Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Donny, just recently I have been logging in to my parked account and there no activity whatsoever, I don't have many domains with you (like 10-15 I think) but I always get some kind of visitors every day with clicks or searches made on a daily basis but for the past 3 days nothing at all, is there something you guys are working on?

•••
Zepia - No issues that I'm aware of. The past few days have actually been fairly good.

Donny

•••
Seabass said:
There is virtually no domain that will do better at Sedo than Parked.....like one domain in five hundred do better there. I only have a handful out of many, many domains , that are not adult or unusual circumstance domains, that work better at Sedo. Less than 10 regular domains of mine are at Sedo......and with good reason.

The only ways Sedo performs better is if you have a domain(s) that work better without an image (which is hard to do with Parked, except the "search engine" page they provide, which does not always work better than Sedo) ; certain adult domains sometimes do better ; or if you have a domain that means one thing but folks are coming to it for another reason and you can jam a different "meaning" into the domain by using an abstract keyword in relation to the domain's subject matter.......however, I expect this practice to be closed/removed/nixed in the next year or two, seeing as how the direction of domaining is changing at break-neck pace now. Parked does not allow this....... and for a good reason. It can be abused easily.

Also, Sedo plays games. Say you make $20 a day on a domain, Sedo will often give you a small window of higher earnings, meaning that domain may start making more daily for a spell and go up to $50 a day on average, in which you start to get excited, but then after a while the domain tapers back on down to $20 a day then goes down to $13, for example. Well.......now you sit there thinking about your $50 days and are now psychologically trapped by thinking if you stay it will go back up to $50.....and it will. And, when it does the cycle repeats. But the Sedo trick is that you make less overall. You have to pay attention to see this.

Now.....take that same domain and put it into Parked for a couple of months and then go back and look at your RPM for both Sedo and Parked and you will see that Parked beats them hands down. Those high $50 days are "bait" so that they can pay out lower earnings later/overall.

Parked is better.........easily.

Yessir! :)

•••
Re-arrangement @ Parked? Received an email assigning a new account manager Jennifer, with Baron assigned to programming & Chris optimization.

•••
Yes. We are trying to make our teams more efficient than ever. Now instead of having one dedicated account manager, you will have a team that will have at least 3 members of the team. Each team will be made up of an account manager, a programmer, and an optimizer. Before we had one person trying to do all 3 positions, now we have one doing each.

And for those who have asked, yes I'm still here. :)

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Yes. We are trying to make our teams more efficient than ever. Now instead of having one dedicated account manager, you will have a team that will have at least 3 members of the team. Each team will be made up of an account manager, a programmer, and an optimizer. Before we had one person trying to do all 3 positions, now we have one doing each.

Donny
Sweet, once again Parked.com raises the bar!!!!!

Thanks Donny

Cy

•••
One of the biggest registrars is selling fake traffic domains ,if people make mistake, they buy and cheated by the registars ,another option they may buy it from the forums , then we park it to parked ,does parked warn them about their account will be terminated or parked bans without any warning or without adressing question to the customer ?. What this dilemma concluded ?

•••
Seabass said:
There is virtually no domain that will do better at Sedo than Parked.....like one domain in five hundred do better there. I only have a handful out of many, many domains , that are not adult or unusual circumstance domains, that work better at Sedo. Less than 10 regular domains of mine are at Sedo......and with good reason.

The only ways Sedo performs better is if you have a domain(s) that work better without an image (which is hard to do with Parked, except the "search engine" page they provide, which does not always work better than Sedo) ; certain adult domains sometimes do better ; or if you have a domain that means one thing but folks are coming to it for another reason and you can jam a different "meaning" into the domain by using an abstract keyword in relation to the domain's subject matter.......however, I expect this practice to be closed/removed/nixed in the next year or two, seeing as how the direction of domaining is changing at break-neck pace now. Parked does not allow this....... and for a good reason. It can be abused easily.

