IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seabass said:
Oops....I should have said four years ago it was at $13. I'm spending too much time buying domains apparently and lost two years of my life.

I think it's a good buy, even if the company did happen to suck, there are in a great position to capitalize on Internet advertising which is poised to triple as a whole by 2011. I's going to be nearly impossible to not make some cash with those conditions.

There are probably better investments, however, than Yahoo for the next year as they are projecting flat earnings for this year. Maybe a buy in 2009.

Good point seabass about the internet advertising trends!
Its something people(including me) are not taking into full consideration.Google is dominating alot of internet advertising, but there should be enough space for Yahoo to swim comfortably. Yahoo is also rejecting MS because it feels MS is being predatory on the "vulnerable" now. MS is doing smart, but sly biz with their offers at tthis time with yahoo's position in the market, the state of the economy etc. I like competition, so i'm not worried right now.

•••
Sorry I was off visiting family this weekend, so I didn't have much time to even read my email. The MSFT/Yahoo breakup is good and bad. The stock will probably dive tomorrow. And Yahoo will probably start working with Google somehow. But hopefully only as backfill and international traffic that they currently don't support.

epasport - I have no idea what you have been babbling about at this point. Please send me a PM with who you are talking about and I will take a look at it. Just for your information, I terminated one of the head guys at Google two weeks ago for clicking on his own domains and two of our employees in the past 6 months.

Self Clicking as we call it is all about volume. Volume can mean many things, but let's say you have 10 domains and you click out 5 times on each of those 10 domains today, you probably won't be around long. If you click out 3 times on a mesothelioma keyword, you probably won't be around long either. Mother's Day is coming up, and I used this example last year. If somebody where buying their mother some flowers and they clicked out on a link or so, it's not that big of a deal. We know who you are and we can track that information. It's the other people who cause all of the problems.

Donny

•••
To save me going through 214 pages on this thread, can someone enlighten me as to "affiliates" on a parked page?

Is it allowed?

If it is allowed, how do you do it?

Out of interest, I stuck the "code" in and it didn't work....just showed the code.

So, I tend to think it isn't allowed.

Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

•••
My view is everyone likes Parked as they see Parked as very honest, they are happy with Parks advanced parking pages. All these people are extremely happy with Parked managment. Donney's hands on helping attitude is the most shining example I think why most like Parked.

So if most the domainers are loyal to Parked, the few who say they got cheated have no sympathy from me. If everyone is happy but a couple people, you can bet those couple people are jerks who like to rip off parking companies. Since they got booted for cheating and Parked did not give them their money, (rightfully so) they want to make trouble.

They can complain all they want we are not listening to them.

I am not defending Parked because they butter my bread either, as I don't make any income parking names at Parked.com But I do like the energy here and support Parked.

•••
I'm guessing, Self Clicking and the "other guys" is why there probably will be Domainer Verification or something similar some time in the future. I could see it end up becoming like arbitrage did if it were not controlled and then only the "Veteran Domainers" are allowed to keep parking domains and the rest of the "new domainers" would be cut off with no avenue (and the one's that were a total pain in the ass in the past - if they did not have primo domains).

Guessing again, I suspect it's good to try to have a good track record so as to be "Allowed" to be a domainer in the future when ever person in the world hears about this "crazy little part-time job" called domaining and keeping track of thousands of porftolios that make $2 a day, along with the fraud clicks won't be worth the return.

Venturing a third guess, it will be worth it later to be honest today if you want long-term cash flow. :o

sags said:
To save me going through 214 pages on this thread, can someone enlighten me as to "affiliates" on a parked page?

Is it allowed?

If it is allowed, how do you do it?

Out of interest, I stuck the "code" in and it didn't work....just showed the code.

So, I tend to think it isn't allowed.

Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

sags, it is allowed.

I forgot how to do it though ; I saw Netmeg and Donny explain it once or twice here but I have never tried it myself. I remember them saying something about how you just can't add it as raw code, you must add it as...... blah, blah, blah. Maybe one of them will answer in the morning, or you could maybe just PM one of them.

