NameSilo

Parked.com

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
troopscott said:
I switched about a month ago (over 1k names) and I am really impressed with there pay. I am averaging 1.85 RPC with some domains paying close to 7.00 per click. I had been parked at sedo thank got I saw the light.

I wanted to get with them but got denied. Good to hear about the increase.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At this time there won't be an option to put the text above the fold.

Donny

•••
I thought we had the stats thing figured out? My estimates are still having delays. Its not a big deal really but every time I see that * I get nervous. :lol:

•••
Donny - what would you say is the one most important thing that gets people to visit parked domains ? And how do they find the domains in the first place, given that they are unlikely to be on page 1 of Google ?

•••
I would say that the most important things that get people to visit your domain is direct type-in traffic from your domain either being a generic term or a typo of one, as well as from people being directed there through either backlinks or search engines.

Donny, when you say, "Actually we purge your domains at least once every 5 days, in many cases more often than that. So our system re-optimizes, adds additional "learned" keywords and if new images have been added they are then updated."

Does this mean that your system is going to choose a better keyword for a domain that I have parked in at your company if one becomes available? For example if I park a Segway related domain and your system chooses the wrong definition of Segway, then you guys make a template and keyword for it, will the system automatically change this to the new template keyword? Also, how does this work if we have manually set the keyword and template?

Thanks a lot, Parked Rocks!

•••
COMPLAINT TO BE FILED AGAINST PARKED.COM

Been with Parked.com for several months and suddenly on Monday I received a message notifying me that my account was terminated because I posted ads on craiglist and one of my medicare related websites included links about mesothelioma treatment options. Since Parked.com does not have a phone number to talk to a real person, I had to email them to explain that I did not know that announcing the websites on craiglists was improper and that Medicare related portals concern medical issues and medicare ICD9 codes cover mesothelioma. Therefore, the medicare website was a proper portal for mesothelioma-asbestos information.

Well, parked.com responded that they really had no major problems with the craiglist posting, but they had a problem with mesothelioma links on my medicare website portal.
I have requested that they pay me the revenue generated and they have not responded. An example of penny wise dollar foolish.

Copies of all messages have been sent to my attorneys and they are looking forward to filing suits and complains against Parked.com and all of their providers as well. The attorneys say that at minimum it should cost parked.com thousands to defend the charges, that their providers would not welcome being involved and that this may force parked.com to open their books allowing the public to look into their accounting methods. Finally a way to discover what they really do.

I hereby invite anyone who has been adversely affected by parked.com to contact me and possibly join the lawsuit.

I will be placing ads on numerous news papers, forums and all kinds of venues announcing the complaints and inviting anyone who has been taken advantage of by Parked.com. I am sure they should be many.

By the way, beware of any one who hides behind email addresses and does not provide ways to contact them directly.

•••
grwolz said:
I thought we had the stats thing figured out? My estimates are still having delays. Its not a big deal really but every time I see that * I get nervous. :lol:

I 'm the same. Mine are actually looking pretty good so far today (Wednesday) but were really lagging yesterday (Tuesday). Yesterday they would go for at Least 4 hours or more before doing any up-dating.

•••
Rbt33176 - You click on your own domains and you spammed craigslist. At least you got paid some before we terminated your account. Maybe we should come after that money, because all of your clicks are fraudulent based on my analysis.

And we don't hide behind email addresses, I actually have 3 customers coming to our office on Friday for lunch.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
And we don't hide behind email addresses, I actually have 3 customers coming to our office on Friday for lunch.

Donny

See how you do me :lol: I want/need lunch with you more than anyone and your just hop away from me.

•••
Complaint against Parked.com

Donny said:
Rbt33176 - You click on your own domains and you spammed craigslist. At least you got paid some before we terminated your account. Maybe we should come after that money, because all of your clicks are fraudulent based on my analysis.

