Dynadot

domain Please Appraise CollegeAds.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Curious as to what everyone thinks of this name. Recently won at a NameJet auction & am using it for a development project of a friend of mine which will be going up in a month and a half at the latest.

The price went all the way to my max proxy bid so I'd like everyone's opinion as to what you think it's worth or what you'd personally pay. Overall I am very happy with the name but just want to get an idea as to whether I might have over paid considering it's for a project vs. to re-sell. I guess in this case I bid more as an end-user.

I definitely appreciate any appraisals and feedback so please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,

Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really would appreciate anybody's opinions on this name and an appraisal if possible. You can't hurt my feelings if you don't like it.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
•••
I will give it a go...

You can do a lot of things with this domain. I think college marketing budgets will only continue to increase in the future as things get more and more cutthroat (for-profit colleges especially) to get bodies to pay for new construction and remodeling of the campuses.

The closest thing I could find in past sales is SportsAds which sold for $3K in Oct 2010. To me, that price seems a bit low. Sports Ads gets about twice as many exact searches as College Ads, so I think a low $x,xxx end user value for CollegeAds.com is about right.

It sounds like you are in between reseller/end user in this case, so the max I would pay for this would be mid $xxx.

•••
I do not agree with stogie .. College ads does not make much sense to me , The term "college" will get some traffic .
I may wrong but it is my opinion . Low -mid $xx, End-user is a crap shoot

•••
Thank you both for your answers, I really appreciate it. You're right in that I'm basically an end user. My friend and I are starting a college classifieds website on it and it should be up in a month and a half or so. We thought it was a good buy through namejet compared to other names for sale on sedo and other marketplaces. Basically as a small start-up with a meager budget it was either this name or a hand reg which wouldn't have been as descriptive.

If anyone else wants to chime in please do because I really appreciate all the feedback.

Someone in chat said it was good but they didn't like the two vowels - the e and a next to each other.

-Chris

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back