Dynadot

Pheenix.com - Drop Catching Service - Please Share Your Experiences

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just signed up with Pheenix.com, a new drop catching service by the owners for FreshDrop, and would like to know your experience with them. Has anyone won a domain with them? Any issues in getting the domains put in your name/in your account?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hang on. I thought HugeDomains were precluded from competing against other domainers. Are you saying HD are participating in these Domain Auctions. I thought they were specifically excluded from doing this. I think this requires some clarification from DropCatch.

Sorry, I jumbled some thoughts.

I meant that if you were thinking about just using Snap and NJ to avoid public auctions, that you couldn't because HugeDomains might have a backorder with DropCatch and you risk losing the domain entirely.

So you are forced to place an order with DropCatch, and since the orders there are public then it's likely that the value will be drained out of any domain that is offered there.

•••
Pheenix.com has a domain name that I have my eyes on. It will expire the 1st of next month. How long before Pheenix.com let the name expire or delete?

•••
Pheenix.com has a domain name that I have my eyes on. It will expire the 1st of next month. How long before Pheenix.com let the name expire or delete?
most likely it will be renewed, domain saavy users rarely let good stuff just drop, it will be placed for public auction, soon as you tip your hat, others jump the bid

•••
•••
Sorry, I jumbled some thoughts.

I meant that if you were thinking about just using Snap and NJ to avoid public auctions, that you couldn't because HugeDomains might have a backorder with DropCatch and you risk losing the domain entirely.

So you are forced to place an order with DropCatch, and since the orders there are public then it's likely that the value will be drained out of any domain that is offered there.

Thanks for the correction. @Arca confirmed that they don't participate in their auctions.

•••
Everything i ever backorder on pheenix always ends up in auction. Which ends up finishing very expensive

•••
I haven't use Pheenix from a long time but they got a domain for me today. The domain has been in my account for 8 hours now and the whois info has not been updated. Still with the name "Another Great Domain caught by Pheenix!". I thought they stopped doing that!

Why would you annoy your customers with childish stuff like that. To get extra exposure on the expense of your loyal customers?

•••
Does anyone have trouble getting into Pheenix??? I have reset my password MULTIPLE times with them and still ALL I get directed to over and over is a reset password page even though each time it says my password was set successfully. As I result I am done with them for good now. Way too much headache. Too bad as I would've bought quite a few names from them by now.

•••
The domain name I want is in an auction with Pheenix. If I place a backorder for this name will that count as a bid in the auction?

•••
Looks like Pheenix has been down for the last few hours. Unable to add backorders for today

•••
@gorilla_bob

After reading all this I thought let me check if I have any of my name with them. I found out I have 1 name with them. I tried to transfer out the name from pheenix to godaddy and I got authorization code which is not correct as per Godaddy. I tried to initialize transfer out 3 times and all 3 times I received different authorization code which is not correct/valid as per godaddy. One more amazing thing is there is no option to unlock your domain in pheenix.

@gorilla_bob can you please help me as well as other friends with all these issues??

Thanks

•••
@gorilla_bob

After reading all this I thought let me check if I have any of my name with them. I found out I have 1 name with them. I tried to transfer out the name from pheenix to godaddy and I got authorization code which is not correct as per Godaddy. I tried to initialize transfer out 3 times and all 3 times I received different authorization code which is not correct/valid as per godaddy. One more amazing thing is there is no option to unlock your domain in pheenix.

@gorilla_bob can you please help me as well as other friends with all these issues??

Thanks
The bad auth codes are coming from the registry connections surrendered back to ICANN, as they no longer are live, since there was over 400 of them, there is going to be the odd hiccup, just needs an update from Pheenix.

You can lodge a complaint directly with ICANN in regards to your situation, for an internet mogul who I am sure spends a good portion of his day online, not to respond to Arca, and a few others on this thread says alot.

I would just submit a form with ICANN direct, most likely you will get faster service thru them, than on here.

•••
The bad auth codes are coming from the registry connections surrendered back to ICANN, as they no longer are live, since there was over 400 of them, there is going to be the odd hiccup, just needs an update from Pheenix.

You can lodge a complaint directly with ICANN in regards to your situation, for an internet mogul who I am sure spends a good portion of his day online, not to respond to Arca, and a few others on this thread says alot.

I would just submit a form with ICANN direct, most likely you will get faster service thru them, than on here.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

By any chance do you know how to take out my name from pheenix to Godaddy?? I mean do you know the procedure of how to get it via ICANN?? I really appreciate your help. I am asking you here so if someone has same issue can learn from here.

Thanks

•••
•••
I'm having the same problem as teradomain with transferring a domain out. I opened a pheenix support ticket moments ago. Hopefully that will get a reply..

•••
I'm having the same problem as teradomain with transferring a domain out. I opened a pheenix support ticket moments ago. Hopefully that will get a reply..

