Like5
Rck
Chulium
Rawandy

Cheers!
Josh

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck with it Josh. I have been using it a bit since you told me about it and all I can say is that it's a nifty tool.

best of luck,
SW

•••
Moved to "Advertising" section ;)

Appraisals section is only for posting Domains you own for Appraisal -

Thanks - and Good Luck with the site :tu:

•••
Just tried it out. Really nice. Will be using this to give more "accurate" appraisals.

•••
Thank you for your support & kind words BinderGang :)

•••
Hey Josh,

Ran about 50 domains through EstiBot last night and was very impressed with the realistic results. There were a few that I didn't quite agree with, but that's to be expected from any proud domain owner. More important were the majority of appraisals that were right in the ballpark...and not just on the domains I own.

Your system is much more consistent than sites like leapfrog, and is improving all the time. It's now a quick-link on my Explorer toolbar, and I'll talk to you soon about putting a link or something on my site.

Thanks for your hard work.

Randy

•••
It seems to work pretty decent on some one word domains , But does it have any way to Tell a Premium 2 Worder ? I noticed most anything more than 1 word isn't going very high.

Nice work none the less :tu: I've started a script Twice now and just keep throwing it to the back burner eventually :laugh: - There really is too many factors.

•••
Good luck! I'm sure going to promote the tool to all my domainfriends here in Europe!

•••
stogid Just pointed out the "Capital" letters on 2 worders - Much better ;)

•••
Also, it would be good to have the option NOT to add the domain you are getting appraised to the public Appraised list.

Nice site tho :)

•••
Stogid- thanks much for that tip- as a domainer I understand the need for that feature. I'll get to work on it!

Thanks everyone for visiting & support

•••
Just glad to help out Josh.

The script works great and you are smart enough to realize that these scripts require constant tinkering and tuning.

Good job.

Skinny

•••
It is better than any free valuater on the internet i have seen, Some tweaking, probably, But i can tell alot work has gone into EstiBot.com, An excellent job! It's great to finally have an automated valuator with a brain :)

Job well done Josh_1 :)

•••
Nicely done bud =) I've used it alot lately, and the values are as usual, almost always in the right ballpark =)

Wish you good luck with it,
Andree

•••
It's better than leap fish :) love the this site and the appraisal works very well. Good job

•••
Thanks Josh, this seems really good, far more realistic than leapfish.
Maybe still a bit optimistic, or perhaps I am just undervaluing my own domains.

Here's an idea to help you pay for that dedicated server:
You could have a "Click here to sell your domain at Afternic/Sedo" affiliate link?
(of course I'll be linking to estibot.com as well ;))

One thing I noticed: It seems to treat a number as a capital?
e.g. it breaks down Mp3.com as 2 keywords "mp" and "3"

Overall, great job! :great:

•••
Thanks everyone, makes me feel really good to get this kind of support after all that work :) You're the best

RCRiver said:
Here's an idea to help you pay for that dedicated server:
You could have a "Click here to sell your domain at Afternic/Sedo" affiliate link?

I have one of those links up already, but you're right I should put it somewhere more visible, will do.

I'm planning to take my time and redesign the site to look more organized. I wanted to get it live as soon as I reached a point when the site was functional. I have spent far too many sleeples nights tweaking this and that, and decided I want it live before going to work on the general layout and design. Now EstiBot can do its work while I take some time for some enjoyable web designing :)

(of course I'll be linking to estibot.com as well ;))

Thank you Sir. Much appreciated.

One thing I noticed: It seems to treat a number as a capital?
e.g. it breaks down Mp3.com as 2 keywords "mp" and "3"

Yes, I programmed it to do that because this way I managed to tweak it to be amazingly accurate with 3character and shorter domains. However, the downside is that now accuracy with some domains such as mp3.com suffer and they get undervaluated.

I'll be working constantly to improve it. I already have some big ideas how I can increase EstiBot's accuracy even further, actually a lot further, but I need to employ paid services to do that, so first I've got to pay for that dedicated server and then after that I'll consider upgrading EstiBot to a new level of accuracy across the board.

I'll also be working on little things like how to get mp3.com appraised right without losing other 3char accuracy, and also I will add a routine to detect and valuate domain hacks.

But first I need to get out more. It's summer, and the last time I looked out of the window, there was snow on the ground....

Thanks again everyone, NPr support means the world to me with this one

Josh

•••
Great job! This looks like the best automated appraisal formula I've ever seen.

Moving over to Domain Discussion to get a few more eyeballs.

Last edited:
•••
Great job :)

The best free appraisal system I have seen. :imho:

Good luck!!!

•••
I wish someone will pay what the system appraised for. :o

•••
one of the better if not best automated appraisals.
However, still not as good as the human ones.
It should check for backlinks, if the site is active...etc....

Domain NamePros.com
Keywords name pros
Frequency 44,900
Anchor Text 19,500
Title 787
Searches/mo 267
EstiBot Valuation USD 1,600

•••
Tried a dozen domains and most were quite accurate - I think :imho:
I like it. Best one yet. Adding a link to it on CanadianDots.ca

•••
Thank you everybody for your kind comments, and I absolutely welcome your criticism and suggestions, it's still in Beta and I will make changes according to the important ideas I get from NPr members. I am working constantly to improve it.

seeker said:
one of the better if not best automated appraisals.
However, still not as good as the human ones.
It should check for backlinks, if the site is active...etc....
Domain NamePros.com
EstiBot Valuation USD 1,600

Quite right, this is a feature that I want to implement. However, at this point the system only valuates the name itself. It is not designed to evaluate websites, traffic, backlinks, PR and so on...but it's on my to do -list. It's a whole other ballgame. I think a separate system is needed for that, because the rules change so much. Afdasepowieugh3213.com could be worth millions if it had huge traffic and PPC income..There was another complaint that Google.com only gets about 2 million dollars, that is also explained by this.

