IT.COM

question People who own 100 to 5,000 domains, which registrars do you use and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The title pretty much says it all. I'm curious which registrars are the most popular for people with at least 100 domains, and why those particular registrars are of value to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have a problem communicating with someone at Godaddy, simply hang up and call right back. You'll get a different person who can probably help you.

Lol do you say bye first or just hang up while they're talking?

•••
•••
GoDaddy. Even though I hate it most of the time.

But
1. People trust it and usually have or don't mind creating an account for a push if in a 60 day lock period.

2. Godaddy auctions and closeouts. I'm a frequent buyer. Also GoDaddy is 2nd to only my efty landing pages on inbound offers.

3. Domain Discount club for several years and registrations/renewals arent bad.

It's not the best registrar, but it's the most advantageous for my domaining business.

I also have names at dynadot, namesilo and namecheap and name.com. I buy on namepal and pheenix auctions too but usually transfer out.

•••
I think someone earlier in this thread said that GoDaddy supports Sedo MLS, but I don't think this is correct. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

•••
I think someone earlier in this thread said that GoDaddy supports Sedo MLS, but I don't think this is correct. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Hi Nat,

Its me who posted that info.

Godaddy were part of the Sedo MLS in past until the integration of Afternic with GD.

Now Godaddy does not support Sedo MLS premium but still supports standard Sedo MLS.

I have nearly 1000.

1.Namesilo

Pros:
Stable pricing
Free life time privacy
Good Support.
Two-factor authentication.
API access.

Cons:
It doesn't support Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.

2.Godaddy

Pros:
Biggest Registrar.
Good Price (Only for DDC memmbers)
Supports Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.
Good support from Aftermarket Head @Joe Styler

Cons :
Higher Renewal rate.
Ineffective support staff.

3.Dynadot :

Pros:
Fast API access.
Good Support.

Cons :
Little higher pricing than other registrar.

4.NameBright:

Pros:
Cheap Registration, Renewal and Transfer pricing @ $8.03 (You need to prefund your account min)
Good Support. ( I got great support here at NP from its owner @Rebies )
Free Privacy for first year.

Cons :
It doesn't support Sedo MLS and Afternic fast transfer.

5.NameCheap

Pros:
Love their "Black Friday" and "Move your Domain Day" Deals
Normal registration fee
Good Support.

6.Name.com

Pros:
Cheap transfer @ $8.25

Cons :
Little higher pricing for registration and renewal than other registrar.
Very Slow Support.

They are my favorite registrars, I don't have any problem with them.

Also another correction, Name.com doesn't provide Free first year privacy.

•••
fabulous is good 33 day grace

godaddy is good only because it makes the domains more sellable, 18 day grace blows when the industry norm is 30

1 and 1 is the worst the customer service is more like a collection agency

name silo ,class act best bang for buck free privacy ,eventually I want all in there
.:lookaround:

namecheap good had a problem thought the company was a shady ,but checked out ,it is actually a subsidiary of a listed US company.

moniker good

dynadot good

•••
NameCheap is great. When you push a button to buy a domain, or transfer, or whatever, it sends a signal to all the little gnomes that work in their headquarters. Then the gnomes have to pull a bunch of levers and ropes in order to eventually bring the desired action to completion. If you know what I mean -- heaven forbid you ever try to buy multiple names at once :-o

•••
Also another correction, Name.com doesn't provide Free first year privacy.

They do actually. Unless they stopped very recently. Use promo code Privacy Please

•••
Lol do you say bye first or just hang up while they're talking?
After hours at Godaddy premier services is now great ,instead of the call rolling to general population ,it now rolls to managed services department ,which have a small bunch of good people.They also have the redemption codes ,no more 20 min. holds, I guess those surveys helped.

•••
GoDaddy, cause they used to do great $1 coupon offers and that's where mostly everybody else has their domains.

This is the only reason I ever use GoDaddy, and I transfer the domains away as soon as the 60 day hold is off.

