NameSilo

Pheenix Removed A BackOrdered Domain From My Account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

On December 11, Pheenix caught a domain on my account. Traditionally, one can ONLY enter into auction when there are more than 1 backorder, right?

Well, there was delay in my part due to certain issues so I couldnt make the payment on time. A few days later, I got an email that the domain has been removed from my account and pushed to pheenix escrow. I wonder what that means anyway.

My thought was that they were probably holding the domain pending when I can make the payment. However, note that before hand, I had not received any warning from them urging me to make payment prior to that email, which is what is expected of a normal back order company. I have dealt with Godaddy and snapnames but non fail to alert me for payment due.

Despite this, my cpanel still had the option to make payment. I finally did make the payment early ours of today and even emailed them asking whether the domain name was removed from my account and given to another person. No reply as at the time of typing this. Technically, I WAS the only person who backordered it at pheenix but how the name was given to another person is what I do not understand.

The domain is currently under whois privacy protection, therefore I can't see who the person is and parked at BODIS.

As at the time of writing this, I hadn't gotten a reply from Pheenix , which is very rare of them and its been over 7 hours of making payment.

can someone help me out here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pheenix TOS:

"In the event that we successfully obtains registration rights for the selected domain name, and if there are no other backorder request for the selected domain name, you agree to pay any and all required fees to us immediately after the selected domain name has been registered. Valid payment must be received within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of the selected domain name's registration ("Payment Deadline"). You understand and agree that you bear the sole responsibility for making timely and valid payment, and that we disclaim any responsibility for failed or un-received payment, regardless of reason or fault. In the event that we do not receive your timely and valid payment by the Payment Deadline, you will immediately lose the right to purchase the domain."

•••
jideofor, I doubt they would still have the name held for you after 30 odd days, however, I would suggest you to wait for their response or connect with GorillaBob here at NamePros.

Good luck!

•••
Pheenix TOS:

"In the event that we successfully obtains registration rights for the selected domain name, and if there are no other backorder request for the selected domain name, you agree to pay any and all required fees to us immediately after the selected domain name has been registered. Valid payment must be received within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of the selected domain name's registration ("Payment Deadline"). You understand and agree that you bear the sole responsibility for making timely and valid payment, and that we disclaim any responsibility for failed or un-received payment, regardless of reason or fault. In the event that we do not receive your timely and valid payment by the Payment Deadline, you will immediately lose the right to purchase the domain."
so why still leave the payment option on my cpanel and my ability to make payment.

Mind you, I didnt receive any warning before that domain was removed from my account. If we had been 2 or more people who backordered the domain and the it was in turn given to another person, I wouldn't have felt much any bad.

Then, it is fair to say that Pheenix are in possession of the domain behind the whois privacy

•••
jideofor, I doubt they would still have the name held for you after 30 odd days, however, I would suggest you to wait for their response or connect with GorillaBob here at NamePros.

Good luck!
it's okay... they should just make the refund if that is the case.

•••
There is no company that will hold your back-ordered domain for 30 days. Most expect payment within a couple days. Pheenix has no obligation to send you warning letters - but it's your obligation to pay.

So far as wanting a reply, you need to allow for time zones. Your payment would have been made Sunday around 5pm or so their time. They have a few glitches in their system (for example, I still have names showing there that have been transferred out), but they have always responded within a reasonable timeframe for me.

•••
There is no company that will hold your back-ordered domain for 30 days. Most expect payment within a couple days. Pheenix has no obligation to send you warning letters - but it's your obligation to pay.

So far as wanting a reply, you need to allow for time zones. Your payment would have been made Sunday around 5pm or so their time. They have a few glitches in their system (for example, I still have names showing there that have been transferred out), but they have always responded within a reasonable timeframe for me.
Agreed... but it's already 24 hours now... no response yet.

•••
Agreed... but it's already 24 hours now... no response yet.

Sorry...delayed your payment for 30 days and you are here complaining that they haven't got back to you in 24 hours?
I am probably still scratching my head about the fact that someone enters a deal ( contract ) with another part knowing he can't complete it and abide to the rules.
In my little world you buy if you have the money to pay.

That said Pheenix is on NP so they will probably reply to you soon even here on the forum. If you tag them it will make it easier for them to reply.

•••
Sorry...delayed your payment for 30 days and you are here complaining that they haven't got back to you in 24 hours?
I am probably still scratching my head about the fact that someone enters a deal ( contract ) with another part knowing he can't complete it and abide to the rules.
In my little world you buy if you have the money to pay.

That said Pheenix is on NP so they will probably reply to you soon even here on the forum. If you tag them it will make it easier for them to reply.
I still had the option to pay which I have done. if the domain has been lost, why still accept payment for it?

•••
Okay on request of Eric, I think I should update.

Well, I actually paid for the domain but found out that the domain was not still in my account after payment. I contacted them and they said I can't have the domain name back. And thus, my money was refunded which I used to back order a different domain name.

•••
All sellers hate buyers like this. All buyers must complete payment in 24 hours. Further, your account should have refilled enough money balance in the first place to cover your domain sold price. It is your fault and pheenix did a great job. You put suppliers and sellers in delays because of your own reasons. You dragged the world down.

•••
if you like being jacked arund just keep using pheenix. in my experience they are a pitiful company with extremely poor customer service and who care almost not at all for its custmers. it seems more of a vehicle for its owner to catch premium drops. thats great for him but sucks for anyone else.

oh, did i mention that your names might just "disappear" from your account?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back