IT.COM

Parked.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
troopscott said:
I switched about a month ago (over 1k names) and I am really impressed with there pay. I am averaging 1.85 RPC with some domains paying close to 7.00 per click. I had been parked at sedo thank got I saw the light.

I wanted to get with them but got denied. Good to hear about the increase.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
troopscott said:
I have just started recently getting into non-.com's and i cant be any happier. There are still some keyword rich domains left in other extensions and when it comes to parking those ads pay the same on .coms as they do on .net or .org or .name google and ayhoo will still sell you ads to help drive traffic. One other search engine I get quite a bit of traffic from and gives you $25 in PPC free to sign up is http://www.searchjerk.com I get about 200 visits a month from them to my portfolio and am still using the free $25 bucks.

Do not use these kind of small PPC search engines to drive traffic to your parked domains, PARKED.com will suspend your account. Parked.com only allow Adwords traffic. Am I right donny?

BTW here you can find out 110 PPC search engines which gives you $25-$50 sign up bonus http://www.payperclicksearchengines.com/directory/free-ppc-traffic-bonus-deals/

But do not use them to drive traffic to your parked domains. Only use them to drive traffic to your developed domains.

•••
We removed .be about a year ago do to 98% of the domains were doing some type of fraud. SDX has been asking me about it for a while now to add .be back in so I'll get it added back in on Tuesday.

We bought camping.net and wrestling.org at an auction recently, camping.net does much better than wrestling.org. But we also paid less for the .org than the .net. I don't have a problem buying .net and .org generic domains. Sometimes you get some really good deals.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
We removed .be about a year ago do to 98% of the domains were doing some type of fraud. SDX has been asking me about it for a while now to add .be back in so I'll get it added back in on Tuesday.

We bought camping.net and wrestling.org at an auction recently, camping.net does much better than wrestling.org. But we also paid less for the .org than the .net. I don't have a problem buying .net and .org generic domains. Sometimes you get some really good deals.

Donny

Great...Thanks Donny! :)
Proof is in the pudding...PARKED.COM listens and DELIVERS! :tu:

•••
so it was you guys who bought wrestling.org :) . . . I see you also own a few x,xxx,xxx ultra premium domains . .. do you guys actually make more money on your own portfolio than the parking service?

Donny said:

Donny

•••
hitchhiker said:
DN,
question for you. how well does your non-.com domains perform?

I've been with Parked for 6 weeks or so but all stats seem to be doing better and better week after week so far.

I'm not going to display all of the numbers here but the non-.com names seem to perform pretty good. Just make sure they are very generic/ short & descriptive

•••
Donny your candor is very helpful. You certainly show us more of the ins and outs of parking than anyone before you.

Roderick

•••
Okay , i've only got around 15 names parked at parked.com , but i'm getting little or no traffic, the names are not typein typo type names , but i've only had these names registered for about a week or so with parked.com , am i expecting to much to soon ? do i need to leave them parked for a while for search engines to pick up on the sites etc? help and advice please.

•••
just wondering said:
Okay , i've only got around 15 names parked at parked.com , but i'm getting little or no traffic, the names are not typein typo type names , but i've only had these names registered for about a week or so with parked.com , am i expecting to much to soon ? do i need to leave them parked for a while for search engines to pick up on the sites etc? help and advice please.

If the domain names are new and have not traffic, dont wait for the parking to gain them, imo are death domains :td:

•••
Domain split in parked stats

I got question,

What is exactly the meaning of domain split in parked keyword setting ?

I can't find any match keyword if I use three keywords or more, but there's no problem with 2 keywords.

Maybe somebody got this experience.

•••
dherwan said:
I got question,

What is exactly the meaning of domain split in parked keyword setting ?

I can't find any match keyword if I use three keywords or more, but there's no problem with 2 keywords.

Maybe somebody got this experience.

I believe it's just where/when the keyword splits incorrectly. I found one just minutes ago. The name is MusicVideoSales.com but it had the keywords as Music Videos Ales which I just changed to Music Video.

•••
So, what is exactly the function of domain split ?

It's needed or not ?

•••
dherwan said:
So, what is exactly the function of domain split ?

