NameSilo

advice Parking domain with email in use?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Motodude

Impact
Hi All,

I have a domain with 235 backlinks still in place from a site I used to have. I use the domain for email still but don't have a web site set up (though I could set one up. I'm an internet developer). I also host web sites so I have my own DNS server.

If I wanted to park the domain and try and get some revenue off of it, can I do that but still have the DNS set up to route email to my mail server?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can use CNAME method for parking instead of the traditional ns1/ns2.company.com for the nameserver. Then you can keep your MX records and any A records reserved for mail and other services. You'll have to check with your parking company on how to set up CNAME method, but they usually offer instructions somewhere in your control panel on where to direct traffic.

•••
I have some domains at 1and1.com and want to park at voodoo.com & use my own [email protected]

Can somebody help.

As per voodoo

How to send traffic to Voodoo.com
There are three ways to park your domain names with Voodoo.com choose only one:

1. Change Your Nameservers:
NS1.VOODOO.COM
NS2.VOODOO.COM

2. Change Your CNAME record to our CNAME record:
CNAME.VOODOO.COM

3. Set the A record on your domain to:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back