By the way, it's good to try variations of capitalization. "namepros.com" gets USD 3,149, as "namepros" is a stonger keyword than "name pros". Still of course not nearly as high as namepros would actually be, but that's because of the above mentioned reasons.

It's worth checking out the Guide, About and Metrics pages. I've explained the workings of the system and also there are tips on how to interpret the results, and discussion on the limitations of the system.

The instructions say that if your domain is appraised at above >$100,000 or so, it's just an indication that it is a very valuable domain name, but EstiBot does not claim to know exactly how valuable, so it's worth seeking other means to find out the real value. So, within its own rules and context, the appraisal for Google.com is correct.

Also, EstiBot is optimized for the low- to mid-end range of domains, say reg fee to $50,000 because this is what I feel most domainers are interested in. If you've got a name that's worth more than that, you will know it anyway...But EstiBot can usually also tell you if your name is apparently extremely valuable, just in case you don't know it :)

As for it being not as good as human appraisals, well that is one tough comparison :) It depends on the human, it's better than me (statistically, I've tested), but of course not better than many NPr members here and other domaining pros and that's not even possible for an automated system. However, it's there 24/7 and you always get an appraisal instantly, which is nice.

EstiBot surely makes errors, but humans make some errors too, and sometimes EstiBot may detect some hidden value, or a recent increase in value that a human, especially a non-professional, might not without extensive research. So if your domain gets a much higher EstiBot appraisal this month compared to last month, it may be worth looking at the market and see if there are some developments you need to know about.

It's meant as a ballpark value tool, and also a quick keyword research tool, and the usefulness comes from critical human interpretation. I emphasize that critical interpretation and further research is always needed with appraisals, and EstiBot is no exception.

Also remember to try variations of keyword capitalization, e.g.
metalink.com (single-words do not need capitalization)
MetaLink.com

Further suggestions very welcome and much appreciated!

Cheers!
Josh

•••
Let me say that I was very skeptic when I saw the title of this thread, as I am skeptical with any automated appraisal.
But, I would like to virtually shake your hands for creating the most accurate automated appraisa system.

It worked really fine for LLLL.com's. It appraised them well depending whether they are CVCV's or unpronounceables. Still any random LLLL.com with the worst letters was appraised at a minimum of $50 (yzwq.com at $103). But it makes difference between good letters and bad letters.

It worked very well for one word and two word .com's. With one exception, the tool appraised all my domains within a margin of 10%. And that is really impressing.

On the other hand I think there are some problems with appraising .net tld. While my NNN.net was appraised at $400 (well below its minimum reseller price), GuideTo.Net was appraised at $130.072. Wish it would be so.

Maybe for NNN's you could fix the situation. 482.net was appraised at $352, and the minimum reseller price for NNN.net is $900 according to 3character.com.

Also how do you get the searches/mo number? I think that through OVT, but you count all the times the word or term is found in OVT, and not the number of times where solely that term appears. An example: Just Living is said to have 1760 searches a month, but according to OVT only more than 200 searches per month are exclusively for just living. There are other queries for just living room and other terms that are not relevant for the domain.

As per site, it is good. Maybe it would be better if it would be possible to make another appraisal right after one is made, without making a click.

Regarding the proposal to be able to hide the appraisal I agree with that.

Well again sincere congrats, would be happy to help you out with other suggestions after I will test it a bit more.

Alex

•••
Thanks alexsimon for your keen observations

alexsimon said:
any random LLLL.com with the worst letters was appraised at a minimum of $50 (yzwq.com at $103). But it makes difference between good letters and bad letters.

This is interesting because LLLL.coms are not given any special treatment (as in increased points for length) by EstiBot - it seems to valuate them higher than what they go for currently. I don't know, maybe it's a sign of what's going to happen in the near future, but I agree that for the current market, the valuations are higher than reseller price.

However, it's worth noting that EstiBot is programmed to try to give a reasonable valuation somewhere between reseller and end user price potential, so that it could reflect the true potential of a name. So maybe that's what the LLLL.com valuations represent.

alexsimon said:
On the other hand I think there are some problems with appraising .net tld. While my NNN.net was appraised at $400 (well below its minimum reseller price), GuideTo.Net was appraised at $130.072. Wish it would be so.

Thanks- I'll do my best to fix that. I'm still working on different tld's and their respective values. There are so many... but .net is obviously a priority.

Also how do you get the searches/mo number? I think that through OVT, but you count all the times the word or term is found in OVT, and not the number of times where solely that term appears.

The number that is in the output is the searches/mo count for the most popular search term that includes the domain name keywords in one way or the other. I am planning to add a breakdown of the searches/mo data on the results page for keyword research purposes...stay tuned

The calculation however is not necessarily based on the value that you see. I tried dozens of ways to figure monthly searches into the calculation, and found that simply looking at the exact search term did not predict domain name value - well it did for many domains, but it left a big chunk of domain names undervalued, especially in the lower end range (the area of interest for most of us) so that would obviously not do. Instead I employed a "fuzzy logic" calculation for this...

Actually, I've explained these metrics, including monthly searches, and how they affect domain name price, in some detail on the site - see the Metrics page - so I won't go into more detail here. You should find some answers there, though.

As for your other suggestions, they are all good and much appreciated and I will do my best to implement them on the site.

Cheers!
Josh

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back