IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
arnie said:
thanks nutmeg. awesome.
i can see from avatar also you are a lady
8^X
I saw that after She mentioned I was mistaken...... I guess I never looked close enough. :]

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:
I'm pretty darn old, but I'm not a guy.

Yes, but can you see that my name is netmeg and not nutmeg? It's a PUN. (ork ork)

Obviously I'm going to have to work on my branding.

NO NO NO, you are not allowed more than one AdSense account. If you are targeting other countries with AdSense, you're just going to have to take your chances until they come up with a way to specify languages for specific sites. If it doesn't give you the right language ads, then I'm sorry, but there's not much you can do. You'd be better off looking for a different monetization option in the Spanish language.

And now, back to your regularly schedule Parked item...

ok, thanks for your help netmeg
B-)

i can think of an avatar to make it more obvious for you :sold:-, but u may get banned :laugh:

ok. i'll have to just see what gets served up. i'll try one out and get a friend in another country to check. i can't belive google would miss out on a huge lost area of revenu like this, it must optimise by ip/location????

we'll see. thanks again ann B-)

•••
Hey Donny,

I just dropped to an 8 so I'm wondering if you'd mind raising my rev share 30% or so to offset any temporary decreases in RPC. :hearts:

•••
Dave - Let's just make it a 50% raise. :)

Donny

•••
Donny said:

Donny

Thank you baby jesus :loveyou:

•••
Agreed. We got deal :D :D :D

Donny said:

Donny

•••
Hey guys, anyone going to the "Domainer Mardi Gras"? :)

•••
•••
Is it my imagination or does it seem that when the Traffic Quality Score goes UP - the RPC goes DOWN? I would have assumed it would be the other way around.
Maybe its just coincidence :)
Just wandering if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon?

•••
texasgamer said:
Is it my imagination or does it seem that when the Traffic Quality Score goes UP - the RPC goes DOWN? I would have assumed it would be the other way around.

you took the words out of my mouth.....this just makes no sense....

•••
Donny, what's with adult revenue today? I have more clicks counted after "recount" but far less $$$.

•••
Insert the following code at registration to receive your discount: DMG200875

?

Hasn't been the best the past few weeks because many of my domains got indexed poorly by google - not dropped but got search results that look like:

domain.ca/click.php?c%3Efn%3AlbXGkd3mocj6k... (no description either)

Sent the ones that got screwed up to another parking service and they are getting indexed properly again. :p

•••
texasgamer said:

From my personal experience, the TQ score doesn't affect my income.

•••
whitebark said:
?

Hasn't been the best the past few weeks because many of my domains got indexed poorly by google - not dropped but got search results that look like:

domain.ca/click.php?c%3Efn%3AlbXGkd3mocj6k... (no description either)

Sent the ones that got screwed up to another parking service and they are getting indexed properly again. :p
Edit: Roy....I changed the title meta tag on some domains as you suggested, and one of them a generic sex domain went to the fourth position on Yahoo and it is getting about 450 extra uniques a day coming to it, and it did $23 yesterday b/c of this, it would have only done about $5 without the indexing. So.....YES....it does work. Thanks for the advice....I just never took it that seriously. Rep Added!

I'm not sure why but Yahoo or Parked does not seem to be counting the referrals correctly on that domain.b/c it is not showing in the stats as such.

As far as my overall portfolio of domains at Parked.com, I'm not sure what happened to me but it appears that Google just about totally scrubbed me from their index. Google is now currently on referring 1.03%, when a couple of weeks ago it was at about 12%. Yahoo is now only at about that amount too, and MSN is .13 (not even one percent).

All those number were higher two weeks ago and before....it's strange. I've never seen search engine referrals that low.

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
I'm not sure what happened to me but it appears that Google just about totally scrubbed me from their index. Google is now currently on referring 1.03%, when a couple of weeks ago it was at about 12%. Yahoo is now only at about that amount too, and MSN is .13 (not even one percent).

All those number were higher two weeks ago and before....it's strange. I've never seen search engine referrals that low.

Yes, I noticed this too :(

•••
yeah...something seems to have occurred around 10/22....10/23....

