NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sometimes I have feeling that average webmaster or domain trader spends 80% of time he's "working" by checking stats :D

I was like this while ago, but I'm trying to avoid doing this :)

•••
I sure am glad that nobody knows about the RSS and/or the XML option, we would really be in trouble. :)

Donny

•••
zabijaq said:
Few % for expired domains as people who goes there looks for certain content they know.
And 15-50% for type-in traffic and well optimised keywords. But 50% is very rare :)
You should be able to do a bit better than that.

Expired traffic, from what I have seen, should run about 8%-25% as a normal range.

Direct navigation, type in traffic, has a larger range, again from what I have seen, should run 20% to 100% + range.

•••
weblord said:
what's everyone ctr?

Mines a big fat goose egg today...lol
:-/ :'(

•••
47% for about 70 domains but visitor numbers have tanked big time lately.

and these figures are not representative. Sorry for taking two posts.

•••
Visitor numbers have been tanking.......everywhere.

It really sucks. :alien:

•••
Just an FYI, Ask is still having issues providing us and everybody with the numbers for the 23rd. They claim it should be available in a few hours.

Across the board CTR varies based on the number of domains and quality of domains you have. And if you are looking on a domain level or an account level. I own domains with over 100% and some with 0%. It just depends on the traffic and if it's real traffic as well.

Donny

•••
Yea, I'm getting visits and searches, but it's pretty obviously not real.

•••
Donny....any updates on stats?...also...is Monte on vacation??

ive sent 2 tickets asking to have a domain added to my acct.....no responses since yesterday and early this morning....

•••
Tony - I got something from them a few hours ago, but still nothing yet. They are processing yesterday's stats right now, so hopefully that will fix it. Otherwise, we have another plan.

Understand that not everybody works 24 hours a day like myself. I'll take care of them.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Tony - I got something from them a few hours ago, but still nothing yet. They are processing yesterday's stats right now, so hopefully that will fix it. Otherwise, we have another plan.

Understand that not everybody works 24 hours a day like myself. I'll take care of them.

Donny

Donny, the amount of time your put in to helping everyone is nothing short of amazing. I don't think anyone will argue that you are not the best parking company rep out there.

Keep up the good work. +Rep for always being quick and on top of things (oops, spoke too soon, I guess I can't rep you again yet :'( )

•••
Donny said:

Donny

Thanks Donny!!!...You Da Man!!

Didn't know you gave your guys off on Fridays also!!...:)

Name is now in my acct...:)

•••
You guys know I'm almost never negative about Parked...but MAN, am I disappointed with the revenue update for the 24th! :td:

Last edited:
•••
If Donny where a Presidential candidate, he would win hands down, and the best thing is that since he works 24 hours a day, the US would come out of this apparent recession in no time at all. Gracias Donny! :tu:

•••
GILSAN said:
If Donny where a Presidential candidate, he would win hands down, and the best thing is that since he works 24 hours a day, the US would come out of this apparent recession in no time at all. Gracias Donny! :tu:

I'll agree with this! :sold:

•••
SDX said:
You guys know I'm almost never negative about Parked...but MAN, am I disappointed with the revenue update for the 24th! :td:
Me too. It is the single worst revenue day I have ever had at Parked.

My uniques are lower which account for some of it..... but RPC totally tanked .

It could be a thousand reasons why, but if this bad PPC market continues I will have to stop parking domains totally and develop some and sell the rest, or some other solution.

It's really upsetting.

SDX said:
I'll agree with this! :sold:
Ditto.

Obrigado!

•••
weblord said:
what's everyone ctr?

I've averaged about 15% or 16% for several months, but over the past 2 months or so, i'm at ab out 8% or 9%. I'm getting some more uniques, but still, the CTR has dropped a bit. what can you do??????? :music:

•••
On Friday, our total revenue was down 4.42% from the previous Friday. But the overall CTR was up a whole point for this Friday over last Friday.

I would cause too many problems as the president. I'm just way to honest and I don't read anything for I press send.

But it still would be a blast....

The first day I would walk into the Pentagon and tell them they are all fired and I'm replacing them with "The Terminator", "Rambo", and "Robocop". I know they could solve all of the problems with the military, because each of them have had multiple movies about them made.

Maybe make Hugh Hefner the "director of entertainment". Linus Torvolds (linux), Rasmus Lerdorf (php), and Michael "Monty" Widenius (mysql) would be in charge of making the entire government open source. Remember it's your government, if you don't like it, just go change the code. :)

Remember what Monty Brewster once said, "you can always vote NONE OF THE ABOVE!"

Donny

•••
This friday was superdead. Me included - I was totally offline - as I've drinked upto 1L scotch whisky from thirsday/friday. :D
Yeah, and all of my stats were below average. Maybe it's due to quite nice weather for this date. :)

Opensource government would be fine. Especially in US, where most media are in few hands and FED people don't care who's president, it's always their doll.
Bomb a country, print more petrodollars to feed military. Sometimes bomb country with crude oil to get back meaning to "petrodollar". That's why Iran is no. 1 US enemy now :) They don't want petrodollardailyprintermoney. And when there won't be oil for dollars, then dollar will change to printed piece of paper :(

That's how world runs. Hope it doesn't totally collapse until I'm alive. Who cares for next doomed generations :)

Last edited:
•••
Guys, Parked.com and parking overall is TOO GOOD to just let us give up like this as domainers!
Obviously, the business is on the decline...let's make it rise again!
Any brilliant ideas?
Where there's a WILL...there IS ALWAYS a way! :)
Donny for Pres! :tu:

•••
Donny said:
I would cause too many problems as the president. I'm just way to honest and I don't read anything for I press send.

The first day I would walk into the Pentagon and tell them they are all fired and I'm replacing them with "The Terminator", "Rambo", and "Robocop". I know they could solve all of the problems with the military, because each of them have had multiple movies about them made.

Maybe make Hugh Hefner the "director of entertainment". Linus Torvolds (linux), Rasmus Lerdorf (php), and Michael "Monty" Widenius (mysql) would be in charge of making the entire government open source. Remember it's your government, if you don't like it, just go change the code. :)

Remember what Monty Brewster once said, "you can always vote NONE OF THE ABOVE!"

Donny
Now THAT'S CHANGE WE COULD TRUELLY BELIEVE IN. :tu: I'd even immigrate to the the US to vote for you. Who would you replace Ben Bernanke by? Dr. Doom?

BTW it may be worth registering donny2012.com. It's available :gn:

•••
Donny said:
On Friday, our total revenue was down 4.42% from the previous Friday. But the overall CTR was up a whole point for this Friday over last Friday.

Donny

4.4% of 5 million is a lot :)

•••
I don't think there's going to be any magic bullet for domain parking, at this point. Really good type-in names will continue to do well, but are largely spoken for. Fair to middling names will continue to decline, and bad names won't earn at all.

•••
Here come the bots. What a pain in the ass for Parked, I'm sure.

•••
Seabass - What are you seeing? I'm just seeing a normal Monday right now.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back