Last edited:
•••
I'm a parked client.
Just want to know your opinion. RPC is lower than it was like 1 year ago. Google for what I read will try to kill domainers.
Is still wise to buy revenue/traffic domains, like it was, buying at 24 month of revenue?
For what I read this market have no interest for the Big Guys, so eventualy they will win the war.

•••
yeah, blah, blah blah, thats how you do it, lol

•••
cafi,
I personally buy at 2 multiples. The last 1 or 2 years if available. Also the last 90 days which is my personal favorite right now. It's like the what have you done for me lately method.

Donny

•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:
Sorry I was off visiting family this weekend, so I didn't have much time to even read my email. The MSFT/Yahoo breakup is good and bad. The stock will probably dive tomorrow. And Yahoo will probably start working with Google somehow. But hopefully only as backfill and international traffic that they currently don't support.

epasport - I have no idea what you have been babbling about at this point. Please send me a PM with who you are talking about and I will take a look at it. Just for your information, I terminated one of the head guys at Google two weeks ago for clicking on his own domains and two of our employees in the past 6 months.

Self Clicking as we call it is all about volume. Volume can mean many things, but let's say you have 10 domains and you click out 5 times on each of those 10 domains today, you probably won't be around long. If you click out 3 times on a mesothelioma keyword, you probably won't be around long either. Mother's Day is coming up, and I used this example last year. If somebody where buying their mother some flowers and they clicked out on a link or so, it's not that big of a deal. We know who you are and we can track that information. It's the other people who cause all of the problems.

Donny

pm sent

•••
Donny said:
The MSFT/Yahoo breakup is good and bad. The stock will probably dive tomorrow.
Donny

According to Bloomberg.com ..... The company will continue to expand search advertising sales while improving its display advertising business, he said.

Yahoo fell 21 percent in early trading after the software maker scrapped the bid because executives failed to agree on the price.

•••
Seabass said:
I forgot how to do it though ; I saw Netmeg and Donny explain it once or twice here but I have never tried it myself. I remember them saying something about how you just can't add it as raw code, you must add it as...... blah, blah, blah. Maybe one of them will answer in the morning, or you could maybe just PM one of them.

In the content editor, you first have to add the image of the banner, and then add the affiliate code as the hyperlink for the image. You can't just place HTML for whole shmear in.

•••
DnPresident said:
According to Bloomberg.com ..... The company will continue to expand search advertising sales while improving its display advertising business, he said.

Yahoo fell 21 percent in early trading after the software maker scrapped the bid because executives failed to agree on the price.
I'll bet many shareholders must be furious with the management decision. It will take a very long time for the stock to get back to $33, which is what MSFT offered on Saturday, that's if it ever gets back to that price!

GIL

netmeg said:
In the content editor, you first have to add the image of the banner, and then add the affiliate code as the hyperlink for the image. You can't just place HTML for whole shmear in.
Netmeg, can you remember how far back this was discussed in more detail. I can't seem to find it.

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
Netmeg, can you remember how far back this was discussed in more detail. I can't seem to find it.

GIL
I think it was first discussed round about here:

http://www.namepros.com/326844-parked-com-125.html#post2477651

CoolMark said:
This should work, it worked for me:

Copy the affiliate code from the window that the network gives you.

Paste it into an empty Notepad window and save that with a .html extension.

Then open it in your browser, select all and copy.

Then you can just paste it into your Parked window.

That'll definitely work (maybe...)
and it's been discussed a few times since then as well. I think my method works well but it doesn't seem to be the most popular method in the world :)

•••
•••
GILSAN said:
Thanks CoolMark. Will give it a try soon. Are you still using CJ?

GIL

No, CJ booted me about two years ago when my earnings went up to over $900 and payment was due.

So nowadays I stick to using lots of parking providers and I also use a few different affiliate providers for sites I'm developing. I think I'm going to have to develop all of my domains because parking revenue is almost nonexistant now.