•••
Hey guys! The title caught my eye and just wanted to reach out and invite everyone to check out Uniregistry. We just integrated our aftermaket sales platform and rebranded into The Uniregistry Market. We aren't the cheapest registrar but I'll be happy to add discounts depending on the volume of your domains.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at chris @ uniregistry . com

Thanks!

•••
I believe to have your domains in many different registrars as that is more secure. I use GD, NameSilo, Namebright, Domain.com and others.

•••
•••
Hey guys! The title caught my eye and just wanted to reach out and invite everyone to check out Uniregistry. We just integrated our aftermaket sales platform and rebranded into The Uniregistry Market. We aren't the cheapest registrar but I'll be happy to add discounts depending on the volume of your domains.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at chris @ uniregistry . com

Thanks!

I'd like the landing pages more more if we could list BINs. That's not how you all role, which I understand. :)

•••
I use Dynadot because:

- They have a good customer service (with a really useful chat)
- They propose 2 factor authentication for both login and domain transfer
- Their API is simple to use
- They have the best interface I know.

My second choice is generally name.com

•••
1&1 do invoicing & trial offers if that's how you prefer but the site is a bit complicated.
My faves are namesilo easy, no support needed can transfer in expiring/purchased +1yr!
I also like name cheap because I bought a cool domain there, friendly staff, great offers!
Name because you get $5 when you join and has HappyHour Every Thursday Evening.

•••
I'm up to 32, I have lots of ccTLDs, some of these are not in English, which is the only language I know, the ones with the good UI it doesn't matter much. I do make sure I double check exchange rates though.

I still plan to check out OnlineNic and UniRegistry

zoneEE
zemiMK
WebHostAL
rymdweb
RRPproxy
ReslrClub
ResellBiz
regcom
PTWSnet
NicIO
NicFO
NetSol
NetIM
NameSilo
NameISP
namecom
NameCheap
Moniker
Istanco
Irist
HostAL
Host90HR
Hexonet
heberjahiz
GoDaddy
Gandi
eunethosting
DynaDot
dotster
DomainBox
DirectNic
aftermarketPL

•••
Guys, Take a look at Epik.com. They are up and coming. Low cost, nice interface, easy transfer and when they say "Legendary Customer Service" they are not kidding. The other night I had a question and it was about midnight. I sent an email and @robepik emailed me back within 5 minutes with a solution.

Like most, the majority of my portfolios is with Go Daddy, but that is changing. The major advantage GD had was being listed on Premium, but that is now no longer an issue since they purchased Afternic and offer the name at the Afternic buy it now price anyway.

Yep, with $8.10 .com prices for namepros members, a commission free marketplace to list your names for sale, and really great customer support, its no wonder why people are excited about Epik and the word is getting out there..

•••
Yep, with $8.10 .com prices for namepros members, a commission free marketplace to list your names for sale, and really great customer support, its no wonder why people are excited about Epik and the word is getting out there..

Based on the good things you @RL and @NamesMax had said about Epik.com I went to have a look there, as I want to transfer quite a few domains out of Godaddy due to their too high renewal pricing. I liked what I saw about .com registration prices and transfer prices, but on their renewal prices page for .com it's $35.00!! (What the?!) This is twice as high as Godaddy. Is that a mistake? Is that what you pay renewing .com's there? That makes using them long-term unviable for me.

•••
GoDaddy - DDC
NameSilo - Free privacy + price
Dynadot - Auction
Domain - Prices
Dotster - Prices
NetFirms - Prices
Name - Auction
NameCheap - Deals
eNom - Bought domains from eNom resellers
Uniregistry - Great support
Google - Because, it's Google.

•••
Mine are mostly at godaddy (the rest at name.com), I paid the measly DDC club fee after using the coupon and it works out to almost nothing extra per domain so the renewal fees are low enough to keep me satisfied.

•••
@barcher its the same $8.10 rate for .com renewals, not $35.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back