FWIW, I transferred one out a few days ago before this posting of the registry drops. I have another one though to get out of there.

So you know what to expect: I got this email:

Domainer,

The following domain names are ready to be transferred out.
Domains - Auth Codes:

xxxxx.org xxxxxxauthcode$
NOTE: You have 15 days to complete the transfer otherwise the domain names will be locked again.
Have a great day!
Warm Regards,
Your Friends at Pheenix

-----------
entered it at new registry, and waited 1 day.

Then 1 day later this email:

Re: Transfer of xxxxxx.org

Today, we received notification that you have requested to transfer xxxxxxxx.org to another domain name registrar.

Please use the following link to AUTHORIZE or CANCEL the domain transfer:

http://www.pheenix................

Please provide your instructions within 5 days of this message.

Note: If you do not respond, the transfer will automatically be approved after 5 days, and the domain will go to the new registrar.

If you did not request the transfer away of this domain, please contact [email protected] immediately.
Warm Regards,
Your Friends at Pheenix

•••
FWIW, I transferred one out a few days ago before this posting of the registry drops. I have another one though to get out of there.

So you know what to expect: I got this email:

Domainer,

The following domain names are ready to be transferred out.
Domains - Auth Codes:

xxxxx.org xxxxxxauthcode$
NOTE: You have 15 days to complete the transfer otherwise the domain names will be locked again.
Have a great day!
Warm Regards,
Your Friends at Pheenix

-----------
entered it at new registry, and waited 1 day.

Then 1 day later this email:

Re: Transfer of xxxxxx.org

Today, we received notification that you have requested to transfer xxxxxxxx.org to another domain name registrar.

Please use the following link to AUTHORIZE or CANCEL the domain transfer:

http://www.pheenix................

Please provide your instructions within 5 days of this message.

Note: If you do not respond, the transfer will automatically be approved after 5 days, and the domain will go to the new registrar.

If you did not request the transfer away of this domain, please contact [email protected] immediately.
Warm Regards,
Your Friends at Pheenix

Thanks for the info friend.

I got same message like you from Pheenix... I entered authorization code. I am getting following message in Transfer center of Godaddy "Correct authorization code needed"...

I opened support ticket with Pheenix. Lets see what kind of response I get from them. I will keep everyone posted here with all updates. So we can learn from each other.

Thanks

•••
I am getting following message in Transfer center of Godaddy "Correct authorization code needed"...

Try another target registry instead of GD to test it. Could be coordination with GD too.

•••
Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

By any chance do you know how to take out my name from pheenix to Godaddy?? I mean do you know the procedure of how to get it via ICANN?? I really appreciate your help. I am asking you here so if someone has same issue can learn from here.

Thanks
You have to fill out a icann complaint form, they will then review, and send it to pheenix, and demand action by a set date. If Pheenix does not comply, ICANN will step in, and make them comply.

I don't like the actions, and the lack of response, there is no desire by management to do any damage control, usually signs of a sinking ship, and insiders are usually the first one to head for land. ie) pulling back of domains from auction winners, keeping names for private portfolio, lack of support ... I hope the writing is not on the wall, but do you have anything to dell you any different?

Last edited:
•••
I too have had my auth codes rejected when trying to transfer out a domain last week...
Opened ticket - useless.
Called support - still waiting for the callback they promised.

I used to be a BIG fan of theirs, but this is bad news.

•••
UPDATE:

To be fair, I'm back to report that I tried the transfer again today (with new auth code) - Although GoDaddy seemed to reject it again, I did later receive the pheenix confirmation email and I see that the transfer has in fact gone through.

•••
GoDaddy seemed to reject it again, I did later receive the pheenix confirmation email and I see that the transfer has in fact gone through.
What transfer status is finally shown on GoDaddy end? Do you have the domain manageable in GD already? This combination is unusual. I've never seen GoDaddy not accepting the code (and reflecting the same in transfers --> pending transfers) but still processing the transfer with the registry.

Last edited:
•••
What transfer status is finally shown on GoDaddy end? Do you have the domain manageable in GD already? This combination is unusual. I've never seen GoDaddy not accepting the code (and reflecting the same in transfers --> pending transfers) but still processing the transfer with the registry.
Agreed, that sequence of events makes no sense, as godaddy transfer stalls out.

•••
Yeah, I thought is was weird - maybe a delay issue on GD side.

But yes, the domain in safely stored and configured in my GD account.

Hopefully that means that Pheenix is really working through the dropped registrar issue with verisign.

•••
Guys, can we transfer out of pheenix before the lock period? I believe NameBright used to allow that (not sure if they still do) ...

What's odd is that I have few domains in my account in Pheenix that I've already sold and they've been transferred out successfully - but they STILL show in my pheenix account, and i keep getting daily reminders to renew them although they're not mine!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back