NameSilo

Parking Accounts + Buying or Selling = BANNED

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There are many people going around trying to buy Domain Parking Accounts - I'm sure many of you have already encountered this. The reasons behind this for the most part are :

1) PPC Fraud - Hit and Run scam artists use these accounts to run up a decent payout real quick using PPC Fraud

2) The persons country/region is not allowed to have an account According to the Parking company's TOS - It's still Fraud.

3) The person doesn't have enough Quantity or Quality in their portfolio ... Sorry , But it's still Fraud.

Anyone caught asking for or selling Parking Accounts here at Namepros will be banned immediately .... No questions asked - No arguements ....

I encourage Anyone that sees or hears of this Silliness to report it to us Please !!! It's hurting all of us in the long run - I can assure you. ;)

Thanks - Mark :tu:

lieren said:
hello sir ,do you have the parking account ,can you sell it to me ?i need it ,thank you .

lieren Account Suspended

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hey NC,

IMHO, it would not be good for any NP members if it became known that this is a venue for buying/selling parking accounts.

Correcto, we noticed a rise in this recently and thats why this rule was put into play.

Instant ban may be a little harsh in *some* genuine cases of not knowing any better

When you sign up here, you agree to follow the rules.

Not sure if it is practical for mods to investigate every case and decide if the activity is fraudulent or merely ignorant. ( no way I'd volunteer for that job! )

Most of the time it's newer members, who just sign up to PM spam us. That is the only intention they have.

Are we talking temporary bans or permanent bans? Would a warning/temp ban followed by a permanent ban for a second offence be practical?

No warnings when it comes to fraud and click fraud here...... Permanent ban. Of course if they feel the need to question the ban, they can always post in the 'Account Closed' forum. ;)

-Bill

•••
Bill said:
When you sign up here, you agree to follow the rules.
Good point!
Bill said:
Of course if they feel the need to question the ban, they can always post in the 'Account Closed' forum. ;)
Another good point! Forget what I said. Bring on the Insta-Ban-O-Matic.

•••
I have no idea how you guys jump to the concept that every newbie knows the rules here. Duh.. they are a newbie and have NO knowledge of domain parking.

You stating they know the rules is not true!.

Of course I want all who are from Nigeria and want to do fraudelent actions by way of buying our accounts to be banned.

But on the same hand I don't want some poor domainer who read some post somewhere about buying parking accounts come here and simply ask to buy one and then get pounced on by Nampros.

It is a big difference if someone is intentionaly trying to do something illegal like that and the newbie who asks if he too can get into the parking business and to him that may mean buying an account. To him that is how you get into parking.

What is not tolerable to me is the mods or other members not wanting to take the time to educate the new person, or it may not be a new person at all, it may be a person who has not seen this post. So he/she will also get instantly banned?

Maybe the mods will want to go into the newbie section and see how much newbies really know.

Banning people who are trying to defraud us or the parking companies is what I support. I also support not banning a person if they are thinking what they are doing is right as they have not been told it is wrong.

Go ahead ban them, I don't care. I don't spam anyone and it does not affect me.

cheery-oh.

Last edited:
•••
Franky I don't understand you.
Just give ONE valid reason why someone newbie or not would want to buy a parking account :-/

•••
goodkarmaco, let it be. Your wrong here.

No noob is going to try and buy something he wont need for a few months. How many domains did you have before you got a parking account? And even if a noob needed an account he'd try and find out what it costs before offering to 'buy' one.

Its all over the place, these guys are scammers and scammers are scum which needs to be eradicated. Not worth your time, leave it be.

Last edited:
•••
I have no idea how you guys jump to the concept that every newbie knows the rules here.

When they sign up - They agree to them .... It's not our problem if they don't read them and investigate further. Just like the post I just deleted in this very thread - Someone new asked where to buy them .......

•••
I think all good is asking is that you don't instaban all of them. At least check their history. If the ip is not one of someone who was already banned, give them the benefit of the doubt for just a minute.

When I first started out, I was unable to get a parked.com account because my names sucked(there, I said it).

So I might have come on here and asked if there was a way to buy or get an account if I bought someones great name. (I didn't, because I knew I couldn't afford it)

So according to the new rule, I would get an instaban for being new.