Donny

No Sir, I never clicked on any of my domains. Your analysis is wrong, but you will get a chance to provide evidence.

Food for thought:
Last December I fired an employee whom was stealing merchandise from our warehouse. His year end bonus of $3500 was deducted to make up for what he had been taking. In March he filed suit against us and although we feel that he would never win in court, our attorneys fees so far are about $12,000. This is not counting more discovery, depositions that we must take and possibly the final trial. Our attorneys have advised us to consider settling the case now and count our loses because even if we win in court, our final cost will exceed $50,000.

Now, in principal I know that we are doing the right thing, but financially our decision was not very wise. Three years ago, a similar issue cost us over $200,000 in attorneys fees to win over a $15,000 claim.

In your case, you know that your claims are without base, that your latest email already downplays the craiglist ads and that the medicare site is an appropriate platform for mesathelioma information.

Furthermore, you are pocketing the revenue generated by my account and who know if other people will join and this will get out of control for you.

The approximately $1500 that you are refusing to pay now may become thousands more in legal cost and opening your books.

The decision is yours.

•••
Come on down, we are just in Tampa. Or we can always meet up at one of the shows, Traffic is in October, which should be fun.

Sleepys - Your Segway template is now available. Sorry I haven't responded to your other messages. And yes, after the 5 days we would "correct" your domain. Unless you go do it yourself. :)

troopscott - Just tell your account manager what you think frenchlick.in should be and they can do it.

Donny

•••
Rbt33176 said:
No Sir, I never clicked on any of my domains. Your analysis is wrong, but you will get a chance to provide evidence.

Food for thought:
Last December I fired an employee whom was stealing merchandise from our warehouse. His year end bonus of $3500 was deducted to make up for what he had been taking. In March he filed suit against us and although we feel that he would never win in court, our attorneys fees so far are about $12,000. This is not counting more discovery, depositions that we must take and possibly the final trial. Our attorneys have advised us to consider settling the case now and count our loses because even if we win in court, our final cost will exceed $50,000.

Now, in principal I know that we are doing the right thing, but financially our decision was not very wise. Three years ago, a similar issue cost us over $200,000 in attorneys fees to win over a $15,000 claim.

In your case, you know that your claims are without base, that your latest email already downplays the craiglist ads and that the medicare site is an appropriate platform for mesathelioma information.

Furthermore, you are pocketing the revenue generated by my account and who know if other people will join and this will get out of control for you.

The approximately $1500 that you are refusing to pay now may become thousands more in legal cost and opening your books.

The decision is yours.

First we have 3 attorneys that work for us and our CEO is an attorney. I don't think we will have any attorneys fees associated with any lawsuit filed against us.

The email from your account manager was sent based on me telling him to tell you to stop spamming craigslist after I received a call from them about your spamming and he was supposed to tell you to stop. As I continued to look at your account I started seeing some interesting things. Like that not on a single day did you ever have a click before 9am and usually not before 12pm, but then their are clicks for the rest of the day. That's usually a sure sign of fraud. There are many other major areas that you are committing fraud, but I don't want to go into them since I guess I will be seeing you in court.

I guess your domains weren't doing that well by themselves, since you were terminated 2 days ago and your domains still point nowhere. All of the revenue that was generated by your account has been reported to our providers as fraud and they will be removing it from our account. So in some cases we may be out all of the money that was generated.

Donny

•••
Great, I will upload the Segway one now. Please feel free to hold off on my other questions till you have a free minute. You obviously have very pressing matters currently, like angry customers and system upgrades.
On the automatic correcting. Does it do it once, 5 days after the domain has been on your system, or about every 5 days, for each and every domain. For example, if I had a domain and the systems divides the 2 or 3 word combinations into what seems to be a nonsensical group of keywords. Like if the word "happy" is in the domain and the system divides it into "hap py". If we keep the keyword, at some point it should get corrected automatically by the system, but if we change it to "happy" or happy something, then the system won't automatically correct, because we have set out own keyword? How long should we wait if the keyword is wrong to see if the system will fix it? It sound good to me that the system is automatically checking to fix my domains that are not set to the right keyword or template, but it also seems that the more we optimize ourselves, the less we will be able to take advantage of the auto optimizing, right?
Also, what is the deal with people posting their domains on message boards like these for you guys and the other companies? I thought that was against the rules for all parking companies.
Thanks

