Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parked is the best service ever.

•••
Here is what I know I clicked one of my own ads from a friends computer and ordered web hosting a complete transaction. Click appeared in my account and was removed the next day. Now I doubt yahoo or ask is calling a complete transaction click fraud. Please donny tell me where did that click go?

Everyone here has been complaining about lower CTR and RPC from when the server went down through now. Why is it donny that these have dropped after you had to order 4.5 million in servers? Let me guess they have nothing to do with each other and it is all crap that I am asking about? Everyone has read the shocktober thread it is starting to become obvious what is going on. Just admit it

•••
rockybalboa said:
So Donny are you saying parked HAS NEVER, AND DOES NOT CURRENTLY shave clicks? Please tell us when teh last time you did shave clicks was if you have not done it in the past 30 days.

On what grounds are you accusing Parked.com of shaving? You admitted that you clicked on an ad on your own landing page and then you have the nerve to accuse the parking company for not crediting you for that click?

The fact is that such a click is under normal circumstances Fraudelent, but the truth is that if you have bought something through that link, it would probably entitle you to that click's revenue, but I don't think that the parking companies keep track of the individual conversions, and if you have at least once logged in your parked.com account through your friend's computer then parked.com knows that it's you, the owner of that domain, that clicked on the ad.

Is this where you base your shaving theory? Who do you think you are?

rockybalboa said:
You are right there is a pattern here and that is only why your "Cronies" are coming to your defense SDX has an admited connection to your company and domainpark has what 10 posts all here? LOL Please Donny tell the truth to us.

SDX is my friend and I know for a fact that he has nothing to do with parked.com, except from the fact that he is parking his names there, like many people, including me, do. When did he admit connection to parked.com ?
rockybalboa said:
7 people have posted since I posted my first message about this none in your defense until your two did. I am sure hundreds more read it and didnt respond to defend you. There are 14 people viewing this thread right now yet nobody is taking up for you because i am saying what most have been suspecting for a long time now. Where there is smoke there is usually fire

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 14 (11 members and 3 guests)

And who came to your defense from the 14 people reading the thread?

•••
Geez...enough already! I'm sick and tired of reading Rocky Balboa's ongoing diatribe against Parked and Donny. Personally, I'm not interested in this self-serving tale of woe and, frankly, I smell a rat.

If Rocky really does have issues with Parked, he ought to handle it personally with Donny. And if that doesn't work, get a lawyer and sue for the value of your freaking click on your own ad.

Better yet, go park somewhere else, Rocky.

For many of us, Parked has been nothing less than a great company and Donny has offered outstanding customer support. I, for one, stand with Parked 100%.

•••
rockybalboa said:
Here is what I know I clicked one of my own ads from a friends computer and ordered web hosting a complete transaction. Click appeared in my account and was removed the next day. Now I doubt yahoo or ask is calling a complete transaction click fraud. Please donny tell me where did that click go?

Everyone here has been complaining about lower CTR and RPC from when the server went down through now. Why is it donny that these have dropped after you had to order 4.5 million in servers? Let me guess they have nothing to do with each other and it is all crap that I am asking about? Everyone has read the shocktober thread it is starting to become obvious what is going on. Just admit it

Ahh...now we get to the root of the issue.

You've cooked up a scam where you park sites with parked, go over to your friends house, and click away hoping to make some money. That's why you are so angry at Donny.

Why don't you sign up at your Friends House and refer yourself back to yourself for an extra 10%.

You are SUCH a tool. Go back to playing RuneScape with the rest of you're High School Drop Out Friends.

•••
GDTech said:
Ahh...now we get to the root of the issue.

You've cooked up a scam where you park sites with parked, go over to your friends house, and click away hoping to make some money. That's why you are so angry at Donny.

Why don't you sign up at your Friends House and refer yourself back to yourself for an extra 10%.

You are SUCH a tool. Go back to playing RuneScape with the rest of you're High School Drop Out Friends.

You know its all a load of crap because Rocky ain't got no friends!

•••
rockybalboa said:

Okay, I'm the last person to take sides of any parking company. I am a virtual parking provider cynic...lol. And I'm not Donny's beer buddy either. But I know for a fact that from all the rest of our big boys, parked is the most straightforward. In fact its really the best esp if you have US/Canada traffic for your domains. What impressed me was the fact that they recently paid every member for the downtime. I see many other services facing downtimes ranging from 1 hr and above. Has any of these guys ever even bothered to pay a penny to affected members? Or are they using that "downtime" excuse to actually "shave" us bald? We will never know, but atleast with parked, you know that your scalp still retains hair during those downtime periods. In fact at the end of the last Parked downtime, most members were actually glad with the downtime as they got paid decently well and maybe even more.

In your case your click was accounted for at first. It was then adjusted for reasons better known to your parking company. A company which decides to really shave, wouldn't even bother to initially show you that click and then take it off. Parked recorded the click and then adjusted it because it might have been deemed as an invalid click. No big deal there. In the first place, why would you want to click on your own links even if from a friends place? If I want to check out my links, I just copy-paste the link and check out the advertised site. If you want to buy a product from your ad links, why not try the copy paste method?

Anyway, its all done now and its best if you correspond with Parked and sort out your issues in private. I feel this is a very baseless accusation.

•••
Parked.com's overhead has presumably greately increased ... but one should NOT assume that's adversely affecting payouts ... if anything, more servers, staff, etc likely more than pay for themselves ... and that equals more money for both Parked and domainers alike.

It's not a zero-sum game ... if anything, I'd be more concerned, if Parked wasn't ordering more servers, increasing staffing, etc.

Anyways, ultimately it comes down to the bottom-line. Many domainers move their traffic around all the time to ensure top payouts ... and in doing so, many of them spread the word about what parking companies are doing or not doing.

