Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it is hilarious how it shows "Click Fraud" , That is a powerful word.

"Invalid Click" I could more understand.

This just my opinion, I truly believe this whole situation could have been handled more professionally by Donny.

Before i would go posting something implying "All Parking Companies" as the initial letter of the stoppage of arbitrage from Parked.com sent.

I would have kept it Parked.com only, Because i have yet to a formal statement from Yahoo, Saying anything about the issue.

I am not saying it is not the case, But NO one has seen a formal letter from Yahoo stating the fact.

Involving other parking companies, In the initial letter, wasn't cool, I seriously doubt if the other parking companies appreciated it either, they can speak for themselves, And their clients.

Donny mentioned speaking with Yahoo, Pertaining to other people not getting notice, from other parking companies telling them to stop arbitrage, And that he was checking with Yahoo, as to why this might be the case, For what Reason Donny?

If it doesn't pertain to Parked.com soley, Then how is it any of your business ,Donny?

Last edited:
•••
harkster said:
Don't know about anyone else but beginning this pay period my daily has tanked from $X.xx/day to $0.xx. :'(

btw, I don't and never have done arbitrage.
Yes, mine too. I am talking about $75/day between a couple of domains now barely making $7.50/day, in less than 2 week's time. What is up? :'(

•••
Two out of my ten best days ever with Parked.com have just come since arbitrage stopped. :)

I'm not sure if it is coincidence or not, but things may be getting better since this stopped.

•••
.X. said:
That is my point, mrizos, NO , you can not just pay 0.01 -0.10 a click, Arbitrage takes research, testing and many other things, before it can be done correctly, so that the advertiser gets conversions.

And like i said, If every one understood it, and how to implement it, to work for them and the advertiser, every one could do it, This is not the case, There is far more to running arbitrage than the majority knows.

As far as how it is done, People take different approaches to doing it, It MUST convert for the advertiser to.

I spent 100's of hours, researching, testing traffic, origins, quality, conversion ratio and ect.

I still spend at least 20 hours a week minimum, doing research. It is work, Not to be confused with some kind of "Give Me"

Would i give my wife away-No
Would i give my house away-No

The same applies with arbitrage, I wont share what i know, I have worked my a$$ off, to get the knowledge that i have.

And my friends that are domainers, that i know run arbitrage, they wont either, matter of fact, we do not even exchange ideas, it's just not the thing to do.

To convert for YOU THE ONE PARKING would mean you got what you wanted, a click. To truly convert for the advertiser it means they would close a deal/sale sent from your landing page. Unless your in direct contact with every advertiser you send a visitor to, how do you know their conversion rate?

Besides direct type-in traffic, Top tier s.e. traffic is among the very best traffic available..

One of the biggest problems with PPC to parked pages is false advertisement that may result in a conversion/click on the landing page but ruins any chance of a conversion for the advertiser on the landing page.

•••
panterrasbox said:
Yes, mine too. I am talking about $75/day between a couple of domains now barely making $7.50/day, in less than 2 week's time. What is up? :'(

I'm finding RPC is still dropping. I thought it would improve after arb stopped.
I'm seeing $0.03 clicks for crying out loud! All of this makes me suspect even
more that Parked has been singled out by Yahoo for whatever reason.

•••
DnPresident said:
To convert for YOU THE ONE PARKING would mean you got what you wanted, a click. To truly convert for the advertiser it means they would close a deal/sale sent from your landing page. Unless your in direct contact with every advertiser you send a visitor to, how do you know their conversion rate?

Besides direct type-in traffic, Top tier s.e. traffic is among the very best traffic available..

One of the biggest problems with PPC to parked pages is false advertisement that may result in a conversion/click on the landing page but ruins any chance of a conversion for the advertiser on the landing page.

I stated over and over in this thread, You must convert for the advertiser, That is priority.

There are many ways to convert for the advertiser, the time by the visitor spent on the page, amount of pages surfed, Book marking, email registration, just to name a few.

How do i know if i am converting for the advertiser? with Yahoo it is pretty simple, Yahoo gives the advertiser the option, to block any specific name, they do not want their traffic coming from.

I have had advertisers email, via finding my email through whois, and tell me, I like what you are doing, keep it up.

Monetization is always the key to success, rather you are running arbitrage or not, If you do not serve up relevant merchandise, services and ect, to your niche, then you are wasting every ones time.