•••
I dont know how to add contents but i have tried to customize another one
www.MuttGuide.com

•••
Donny said:
First we have 3 attorneys that work for us and our CEO is an attorney. I don't think we will have any attorneys fees associated with any lawsuit filed against us.
As I continued to look at your account I started seeing some interesting things. Like that not on a single day did you ever have a click before 9am and usually not before 12pm, but then their are clicks for the rest of the day. That's usually a sure sign of fraud. There are many other major areas that you are committing fraud, but I don't want to go into them since I guess I will be seeing you in court.

Donny

I got my money on you Donny, having the correct info. Can't have total disregard for the system, wake up at noon and click your own parked pages.

Last edited:
•••
Rbt33176 said:
(snipped details of employee firing) ... Now, in principal I know that we are doing the right thing, but financially our decision was not very wise. Three years ago, a similar issue cost us over $200,000 in attorneys fees to win over a $15,000 claim.

So basically the legal system has worked against you twice financially ... and now you want to spend more money to take on Parked.com too - you must have a lot of money to burn?... :lol:

Don't enrich the attorneys ... buy some quality generic domain names instead :blink: - see my sig for one that's priced right, but I digress.

Rbt33176 said:
...The approximately $1500 that you are refusing to pay now may become thousands more in legal cost and opening your books...

Discovery is a two-way street - if, say hypothetically, you ever, even once, clicked your own links, posted links inappropriately, etc, there will likely be a record of that which ties back to those involved ... I'd wager Parked.com logging is very detailed, including possibly some upstream logging by their feeds; will have data to back up their assertions.

Finally, much of this discussion may be mute based on Parked.com terms of service, which you invariably agreed to when you parked your domains with them.

Ron

•••
advaita said:
Donny - what would you say is the one most important thing that gets people to visit parked domains ? And how do they find the domains in the first place, given that they are unlikely to be on page 1 of Google ?

Who says your domain is not likely to be on the first page? It's all in the domain name! I've got a number of them that routinely get first page search results that are parked with Parked.com.

Go to google.com and type in 'freelance work' - without the quotes yet - my .ca is right there. And I can say the same for many more. Now that they are going to allow some text content that rate of first page placements is sure to increase!

•••
whitebark said:
Who says your domain is not likely to be on the first page? It's all in the domain name! I've got a number of them that routinely get first page search results that are parked with Parked.com.
I agree - if you've got good keyword domains, particularily those that qualify for 1-click landers. I have even been surprised to have a found a few that rank as the 1st result...

•••
Parked.com works very hard and that is why they are tops in parking.

For a domainer to even think of placing links to Craigs list shows two things, lack of domain parking knowledge or a try anything to get ahead stragety.

I agree, move on learn from mistakes and take the money you will loose to Parked for court costs or lawyer fees and buy great domain names.

Sometimes employees who steal from the company are trying to "get back " to the employer for their harsh treatment when they worked hard for the owner.

My hope is you are telling the truth as your efforts cannot help the parking image.

My knowledge of parking companies is Parked.com is one of the best five in the world, so my support is with Parked.

Last edited:
•••
RazorNF said:
I agree - if you've got good keyword domains, particularily those that qualify for 1-click landers. I have even been surprised to have a found a few that rank as the 1st result...

Does this translate over to yahoo for you? Yahoo I find doesn't like Parked.com domains as much as google or msn. But that could just be my portfolio.

•••
Complaint Against Parked.com

As a final note because I do want to provide unnecessary information. This much I will reply.