To date, the general consensus is that Parked.com is doing things right - good earnings, fast on-time payouts, and responsive staff :)

Ron

•••
rockybalboa - Why don't you PM me your username and the domain that you "clicked" on.

Shocktober thread? Let's see our overall revenue for September was up 9.2%.

Donny

•••
Take down ads every time?

whitebark said:
When I run arbitrage I just turn off the associated ads till things are back to normal. Extra money for elsewhere is all.

I guess I'm kinda new to arbitrage but it seems like the longer campaigns run the better they place.

This seems especially true the more relevant the name and ad are to the lander.

If I were to run an ad/campaign on NewHomes.name it may have an estimated position of 18 at the start but since the name is a basic generic combined with a relevant ad/campaign and lander it will move up in placement over time (6 weeks sometimes) possibly within the top 5 positions. Getting a better bang for your buck.

So for me when/if your parking provider goes down for a day or two it either makes more sense to leave ads untouched or temporarily switch to another parking provider rather than take down your campaigns and lose position.

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:
In a few weeks when we add a few extra servers in their will be a scheduled downtime, but today was not scheduled.
Donny

What are the scheduled dates for this?

Last edited:
•••
DNPresident - We are still waiting for 2 additional DB servers to come in as HP hasn't even shipped the model yet. There will be some downtime when we bring them in, but it will only be on Parked.com and not any of the domains.

troopscott - Which one? Last week kind of has been a little behind. If I haven't responded to it, just send it to me again please.

Donny

•••
petrosc said:
On what grounds are you accusing Parked.com of shaving? You admitted that you clicked on an ad on your own landing page and then you have the nerve to accuse the parking company for not crediting you for that click?

The fact is that such a click is under normal circumstances Fraudelent, but the truth is that if you have bought something through that link, it would probably entitle you to that click's revenue, but I don't think that the parking companies keep track of the individual conversions, and if you have at least once logged in your parked.com account through your friend's computer then parked.com knows that it's you, the owner of that domain, that clicked on the ad.

Is this where you base your shaving theory? Who do you think you are?

SDX is my friend and I know for a fact that he has nothing to do with parked.com, except from the fact that he is parking his names there, like many people, including me, do. When did he admit connection to parked.com ?

And who came to your defense from the 14 people reading the thread?

I'm sorry to bring this in for the last time, but I couldn't have said it better than Petros! B-)
Ok, that's that, and now back to YOUR REGULAR PARKED.COM "program"! :)

Thanks to All supporters! :tu:

Last edited:
•••
whitebark said:
When I run arbitrage I just turn off the associated ads till things are back to normal. Extra money for elsewhere is all.
Yes, but it will make ads begin slowly accelerate when you starting again. I think no need to pause/turn off if you have an establish campaign. The stats actually show the consistent data.
:imho:

•••
Sunday October 14

Today Sunday October 14 has been really slow for me at Parked.

Can't really tell though until I see how much I spent on arbitrage,,,"sounds wierd" since most parking companies don't allow it, or so they say....

I'm in a hurry to get out of here right now "it's feeding time" but I'll post my experience "short experience" in comparing Parked to a couple of other parking companies tomorrow... Looks good for Parked :)

•••
Yeah, today's not looking good at all.....My revenue has not moved in hours...And that is certainly wrong.

I'm at approx 25% the norm....OUch!!!!!!!!!! :yell:

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
Yeah, today's not looking good at all.....My revenue has not moved in hours...And that is certainly wrong.

Is it just the revenue? or are you not showing updates DNPresident?
Donny, can you please add a "SAVE ALL CHANGES" on the bottom of the 'Edit Page'?

Last edited:
•••
I would love to see that Bulk domain editing feature we talked about in the past . . . a feature where I input a list of names that I want to edit(regardless if they are in the same portfolio or not), and make changes to all of them at once

•••
I'm not seeing any estimated stats slowdowns on our end. But once the numbers are finalized today I guess we will see then.

SDX - A Save All button isn't available on the current edit domain page. But we have something on the drawing board that will give you way more than a save all button! Call it a Super Editor that no other program has. Call it hopefully a Christmas/End of the Year present, hopefully sooner.

Petros - I know it's been on our list. Shoot me a list of all of the different things you would want to edit at one time and I'll see what I can come up with. Now remember this is a set all of these domains to x type of thing.

Donny

•••
Any Idea on When The Last Few Days Will Finalize?

Hey Donny...quite a weekend, huh? Glad you made it through with your sanity intact!

Any word yet on when Ask will get its act together today?

And one more question: can you explain to me how the alternate destination option works, and maybe provide an example?

'Preciate ya!

•••
Marty,
Ask says it will be available at 12pm EST/9am PST. That's when their whole interface will be available for us to get our stats. Or at least that's what they claim. :)

The alternative traffic destination or ATD (Crappy name for a good feature), was originally designed designed when we only had 1 provider. If that provider didn't want your traffic you could tell us where to send it. If it was Sedo or one of your own sites. Then we added Ask and a few other providers and it's mostly worthless at this point. But it's still possible to use it in some cases. If you want to use our primary provider and none of our other ones then just choose primary only and if they don't want the traffic for some reason we will redirect the traffic to whoever else that you want.

Hope that makes sense.

Donny

•••
•••
Donny - PM Sent.

Thanks,

IB

•••
DnPresident said:

my revenue just went down to the hill from 10/11 to 10/13

•••
I am sure thanks to donnys posting it HAS NOTHING TO DO with the auction there attempted purchase of computer.com and domains out of the silent auction. Yeah right LOL I believe that like I believe I have a shot at a dinner with paris hilton

LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back