Now, I agree with the whole banning of the true scum that do this, but I think it is only fair to check out a new person first. Bare minimum, at least validate if their ip has been banned before because of problems. If it hasn't, close the thread, delete it, give a stern warning and see what they do. If they continue down that path, ban them. If they say, "whoops, didn't know, sorry", then let them go on. They could turn out to be a great resource. Or at least the next schlub to buy my crappy names.

•••
TheBulldog said:
If they say, "whoops, didn't know, sorry", then let them go on. They could turn out to be a great resource. Or at least the next schlub to buy my crappy names.

I guess that is what good is saying too.

Given, though an instaban is rare.

Cheers!

•••
I think it's a good move to ban. While other forums look the other way, namepros is taking a stance. A noob whether 20 or 70 years of age reads the rules and signs the agreement. One should have enough common sense to k now that buying someone elses adsense, or parking account is covert. It's not like its black market goods. If you qualify you will get the account, if you have to wait two weeks or a month to get it, you wait. If you need to know someone to get an invite, you build positive alliances.

There is no reason that common sense will give, to buy someone elses account.
Except, if it is for covert reasons, or impatience. I don't buy the noob mistake. I guess if it were a matter of impatience, I site the example of someone cutting in line. If you had been waiting and someone sneaks in line in front of you, do you allow this? Or, would you just watch as someone paid someone $5 to take their place?

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
How many times a day do we see newbies ask how to do something that is prohibited for domainers to do? Almost everyday!. Are they asking because they want to commit fraud? No, they are asking because they are confused and think that is how they get a parking account.
I'm not sure where they would get that idea, but that's one misconception we'd like to put an end to. Allowing the sales of parking accounts would be counterproductive to that.

I've never known a newbie naturally assume that the way to get a parking account is to purchase it. It would be nice to know who's propagating this info. Seems like almost all users that are requesting to buy parking accounts are here for the sole purpose of buying parking accounts, and usually go right to spamming people by PM looking for them.

If anything, I strive to keep our rules and policing fair. This is not a situation where a good member who accidentally asks an innocent question is going to be blocked for life. We have avenues in place where members with suspended accounts can communicate with us, and where appropriate bans are converted into temp bans or warnings.

We've always taken a proactive role at eliminating fraud at NamePros and following up on cases of member to member fraud. Keep in mind, almost all of the popular parking companies are also members of NamePros.

Thanks for the feedback.

RJ

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Of course I want all who are from Nigeria and want to do fraudelent actions by way of buying our accounts to be banned.

QUOTE]

i think you need to stop stereotyping and generalizing. fraudulent stuff happens in all countries, and some are just more publicized than others.

•••
I can tell you if I couldn't get my own account because
I didn't quite yet meet the qualifications, just the thought
of having to purchase an account from someone to get one faster
- automatically tells me I am doing something wrong!
and that's not newbiness - it's just common sense!

•••
kemjika11,

I was not the person who posted the words, banning of people who are from Nigeria. I was responding to it by saying I too want people banned who are from a country made up of scams, and who are doing fraudelent things. Again, don't read words into my statements by claiming I am saying all people who are in Nigeria are scammers. Its also true too that alot of scams oringinate from India. Saying that I do not mean all people from India are involved in scams as many developers are in India and they are doing great things for the internet.

Many good points have been made here and I am satisfied by Rjs, comments that if a person is wrongfully banned because of ignorance, that in the future they may be reinstated.

I have had a dialogue here, each side of the issue has now been discussed and I am not having concerns anymore. That is what this forum provides a open dialogue. :)

•••
Very Serious

Mark said:
Anyone caught asking for or selling Parking Accounts here at Namepros will be banned immediately .... No questions asked - No arguements ....
I encourage Anyone that sees or hears of this Silliness to report it to us Please !!! It's hurting all of us in the long run - I can assure you. ;)
Thanks - Mark :tu:
lieren Account Suspended

Hi Mark,

If the emails I've gotten are true then this is truly hurting our industry in a massive way.

I'm not sure if it's some kind of mass email to people who have accounts at certain companies but since I opened a certain parking account I've gotten a few emails in my main business email account from one of these scammers...

This person claims to be female and already have control of at least 100,000 accounts which earn them between $500,000 to $1,000,000 every month...