•••
tonyfloyd said:
yeah...something seems to have occurred around 10/22....10/23....
Upon looking at it again, I would have to agree with that. It's the 22nd for me that revenue took a dip....so it's not quite two weeks ago. It tooks a few days I think for the G referrals to disappear in the stats to the level they are at now, and for me to notice they were virtually gone.

I guess it is time to work on the Title Meta Tags then, to get back in, or get indexed by Y or MSN. :]

•••
no word from Donny...he must be trick or treating....:)

•••
Title Meta tags?

Seabass said:
Edit: Roy....I changed the title meta tag on some domains as you suggested, and one of them a generic sex domain went to the fourth position on Yahoo and it is getting about 450 extra uniques a day coming to it, and it did $23 yesterday b/c of this, it would have only done about $5 without the indexing. So.....YES....it does work. Thanks for the advice....I just never took it that seriously. Rep Added!
"Changed the title meta tag" in what way? Could you give us an example?

That's great that you achieved fourth position in Yahoo and got 450 uniques in one day. Congrats!

•••
I haven't really looked into the Google thing that people are mentioning, I definitely know that they are indexing domains, because one of my says it was updated 11 hours ago. I'll have to look into the Google issue some more, not sure what we could do, but I'll take a look. Can anybody verify when Google had any major updates this month?

Whe you see somehting like domain.ca/click.php?c%3Efn%3AlbXGkd3mocj6k... and their is no text at all that means that they indexed the page at some point it still exists, but they can't remove it because we have them blocked from visiting that page.

I can guarantee that if your TQ goes up then you should make more money. Understand that if you have a 10, you may actually have a 9.5 or greater, a 9 maybe a 8.5 to a 9.49. Sometimes I have seen if somebody has an 8 one week and then a 7 the next they don't really see a difference, but if the following they go to a 9 they can see the difference.

Donny

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
"Changed the title meta tag" in what way? Could you give us an example?

That's great that you achieved fourth position in Yahoo and got 450 uniques in one day. Congrats!
Hey Joe, I did nothing complicated.....just added some relevant keywords in the Title Tag like Roy had suggested in a previous post. Before I had left all my domains blank for that field. Parked explains, next to the field, that they will use the domain name for that field if you don't enter any keywords. So, I just added keywords to take the place of the domain name.

I'm totally convinced that is why it went to that position at Yahoo.

•••
BTW, as I think netmeg had requested a few weeks ago, a domain level updater will be available via CSV hopefully by the end of next week. It will allow you to modify everything on the normal edit page, keyword, for sale, title, etc...

Not custom content, sorry.

But everything else.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
BTW, as I think netmeg had requested a few weeks ago, a domain level updater will be available via CSV hopefully by the end of next week. It will allow you to modify everything on the normal edit page, keyword, for sale, title, etc...

But everything else.

Donny

will the editing of custom content ever be made available to those that have a "clue" about web design..etc..?

•••
Donny said:

But everything else.

Donny

Wow, that's even better news than the 74 yard punt return for a touchdown that Michigan just ran against Purdue. If you need a beta tester, let me know; I'm the "maverick" of Excel spreadsheet use. For those of us with multiple domains in the same general niche (not to mention hundreds if not thousands) that will make all the difference.

Donny said:
Can anybody verify when Google had any major updates this month?

There isn't really any such thing as a Google major update any more - well, maybe by effect, but not so much by design. In the old days there would be the "Google Dance" once a month or so, where they'd pull the trigger on an update and everything would move around. Yahoo still does it this way. But nowadays (and Google reps such as Adam Lasnik, Matt Cutts and GoogleGuy have discussed this on webmaster forums) Google updates are called "Everflux" for a reason - not one single update, but it's *always* moving around. Plus the results are so unpredictable now even for non-parked domains, what with universal search, personalized search, and your own search history (which they now use even if you aren't logged in to your google account) In order to gauge results on one of my developed sites, I have to query friends across the country, and they each may see something different.

•••
Custom Content is so last year. I'm focusing on custom layouts now. :)

netmeg - I'll let you know if we need a tester. I'm sure we will.

Donny

•••
Back