Traffic after 12:00 pm makes sense because postings on Craiglists are placed in the mornings and viewers/readers visit the sites once the postings are live. Usually it takes craiglist a couple of hours to go live. Postings on craiglist, according to parked.com acct. mangr, should have trigered a warning. See his email mssg:

Thank you for using the parked.com Trouble Ticket System. The following
response is from a qualified parked.com customer support team member:

Date: 08/28/07 10:15am

Had it been the craigslist ads on their own I would have sent a warning. However, the other issues I found required the termination of the account. We will not re-instate the account.

Jim Macallum
[email protected]
ICQ# 81864227

Never did your account mngr. mention issues of click fraud. However, now that you have twice publicly accused me of such, you should consult with your attorneys, since there are so many, about the implications from spreading false and defamatory statements that are injurious to the reputation. Charges of defamation of character may also carry punitive damages. "The potential size of a punitive damages award is unpredictable, and the process of arriving at it is just as arbitrary. There are no maximums and no minimums as in criminal law – the jury alone determines the amount. Problems arise because juries sometimes act emotionally and without regard to the broader implications of their decisions". I have printed and saved your statements.

Remember, while I expressed that you are refusing to pay, I never accused you of fraud, nor disclosed any false and inflammatory statements against your company. The context of my statements have remain strictly on facts without asserting to biased interpretation.

Your interpretation may differ from facts and may be subjective. This is where you have a problem. You will need to prove that I clicked on my links. My computer and IP address are available. Your books may make my case stronger and provide ammunition to others.

By the way, I rely on just one attorney and his role in this you will find out at the right time.

Please govern your self accordingly. Pay what I've earned or pay the lawyers and who knows who else. Its a business decision and it would not be the first time I file a suit and win. I have won more than lost. It all depends on who has more to lose and how much are we willing to pay to defend a case.

Once I file you must defend. By itself it becomes costly and public. How many people have read about this today and may think twice before joining your service? How many are with you and now worry about what could happen to them in the future? This is beginning to be very interesting, right???

It is only beginning.

Also, it was my attorney who recommended that I do not park my sites with anyone else. Domains don't pay my mortgage and I was only doing this for 3 months. Ask your attorneys and they might figure out why my attorney made such recommendation. Again, wonder how many of your customers would like to review your books.

•••
Thanks for the info Whitebark. I did a search for freelance work site on Google but didn't see your domain, but I suspect that is because I am in the UK and get different results. But it's good to hear parked pages rank highly.

•••
Can we just ban this thread hijacking loser? I am actually getting sick of reading his posts.

In other news I have checked though my sites sadly no 1 page domains. I like the example of the content on phpscripts can't wait to get it running on a few of my sites. Also your a lucky sob to own "phpscripts.com" I bet that gets some traffic...

Any news about .mobi sites? Like a basic template that is usable by phones?

•••
Agreed. Getting back to the topic at hand ...

What redirection method is best?

I currently only have one domain live, but have several hundred more ready to load now that I'm confident in their system - but I'm still debating how I should have the redirects setup ...

Frame redirect?
HTTP redirect?
Set 'A' record?
Parked.com DNS?

My preference would be to use 'A' record redirects, but the IP address is subject to change (parked.com does warn about that) and/or more IPs added.

Probably easiest to change name servers and let Parked handle things ... but does using a parking service DNS have any significant drawbacks ...

Welcome your thoughts.

Ron

•••
Parked.com DNS - hand's down - nothing else !

framed redirect hurts with possible search engine ranking
'A' records need to be updated if parked changes servers.
HTTP why would you go with a whole lota code if parked.com catches subdomains anyway - make it easy for yourself.

•••
Parked.com is the only place I've found so far that actually has some halloween themed landing pages (although I might have to find a better picture) and I have 54 halloween domains that seem to get traffic but few clicks, so I'm movin' em over to see how they do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back