•••
Are we allowed to have a list our sites that're parked with parked.com in our siggies? With links?

•••
FGclips said:
Are we allowed to have a list our sites that're parked with parked.com in our siggies? With links?
NamePros doesnt allow linking to any parking pages in sigs.

Cy

•••
parked and sig at Namepros

~ Cyberian ~ said:
NamePros doesnt allow linking to any parking pages in sigs.

Cy

Cy, Wondering about this. I can't find reference to this policy anywhere in the FAQs (I searched the FAQs with the term signature). Using your sig to help get a parked page indexed is helpful when you've spent some time adding content (Parked and Bodis are examples).

I've had some luck with parked pages doing well in Yahoo and MSN search results so having some Namepros backlinks would be helpful.

Again no offence implied but I can't find reference to your comment.

Thanks
db

•••
thebutler said:
Cy, Wondering about this. I can't find reference to this policy anywhere in the FAQs (I searched the FAQs with the term signature). Using your sig to help get a parked page indexed is helpful when you've spent some time adding content (Parked and Bodis are examples).

I've had some luck with parked pages doing well in Yahoo and MSN search results so having some Namepros backlinks would be helpful.

Thanks
db

For the most part this is to protect You and Your Parking account(s) - You really need to worry about the Parking Companies TOS when it comes down to it. I've never seen a conventional Parking company that allows these type of links myself ...

Donny may be able to shed some light on this as far as "Parked.com" goes.

•••
thebutler said:

Thanks
db
the butler - two months ago parked is giving permission to link your parked page in your sign, but after arbitrage is not allowed from parked , including sdx(starter of this thread) delete their domains from sign.You can write your domain's name in your sign like sdx ,I think it is allowed because sdx's account is not terminated by Parked.Look at sdx's message.

•••
quick question, does parked charge for direct deposits?

thanks

•••
dazed101 - We don't charge anything for us to pay you. If you would like us to charge you for paying you, we might be able to work something out.

Donny

•••
dazed101 said:
quick question, does parked charge for direct deposits?

thanks

I don't believe so. I know there is no fee receiving into paypal either.

•••
netmeg said:
I have over 500 domains at Parked, and I really don't think they're *all* crap, yet, I don't get but one or two clicks a day, and that's on a GOOD day. Often I don't get any clicks at all. When I go look for my domains in the search engines, they rarely appear anymore. They're indexed, but they don't show up in the first 1000 results for searches, and that's whether or not they have content. They used to, but they don't anymore. My US traffic (which used to be 80%+) has dropped down to less than 1% according to the traffic analysis.

I'm having the exact same experience at Fabulous, Revenue Direct, Bodis and pretty much anywhere else.

I think the main thing that has changed is that there's really no (legitimate and/or approved) way to gain and maintain traffic anymore, unless you have really good type-ins. And it's *hard* to get really good type-ins.

There are other changes that have been made at the Yahoo and Google level as far as their advertising programs that I'm sure are affecting the domain industry as well. (Google just allowed its advertisers to exclude ads from parked domains on the search and content network, and from what I hear, many advertisers did just that)

The forces here are pretty much all beyond my control; all I can adjust at this point are my expectations - I originally bought the domains for their future resale value, not so much to monetize with parking, and also as a write-off against the income from my developed sites, and that's what I have to keep reminding myself. If I make a little money on parking now, that's great. But I no longer expect to.

Google and yahoo have changed greatly over the years. They now look at a lot more things than they used to. For example if you generally updated your site at least once ever 1-5 days for months, then stopped for a few weeks you are going to drop dramatically. On another note, page rank and inbound links help a ton. If you want more info on that wiki it and look at googles page rank algorithm, its pretty complex but I'm sure you will understand it. With those two things I mentioned, you can see there is no way to keep a decent place on the search engines without proper optimization and updating frequently. Its mega hard to do it on a full blown website, let alone a parked domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back