That's really very sad, we all suffer from there actions and it really takes a toll on the future of the parking industry...

I WILL NOT sell or let anyone use any of my parking accounts but I did lead her on a little trying to find out as much as possible about what was going on.

Dave C.

•••
How do you buy/sell a parking account? Im confused.

•••
'Pooree ramayana sunke bhaiyya puchchat hain sita mata kaun rahi?'

Read the entire thread domainer50.

Might just lead to enlightenment. ;)

Last edited:
•••
What does it mean to "buy Domain Parking Accounts"?

I know many registrars offer free parking with the purchase of a domain name, but I don't follow how you can buy a parking account without having a domain -- but perhaps that's not what this is all about.

On a related note, I have a question: in GoDaddy domain monitoring, I have seen some domains that say something to the effect of, "The domain may be available in [say, 4 days]. The owner may be testing this domain for domain monetization purposes and has [e.g., 4 days] to reserve the domain. We recommend that you place a backorder on this domain [because there is a good chance that you will get it]."

Is this a "Domain Parking Account"? I actually backordered a domain that has this disclaimer and I won the backorder in a few days...

Seems like people temporarily register a domain for a week and then drop it. How do they do this? Which registrars allow this?

Last edited:
•••
I would wager a guess that no long time NP member would spam the board with requests to buy a parking account - they simply know better than that and for the off-chance that someone still does, then they don't have any business here to begin with.
The situation changes slightly with new members as they may really be totally new to domaining and don't know their "bottom from a hole in the ground" - at the same time, the larger amount of people that are out to orchestrate a scam or fraud, outweigh the minority of banned people who just didn't know better.
As so often, you can't make everyone happy, yet frankly I'd rather see a few unhappy faces than the majority of NP raising questions about the sincerity of our community.

IB

•••
What would prevent someone (who has been banned) from taking 1 minute out of their day and re registering under a different name on namepros with a different email address? If they are crafty enough to set up a criminal enterprise on the internet, I would assume they are smart enough to figure out how to create a new namepros id. If its an ip ban, im sure they know how to switch their ip address if they are doing what they are doing and profiting. It doesnt seem like it would effect any of these people trying to buy parking accounts. I must be missing something here.

•••
cjbay said:
What would prevent someone (who has been banned) from taking 1 minute out of their day and re registering under a different name on namepros with a different email address?

NP moderators?

Such people eventually got caught out.

Can we close this pls?

•••
•••
and he IMed Mark wanting to purchase, I love it. Somebody left
a door unlocked someplace. Guy is way too stupid to be runnin' loose.
My first time back here in a long time. Feels like comin' home.

Magic

•••
"Why", would be my first thought? I've been in the business a few years and never heard or thought of such a scheme. A flag would rise immediately if I was asked to sell my parking accounts. Wouldn't virtually everyone ask why? Just seems strange. Logic, even to a new domainer should make him ask himself, what's wrong with this picture:rolleyes:. I think it is an honorable rule of Namepros to immediately ban others caught trying to purchase other peoples parking accounts. I also think anyone caught selling their parking accounts should be banned in addition! We have enough problems with the ignorant media wrongfully calling us dishonorable names as it is. We must give our business a good name at all times as we pioneer the future and build a strong foundation for others following in our footsteps. There is just no room for cheaters in our business.

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted drop a big shoutout to the folks running NP for their proactive stance.

Fraud is something that every domainer needs to be concerned about. When someone ClickFrauds the people who are ultimately hurt are the honest domain owners. The advertisers will adjust their adspend according to results (conversions) and CF knocks down those results. Hit them hard enough and they might even quit PPC altogether. G & Y have to pay lipservice to stamping out the problem but their losses get passed on to us. Every dollar that's lost to CF is ultimately 2 out of the honest domainers pocket.

Anyone trying to buy a parking account is obviously trying to commit fraud. There's no f'n way they arn't. The scammers are gettin more and more desperate because parking companies are getting better at excluding them. Since Klickerz lost over 250k earlier this year to CF we won't even open a new account for someone who isn't well established and can prove they have a good rep. Still I get 4 or 5 aps a day that are clearly scammers. Doesn't cost them much to try.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back