ;)

One feature suggestion: Even though I have Password Protection on for a domain, it seems like I can still do an account transfer/push or list it for sale in your marketplace. I think this should not be possible without removing the Password Protection first.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the update. That would be great. I hope Phillip is not the plant ;)

One feature suggestion: Even though I have Password Protection on for a domain, it seems like I can still do an account transfer/push or list it for sale in your marketplace. I think this should not be possible without removing the Password Protection first.
Hi Embrand, I've got this flagged for Owen to take a look at, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

•••
Porkbun’s website is currently VERY slow for me, and I can not buy or renew domains. It has been so for more than 15 hours.

I am currently in Thailand, and other sites are working just as normal.

•••
UPDATE: I can access Porkbun with VPN, so probably some local restriction/issue.

•••
Hello @Porkbun,

One thing I'm urgently missing while managing my large portfolio with you, is the ability to delete domains in bulk.

Could you please make it a priority to implement such a feature?

I'd appreciate it, thank you.

•••
Hello @Porkbun,

One thing I'm urgently missing while managing my large portfolio with you, is the ability to delete domains in bulk.

Could you please make it a priority to implement such a feature?

I'd appreciate it, thank you.
Thanks for the feedback mate, I've added to our development queue to see if we can get this rolled out.

•••
Back