NameSilo

Parking Accounts + Buying or Selling = BANNED

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There are many people going around trying to buy Domain Parking Accounts - I'm sure many of you have already encountered this. The reasons behind this for the most part are :

1) PPC Fraud - Hit and Run scam artists use these accounts to run up a decent payout real quick using PPC Fraud

2) The persons country/region is not allowed to have an account According to the Parking company's TOS - It's still Fraud.

3) The person doesn't have enough Quantity or Quality in their portfolio ... Sorry , But it's still Fraud.

Anyone caught asking for or selling Parking Accounts here at Namepros will be banned immediately .... No questions asked - No arguements ....

I encourage Anyone that sees or hears of this Silliness to report it to us Please !!! It's hurting all of us in the long run - I can assure you. ;)

Thanks - Mark :tu:

lieren said:
hello sir ,do you have the parking account ,can you sell it to me ?i need it ,thank you .

lieren Account Suspended

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good move on NP part. :tu:

PS: The website in your sig is suspended.

•••
lzy said:
Good move on NP part. :tu:

PS: The website in your sig is suspended.

:laugh: Well of course it is - Because they were paid 2 weeks ago .... (No offense to any friends in the Hosting Biz - But they suck) :laugh:

•••
Great job Mark, and #1 Namepros! :imho: :kickass:

-Jeff B-)

•••
easy judgment call here. anyone trying to buy/sell parking accounts obviously has some shady business going on. :alien:

•••
Sounds like a change in the rules. Are your going to sticky this thread?

•••
The right move - period.

•••
It's not a change in the rules really - I've been banning people for several months now over it - But after someone was silly enough to PM "ME" this morning trying to buy one :laugh: I figured I better say something.

It's really common sense folks - If something is against another Sites TOS , It's against ours to try and do 'it' here ... and No we don't have time to check every sites TOS on the web - But we will address items as they arise :tu:

•••
ohh at first from the title of the thread i was thinking buying revenue domains n just buy the whole portfolio account..but now that i read the thread ..clears everything its the account only..

•••
Am I dense or do others also not understand about what this hulabaloo is about? I understand PPC fraud, but what is the deal with banning people asking to purchase your domains? Or are people not looking to buy domains, just your parking account (where they then engage in click fraud)?

•••
Parking ACCOUNTS folks .... Nothing to do with Domains at all ....

•••
Mark said:
Parking ACCOUNTS folks .... Nothing to do with Domains at all ....
Okay, make sense. You'll have to forgive me. Happy hour impacts comprehension....

•••
:laugh: No Problemo Fonzie - A few peeps have misconstrued what I meant as well ;)

•••
Sticked...Stuck... whatever you want to call it.

:tu:

-Steve

•••
'ilovedomain' Banned and he had a former account 'addcolor' which was already closed ;)

Thanks Steve :tu:

•••
I had one today and as the sender already had their account suspended, Id guessed you guys were already onto him :tu:

•••
That is ridicoulus.

If I just bought my first domain, there are many things I may or may not understand.

As a newbie I would be looking over all the forums to learn about the domain business.

Are you saying if I read about buying an account and asked to buy one and was doing so out of ignorance, I would get banned?

Yes many are doing this and know better. They are trying to commit fraud. Some as I have witnessed in this forum have asked to buy and were informed it is fraudulent, and they said they did not know. Are you going to ban a member who knows nothing about domains for following their passion to grow the domain business they just discovered? Thats harsh.

I wonder why Namepros would be the disiplinary enforcers anyway?. It is up to the parking providers to police this and keep it out, and it is up to individual members who are asked to sell their accounts to straighten out the fraudsters.

If it was such a concern for the parking companies all they would have to do is make it harder to have an account change. Namepros is not in the parking business and it is not their business to make policy for the parking companies. If I owned a parking company and I wanted zero tolerance for selling or changing an account to a new owner, I would make the software that would enable my policy.

So with this policy why not police everything!.

Ban anyone who does not have their "who is" up to date. That is fraudulent too. Ban also every member who have names parked that are typos or tm. Ban all who purchase traffic if they know it is not ok with their parking provider.

Ban everyone who breaks a parking rule. That is the fair way. Would we then have very many members here?

•••
goodkarmaco said:
That is ridicoulus.

If I just bought my first domain, there are many things I may or may not understand.

As a newbie I would be looking over all the forums to learn about the domain business.

Are you saying if I read about buying an account and asked to buy one and was doing so out of ignorance, I would get banned?

Yes many are doing this and know better. They are trying to commit fraud. Some as I have witnessed in this forum have asked to buy and were informed it is fraudulent, and they said they did not know. Are you going to ban a member who knows nothing about domains for following their passion to grow the domain business they just discovered? Thats harsh.

I wonder why Namepros would be the disiplinary enforcers anyway?. It is up to the parking providers to police this and keep it out, and it is up to individual members who are asked to sell their accounts to straighten out the fraudsters.

If it was such a concern for the parking companies all they would have to do is make it harder to have an account change. Namepros is not in the parking business and it is not their business to make policy for the parking companies. If I owned a parking company and I wanted zero tolerance for selling or changing an account to a new owner, I would make the software that would enable my policy.

So with this policy why not police everything!.

Ban anyone who does not have their "who is" up to date. That is fraudulent too. Ban also every member who have names parked that are typos or tm. Ban all who purchase traffic if they know it is not ok with their parking provider.

Ban everyone who breaks a parking rule. That is the fair way. Would we then have very many members here?
Ignorance is not an excuse.

Who says we ban people for not having their who is up to date?

We do not condone people who break rules of our website or do business to break the rules of companies through our website. Most of our members are legitimate people who follow the rules. Those members are allowed to go about business as usual, without question.