Also, Sedo plays games. Say you make $20 a day on a domain, Sedo will often give you a small window of higher earnings, meaning that domain may start making more daily for a spell and go up to $50 a day on average, in which you start to get excited, but then after a while the domain tapers back on down to $20 a day then goes down to $13, for example. Well.......now you sit there thinking about your $50 days and are now psychologically trapped by thinking if you stay it will go back up to $50.....and it will. And, when it does the cycle repeats. But the Sedo trick is that you make less overall. You have to pay attention to see this.

Now.....take that same domain and put it into Parked for a couple of months and then go back and look at your RPM for both Sedo and Parked and you will see that Parked beats them hands down. Those high $50 days are "bait" so that they can pay out lower earnings later/overall.

Parked is better.........easily.

Good points Seabass. SOLD! lol.
I have about 15 names parked @ sedo right now, and i'll start moving those with consistent/increased traffic over to parked. I might as well right?Sedo pages suk at converting traffic, and even not having a "domain title" like parked is just counterproductive, and that alone is probably responsible for a big part of their parking program's underperformance. I'll be moving more names over to parked and as you correctly said, its way more likely to perform better.

•••
Donny said:

Donny

A good step in the right direction. This augurs well for all Parked members.

•••
Donny said:

Donny

I think economic crisis dont affect you , you hire employee for different jobs

•••
tippen said:
I think economic crisis dont affect you , you hire employee for different jobs

A lot of articles out there saying that online shopping, surfing and overall internet user growth is very strong.

I have no idea how the troubles of brick and mortar stores are affecting parking companies but my guess is that if Google, Yahoo and MSN don't put the brakes on parking companies, the best parking companies will be just fine and grow with internet growth. :wave:

Is it possible the internet will double in size every 5.32 years?

http://www.namepros.com/industry-news/551103-internet-set-double-every-5-32-a.html

•••
Donny said:

Donny

Oh .. that's quite nice. I got the e-mail and being a newb - I JUST knew that it was a good news. Moved some of my domains backed to Parked and I must say they look really good. The other parking company is on par with Parked and I am quite happy with both. Will be much happier with :$:, yep that's right.

Please make me happy. :hehe:

•••
Not sure if its just me, but the Estimates have become amazingly accurate lately...not to mention the Actual Rev updates coming in really quickly also! :tu:

Last edited:
•••
SDX said:
Not sure if its just me, but the Estimates have become amazingly accurate lately...not to mention the Actual Rev updates coming in really quickly also! :tu:

Yep. I second that. Its quick and accurate for the past 2 days in my case.

•••
Anyone doing good with "Obamamania" names today? ;)

•••
SDX said:
Anyone doing good with "Obamamania" names today? ;)

Not as much as I had hoped
:td: I got 6 clicks on an Obama typo today so far.

•••
High today of 22 degrees and snowing outside. Another good day to stay inside and make more revenue at Parked.com :)

•••
l2ride55 said:
71 and sunny today in Denver - thinkin' of gettin the Hog out and taking a ride

L2

Holy Cow! I thought Denver would have been real frigid right now. 71 is a warm blast.

•••
It's not 71 in Tampa, but somebody has the heat on 75. Damn it's hot.

Donny

•••
Donny said:

Donny

Huh? Losing you would be kinda like losing the Wal in Wal-Mart

Let me know about 3 mos in advance if your thinking of leaving. :)

•••
:) I just had a few people freak out when I was no longer their account manager. I had phone calls, emails and somebody even called my house looking for me. Since they thought I was no longer with the company. Everybody is still here, just trying something out that should help everybody out in the long run.

Donny

•••
I know where you live.....I'll be knocking :hehe:

They can start out by getting my CTR back up :)

I've fallen about 10% overall today :yell:

•••
•••
•••
My new account manager was nice enough to contact me last week and give me the heads up about the (then) coming changes.

It was very much appreciated.

Dave

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back