Dynadot

advice PendingDelete but not on DropCatch/NameJet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KnifeCatcher

Established Member
Impact
This is driving me nuts.

An expired domain that I've been impatiently monitoring for a while changed its status two days ago to pendingdelete... however, I cannot find it on NameJet / DropCatch

The registrar is Godaddy.

I thought that all pendingdelete domains could be ordered from DropCatch ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not all domains can be backordered through dropcatch expecially ones registered with godaddy or expired from godaddy

Last edited:
•••
If no one grabs it in the bargain bin at GD it will show as available to catch

•••
Not all domains can be backordered through dropcatch expecially ones registered with godaddy or expired from godaddy

That explains it!

If no one grabs it in the bargain bin at GD it will show as available to catch

Doesn't the bargain bin happen way before pending delete? Im sure no one grabbed it but it's not available.

What Tunababa8v said makes sense though

•••
I checked again and it seems to just have became available at dropcatch. That means that domains are not added to dropcatch as soon as the status changes to pendingdelete but based on the time left

•••
•••
I checked again and it seems to just have became available at dropcatch. That means that domains are not added to dropcatch as soon as the status changes to pendingdelete but based on the time left
pendingDelete is a 5 day period and usually all names (at least .coms) pendingDelete will show up on DC within 12 hours of them getting the pendingDelete status.

•••
Once it enters pending delete it doesn't matter who the registrar was, you will be able to backorder it anywhere.

•••
pendingDelete is a 5/6 day period . try different websites cathc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back