I don't even want to get started on Type In Traffic, I have been through that, and covered it extensively here at NamePros

Unless you own a name worth xx,xxx and it is type in generic terms, don't expect more than 10 unique type ins a day, I will leave it at that.

packrat said:
I'm finding RPC is still dropping. I thought it would improve after arb stopped.
I'm seeing $0.03 clicks for crying out loud! All of this makes me suspect even
more that Parked has been singled out by Yahoo for whatever reason.

Ditto Packrat

For some reason, I think i need to go SHAVE

Last edited:
•••
My average CPC dropped to $0.03 from this payment period.... Is this dropping is for me only? Or also for you? ... That is really bad situation

•••
.X. said:
Unless you own a name worth xx,xxx and it is type in generic terms, don't expect more than 10 unique type ins a day, I will leave it at that.

I suppose you are talking about .com's correct? What about .in, .co.in and .ca.

I'm getting 20% of my visit's to these ext's via type in. How do you feel about other extensions getting type in's?

•••
.X. said:
I stated over and over in this thread, You must convert for the advertiser, That is priority.

There are many ways to convert for the advertiser, the time by the visitor spent on the page, amount of pages surfed, Book marking, email registration, just to name a few.

How do i know if i am converting for the advertiser? with Yahoo it is pretty simple, Yahoo gives the advertiser the option, to block any specific name, they do not want their traffic coming from.

I have had advertisers email, via finding my email through whois, and tell me, I like what you are doing, keep it up.

Monetization is always the key to success, rather you are running arbitrage or not, If you do not serve up relevant merchandise, services and ect, to your niche, then you are wasting every ones time.

I don't even want to get started on Type In Traffic, I have been through that, and covered it extensively here at NamePros

SHAVE

Congrats on the email.....As far as expecting the Yahoo advertisers to block any and all traffic that doesn't convert for them, that's Not a really good way to know that your traffic is converting...If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo only allows an advertiser to block a certain amount of domains during a certain time period......

I was hoping there was something else you were aware of that made you certain your traffic converted....

•••
mrizos said:
I suppose you are talking about .com's correct? What about .in, .co.in and .ca.

I'm getting 20% of my visit's to these ext's via type in. How do you feel about other extensions getting type in's?

I am seeing Dot in , Becoming a factor, with a lot of development going on, Pure generic terms , be it one , two or three word Dot in, Could bring 15 to type ins a day. A lot of development has taken place over the past year with Dot in, India is using it's country code to specific with their own people, I expect a significant rise, not only with the value of Dot in, But the amount of pure type ins, with pure generic terms.

.co.in, Is a bit tougher, although i am told for certain niches, India does type in the co.in extension.

Dot ca, Because of lack of development, and only specific users of the country code, I wouldn't expect a lot of type ins with Dot ca.

DnPresident said:
Congrats on the email.....As far as expecting the Yahoo advertisers to block any and all traffic that doesn't convert for them, that's Not a really good way to know that your traffic is converting...If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo only allows an advertiser to block a certain amount of domains during a certain time period......

I was hoping there was something else you were aware of that made you certain your traffic converted....

I have converted to CPA's, I get paid for them, other than the email and knowing i made CPA, hmm, i guess i could contact my account managers and find out, Yahoo does have a limit on blocking advertisers, but i think they can block quite a few, and if they liked, could contact Yahoo, and give the specific domain, that is doing absolutely nothing for them, and take care of it that away.The advertiser always comes first.

I run YPN on my websites, as well as park with Yahoo, If i do not convert, I will be gone, I have been with YPN over 2 years now.

Last edited:
•••
.X. said:
I have converted to CPA's, I get paid for them, .

We're talking about knowing your traffic converts for advertisers on parked pages, Not CPA companies.

I'm not suggesting your traffic is not converting, You made this comment above..... I took it like you have proof that your traffic is converting
.X. said:
Arbitrage takes research, testing and many other things, before it can be done correctly, so that the advertiser gets conversions..And like i said, If every one understood it, and how to implement it, to work for them and the advertiser, every one could do it, This is not the case, There is far more to running arbitrage than the majority knows.

As far as how it is done, People take different approaches to doing it, It MUST convert for the advertiser to.

I spent 100's of hours, researching, testing traffic, origins, quality, conversion ratio and ect.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
We're talking about knowing your traffic converts for advertisers on parked pages, Not CPA companies.

Some parking companies, Pay CPA as well as PPC ;) , Not many at all, But a few do.