It's needed or not ?

Hi Dherwan,

Someone more experienced may be able to answer better but I think it is just the systems automated way of helping set your keywords. Much of the time it gets them right so I say it's much needed and I've also ~heard~ that some of the ones that it gets wrong will self correct over time with optimization through visitor direction. It guess it helps most when you have many names in particular.

DN's with the word adult can set wrong also. A little off course here because it doesn't have to do with the DN split but I've got AdultCaskets.com and it originally had the picture of a casket but sexual content. I couldn't get it to change correctly so I had to contact PARKED and it was corrected in no time.

Last edited:
•••
Dian - Yes. The domain split is how our automated system takes a domain like carpartsexpress.com and turns it into "car parts express", we then use this as the primary keyword for the domain. If this is incorrect on one of your domains, please update it.

Donny

•••
just noticed Parked is down again...what updates do they have planned next?!

•••
We are trying to make stats slower than they are normally. :)

Actually one of our machines in our cluster had a bad memory light come on so we decided to replace the memory. And sometimes it's easier just to throw up the down page then happen to run across an error.

5 minutes 38 seconds downtime.

Donny

•••
ya i noticed it was back up very quickly - thanks!

•••
Mine hasn't changed in a while. I was logged in when it went down.

Yesterday (Labor Day)and today (Tuesday)were really slow for me at Parked after a pretty good Saturday and Sunday.

Hoping things pick up

Donny said:
We are trying to make stats slower than they are normally. :)

So far you;re doing a nice job of it. Mine haven't moved for around an hour or so. Here we go again.

•••
same here...i'm definitely not getting updates every 15 minutes...my stats get updated maybe 3-4/times throughout an entire day....has been like that for the past week

not really a huge problem, just a bit frustrating when I wanna keep checking my stats :)

•••
They are either busy fixing the stats problem and/or adding more features at the moment.

I don't worry about the stats at parked - they always update and they always pay when they say they will.

•••
troopscott said:
donny what gives with the stats

I don't see how any of todays can show up if yesterdays isn't even cought up yet.

All though just pennies like .85 cents showed up for today and yesterdays is still way behind.

Where are all the upgrades? Can you tell me where to look? I don't find any!

Last edited:
•••
I think it's me. Every time I move my domains somewhere, it dies.

•••
•••
how do you guys figure the 1 page lander?

•••
Parked.com, URL Frame, Address Bar URL

For the record, I LOVE Parked.com as well as Fabulous.com. Both companies have outstanding customer service, and I applaud them both for continuing to step up their game. Parked.com has recently added custom photo landers, which is highly welcomed, and Fabulous has just rolled out their PLUS program, with unique, rotating landers and an auto-optimization feature which kicks butt! Kudos to both!

That being said, I'm looking for a solution regarding Parked.com's landing pages when your domain name is not resolved in the address bar of the browser. For example, when they subfeed your traffic to meanwhile.com or mustangranch.com. It's not helpful, in terms of branding, to have meanwhile.com/?xxxxxxxxx.com or mustangranch.com/?xxxxxxxxx.com in the address bar for your web surfers.

I've contacted my CSR at Parked.com and haven't found a solution there.

I realize that framing *may* be an option, which I have tried without success. But my drawback there is that most of my domains are registered where I am unable to do url framing (or url forwarding), as eNom does.

Rather than transferring these domains to eNom, is there another solution? The problem does not exist to all of my Parked.com domains, just a select few... ones which we were not able to optimize using the internal Yahoo! keywords, and thus my csr had to manually hard-code them.

I've read mixed reviews on what framed pages may or may not do in terms of the search engines. My test run for the few domains that I did move to eNom and send to Parked.com via url framing is still short-term, but thus far, it does appear that the framing is negatively impacting RPM and CTR.

Anyone else with this problem, or any solutions/advice? I'd be most appreciative. Thanks!

(Please pardon if this problem has been previously addressed... I did an advanced search of the forums and did not find any relevant posts).

•••
Any news on when Parked.com is coming back online , i just seem to get the screen that says , sorry we've had one of are major servers down .

Anyone got a update for this?????

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back