Being born in 1952 (as stated in your profile) and from Washington, a state of the United States, I would imagine that you would not think about playing the "ignorance" card to police or other law enforcement.

-Steve

•••
Steve,

you are reading "into" what I said. Where did you get that I said Namepros bans those who don't have their "who is" updated?.

If I ask you if you are going to the store, that is not the same as saying you are going to the store, so read what I said again.

I said if you "are" going to ban a person for asking if they want to sell their parking accounts, then Namepros should also ban every member who has outdated "Who is" info. that seems fair to me.

Also I said to make it fair, Namepros should ban every member who does other actions that are not according to their parking terms of agreement, such as ban every member here who sends adwords to a parking page that their tos bans.

Now that I have said some other things, please do not "read into" them

If policy is so harsh here that if a "newbie" simply asks if they can buy a parking account and immediatley is banned, not to many new members will want to stay at Namepros, lol. Does that sound like a smart business plan?

Being a moderator requires the ability to have some sense of reasoning imagine.

Last edited:
•••
Are mods also looking via the forum search results, of members who inquired about buying parking accounts?

I would think it would be a good way to cull a few more members...

goodkarmaco said:
Steve,

you are reading "into" what I said. Where did you get that I said Namepros bans those who don't have their "who is" updated?.

If I ask you if you are going to the store, that is not the same as saying you are going to the store, so read what I said again.

I said if you "are" going to ban a person for asking if they want to sell their parking accounts, then Namepros should also ban every member who has outdated "Who is" info. that seems fair to me.

Also I said to make it fair, Namepros should ban every member who does other actions that are not according to their parking terms of agreement, such as ban every member here who sends adwords to a parking page that their tos bans.

Now that I have said some other things, please do not "read into" them

If policy is so harsh here that if a "newbie" simply asks if they can buy a parking account and immediatley is banned, not to many new members will want to stay at Namepros, lol. Does that sound like a smart business plan?

Being a moderator requires the ability to have some sense of reasoning imagine.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Innocent "newbie" ? :rolleyes: yeah....

There is no valid reason for purchasing a parking account.
It's free to set up one provided you meet the requirements. If you don't then don't insist, try later.
The only valid motive for buying one is simple: to defraud the provider, with your ID & SSN and reputation to fork.
Besides selling of parking accounts is against the terms of the parking providers so it's reason enough not to allow that kind of trade here.

BTW I am purchasing clean bank accounts. I won't do anything illegal with them.
I swear.

•••
Newbie or not - The TOS of Parking sites are required to be read and agreed upon anyway ....

Thats like saying you are allowed to Rob one bank without punishment because you didn't Read all of your local Jurisdictions Laws ....

•••
Its not always fraud

I agree that lots of fraud is going on here and it is good to ban members who are knowingly trying to buy parking accounts.

It is easy for the mods to see the difference between a newbie asking a innocent question and a person wanting to commit fraud. The person wanting to commit fraud is asking many members if they will sell their accounts. The person who is a newbie will only ask once.

What I don't think is good is to AUTOMATICALLY ban a person who asks on this forum to buy one. Why? Simply because they are new to domaining and have no idea it is wrong.

How many times a day do we see newbies ask how to do something that is prohibited for domainers to do? Almost everyday!. Are they asking because they want to commit fraud? No, they are asking because they are confused and think that is how they get a parking account.

Mark, your statement that you are required to read the parking tos and the policy is stated there is fine if the person is not a newbie. Most newbies have not joined a parking company yet and that is why they are in this forum asking about buying one, that point seems to be difficult to grasp?

I suppose mods if they wanted to could go to the newbie section a lay in wait and as soon as a newbie asks what is buying a parking account, I want to do that, then instantly ban them. The trouble with doing that is we are being to harsh to those who do not have the knowledge that is wrong.

If all forums instantly banned a newbie for asking such a question, we would not have many new members. Do you remember when you were a new domainer, everything is confusing and it takes a good while to know the rights and wrongs of this business.

We are pros here and we know better. Just because we know better we cannot expect new domainers to automatically have a full grasp of parking domains.

Oh and another thing, in refrence to doing something illegal regarding real police. They cut people slack too. For instance, you will be arrested if you drive 85 miles a hour in Washington State. If you EXPLAIN the reason is your child in the back seat fell off his bike and blood is gushing from his head the officer will have a different action. The police officer will jump back in his car, turn the siren on and ask you to follow him at 90 miles a hour to the hospital.

I am sure this may make a little more work for the mods as some will automatically say they did not know, but if after a warning they continue asking to buy accounts that is a different story and "you're outta here" is then warranted.

All I ever said in this thread is, those who do not know they are commiting fraud should be cut some slack.

Last edited:
•••
IMHO your comparisons are flawed.
Even a newbie is not going to purchase something that normally can be had for free, provided that you meet the requirements.
Believe me, those who ask to purchase accounts know what they are doing.
Anyway, the biggest risk is on the seller, not the buyer.
It's just like lending your bank account to Nigerian scammers for the purpose of laundering ill-gotten money.

•••
1. It is one thing for someone to create a thread asking if buying parking accounts is allowed.

2. It is another thing entirely for someone to spam PM members asking to buy their accounts.

3. IMHO, it would not be good for any NP members if it became known that this is a venue for buying/selling parking accounts.

4. Instant ban may be a little harsh in *some* genuine cases of not knowing any better

5. Not sure if it is practical for mods to investigate every case and decide if the activity is fraudulent or merely ignorant. ( no way I'd volunteer for that job! )

6. Are we talking temporary bans or permanent bans? Would a warning/temp ban followed by a permanent ban for a second offence be practical?

just my 2 cents.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back