But i am not willing to get into who they are and ect.

Lets just say i KNOW, that a larger % of my traffic converts

Last edited:
•••
.X. said:
Lets just say i KNOW, that a larger % of my traffic converts

Since your in the Parked.com thread and your talking about knowing your traffic converts for companies like this, I'm sure the way of getting that info would very much welcomed by all of us here and have a worth value to the parking companies...

Then those of us including the parking companies converting or not would have the information much needed on our side.

Last edited:
•••
Yahoo does have a limit on blocking advertisers, but i think they can block quite a few

As far as knowing what converts - most small advertisers and non-agencies themselves have no idea what's converting, much less the domainers. There are ways to figure it out if you have the ability to analyze your own log files (and to understand what you see) but most don't.

But it doesn't really matter. The *perception* is that parked domains do not convert, and since both Google and Yahoo include the domains as part of their Search Network and Search Partners (respectively) they do not (at this time) give that information to the advertiser by domain - they are just lumped together as one entity. And as long as the *perception* is that parked domains are garbage, it doesn't matter what the reality is.

Last edited:
•••
enlytend said:
That's not being put there by Google - click.php looks like a clicktracker program which counts the click and redirects (302) the user to the index page for the domain. The "clickfraud=1" is a parameter to that program.

If I Google inurl:clickfraud=1 I get over 60,000 results.
This makes sense!
It seems to be confirmed by two features:

1) Clicking at some of the listed URLs, e.g. financesmarters.com/click.php?clickfraud=1, or on the domain alone, results in a message “Domain financesmarters.com no longer valid”. So this happens when PARKED blocks some domains!
2) PARKED apparently has a special deal with DirectNic.com, for some obscure reason. When one clicks at www.2adn.com/click.php?clickfraud=1 the result is a message “You have already clicked on sponsor links within the past 24 hours. Please use our search function again tomorrow.” This happens only for domains registered by DirectNic! Clicking on the domain alone, www.2adn.com, opens the landing page, however!

Curious!!!

•••
DnPresident said:
Since your in the Parked.com thread and your talking about knowing your traffic converts for companies like this, I'm sure the way of getting that info would very much welcomed by all of us here and have a worth value to the parking companies...

Then those of us including the parking companies converting or not would have the information much needed on our side.

There are things i can not disclose, It is not senseable for me to do it, I had to work very hard to learn methods and gain knowledge. Sorry, Can't and wont share my knowledge, On "How To" issues

•••
.X. said:
There are things i can not disclose, It is not senseable for me to do it, I had to work very hard to learn methods and gain knowledge. Sorry, Can't and wont share my knowledge, On "How To" issues

:td: ok

•••
•••
Because for whatever reason, Yahoo doesn't want to serve ads to that domain. I believe it's an automated thing; you can ask your account manager to submit it for review if you think it's worthwhile. If Yahoo doesn't serve the ads, then they go to the meanwhile.com which uses Ask.

•••
netmeg said:
Because for whatever reason, Yahoo doesn't want to serve ads to that domain. I believe it's an automated thing; you can ask your account manager to submit it for review if you think it's worthwhile. If Yahoo doesn't serve the ads, then they go to the meanwhile.com which uses Ask.

Thanks for info netmeg. I'll go ahead and contact my account manager.

•••
cybermonkey said:
Hi, everyone.

Can someone explain to me why one of my domains redirects to a "Meanwhile" thing?

e.g. http://meanwhile.com/?domain=mydomain.com

Thanks,

could also be a TM issue.....basically yahoo just doesnt want/like the traffic the site is getting.....

•••
•••
GILSAN said:
All my domains go through "meanwhile". In my case its because I live outside of the USA.

GIL :)
Same here.

•••
I believe that "clickfraud=1" was from some months back when the google bot went bad and indexed many parked.com pages like that and/or with "spidertrap.php" or some such thing.

I had to move a large number of domains out of parked for some time to get them relisted with a proper title and description.

If I remember right this problem was first identified back in october or november of 2007 for those that want to dig back that far on the thread.

•••
GILSAN said:
All my domains go through "meanwhile". In my case its because I live outside of the USA.

GIL :)

This is not true. It's because you live outside US that when you visit one of your domains you see the meanwhile pages. US visitors to your parked pages see whatever US visitors see. I'm in the same boat. I've asked Donny if Parked could show some kind of Preview of what US visitors see, but I guess he doesn't see this as important enough.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back