IT.COM

Parking Domain Names.. Suggesstions Please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I honestly am very clueless when it comes to this aspect of domain names. However, I am thinking about trying it with a few names.

I have these names:

1. iHandyMan.com
2. SeniorsClick.com
3. BuyHomes4less.com
4. Divorce4less.com

I believe that I would change my DNS to a service like Parked.com. Where I am not sure exactly is that if someone goes to Google and types in Handyman services, would my site come up? Do I come up with the keywords? Or does Parked.com? Any thougths on my names that I am going to try?
Appreciate it!
Brian :)

One more thing, do you think this would be a good name for parking?

And, FocusOnBeauty.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not familiar with parked, but some parking sevices automatically pull keywords, others let you adjust them. i may or nay not get indexed by the search engines. After you have a parking page, you could submit to the SE's in an attempt to get them indexed. I have seen some parked pages in search results, but I think godaddy tries not to let that happen if the page only contains PPC links without any real and unique content.

•••
parked.com actually has some great features, pages look good, you can edit the title and keywords of your pages without using url forwarding right from the control panel and the best one is you can add your own email address to the top for offers or throw in a link to your own site if you run your own domain for sales site which means no middle man as far as sales go, I give the ease of use award to namedrive.com and I give the best additional features award to parked.com, If someone would combine the ease of use of namedrive with the extra features of parked.com and throw in the public traffic tools of sedo.com they would have the ultimate program, I am considering doing this in the future. If your trying to get names in search engines for keywords you can use url forwarding with a frame and set your own keywords or use a service like parked.com that lets you set them right from the control panel. I have been able to get pretty much any parked page within the first few pages of google by using one of the 2 methods. Currently don't have anything parked but still plenty of indexed results within the first 1-10 pages of google from when I did. There may be a program out there that combines all of the features I mentioned but I haven't found one yet that has nice looking pages and good optimization for the total package.

Last edited:
•••
For me the way to go is with mini sites that get indexed and I receive steady and growing traffic & income.

That is with domains that were completely new and not the highest quality either.

•••
park.com is a nice parking service....You may want to try goldkey.com and several others and do some traffic tasting,I have found each parkingservice to perform differently with each name in alot of cases.

•••
I go with minisites with real content that will be indexed. It is the future and companies like 1plus and Seguin have got it right!

•••
abucan said:
...companies like 1plus and Seguin have got it right!
:) BLUSH :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back