IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt anyone will learn anything about arbitrage at the Traffic convention for parked names. Seriously.

If you guys want to do arbitrage you still can. Take your parked names out of your favourite parking company and host it. Put up a little info and some content and bingo you can now do arbitrage.

Thats what it is for a legit site, not PARKED PAGES.

Why try to twreak a parked page to get into arbitrage, you will get much higher conversions if you have a real website. Gee, its only a few bucks a month to get a web site.

Also I think the whole theme of Traffic is transparency.

Don't think any company including Parked is going to get information on how to get arbitrage back for lazy domainers who do not want to go to their registrar, click a button and put into that space the hosting site. Then a person can have a simple website. Then the person can go nuts and have arbitrage. You will never get results from a parked page like you will if you take your name/ names out of parking and start a web site.

That is why Google made adwords, so you can send traffic to your WEB SITE. They have always wanted it that way, not to a parked site.

For those hoping the white horse will come and save them at the Traffic convention, I would look for a different outcome for the attendees.

The whole theme at the Traffic convention is about transparency in parking.

I am pretty sure most parking companies are not going to learn how to reveal all the "tricks" to those parking companies parked names.

This time around they are going to learn how they will have to change and start showing us the real numbers. This is a rope around their necks ( thank you Rick S.) and will in the end provide more real income and money back to domainers then any arbitrage will do.

My plan, instead of looking to certain parking companies to provide a short term way to bring a few pennies to domainers thru illegal arbitrage to parked names is to start supporting this effort of transparency.

Arbitrage to parked names is dead like Netmeg says. Talking about it won't ever bring it back.

If we want profits, we need parking transparency.

Parking companies do not and never have wanted it. They will come along dragging and kicking. There may one or two bright companies that will embrace it. They will become the parking leaders.

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
If we want profits, we need parking transparency. Parking companies do not and never have wanted it. They will come along dragging and kicking. There may one or two bright companies that wll embrace it. They will become the parking leaders.
Interesting you should mention that. I've been screaming for transparency to the point that it got boring. We did have a quite successful thread for a while, which later on got overshadowed by other "activities".

I've applied to get a YPN account, no answer as of yet. Not sure what the hold up is, or whether they even accept any one at this time, but if all else fails, i'll cut the middle man and build my own sites. The only reason to stay with a parking company is the large pool of knowledge and simplified way of building pages.

M.

•••
Sure thing. You cant possibly build 400 or 500 websites. Still transparency should be a must and share of the domains owner higher then now at least 75%

•••
All you have to do is scroll through several pages on googles ppc ads for just about any and all niches and you'll probably see every parking company in existance on the receiving end of the NS including some bright ideas you may have not thought of......It's some of these different revenue ideas you may see that I want to know more about.

•••
My parked stats were updating earlier today, but in the past hour or so, the time updates, but no change in numbers (visitors, clicks, etc.) Anyone else notice the same thing?

•••
nm...

Last edited:
•••
Avo19 said:
And for the record arbitrage is *not* illegal. It may be frowned upon, discouraged, against some companies "stated" TOS, but it's not illegal.

In other words...

The first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club....

•••
GDTech said:
In other words...

The first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club....

You're right, I can't be bothered :) Post deleted.

•••
Mike said:
I've applied to get a YPN account, no answer as of yet. Not sure what the hold up is, or whether they even accept any one at this time

M.
I got YPN last Oct., I think.
It took about one month.

•••
Most parking companies have always stated in their TOS that they do not allow paid traffic. They have always just looked the other way, and let it go on. Maybe yahoo just made this "announcement" to make their advertisers happy. Who says that yahoo or the parking companies will not continue to look the other way?

•••
blanko said:
Most parking companies have always stated in their TOS that they do not allow paid traffic. They have always just looked the other way, and let it go on. Maybe yahoo just made this "announcement" to make their advertisers happy. Who says that yahoo or the parking companies will not continue to look the other way?
It's not a bad point. However, Donny (Parked.com) clearly stated that Yahoo's announcement pertains to ALL parking companies. While Parked.com is obviously enforcing the "Yahoo law", other parking providers seem to be lagging behind.
It's been mentioned before that it seems that Parked.com is singled out; Donny has yet to announce whether Yahoo has given him a satisfactory answer to his question about when the other parking companies will follow, etc.
In the end, i'm not quite sure what to think at this time. The only thing that's a certainty is what Parked.com/Donny stated ...

M.

•••
Mike said:
It's not a bad point. However, Donny (Parked.com) clearly stated that Yahoo's announcement pertains to ALL parking companies. While Parked.com is obviously enforcing the "Yahoo law", other parking providers seem to be lagging behind.
It's been mentioned before that it seems that Parked.com is singled out; Donny has yet to announce whether Yahoo has given him a satisfactory answer to his question about when the other parking companies will follow, etc.
In the end, i'm not quite sure what to think at this time. The only thing that's a certainty is what Parked.com/Donny stated ...

M.

I have yet to see one "Official Article" From any source, Only Donny and Parked.com

I have spoken with Yahoo twice this week, Once to my YPN manager, And once to my potential Yahoo XML feed manager, I am just awaiting to be to approved for my feed.

No one has "Officially said Sh*t"

Parked.com had a circus going on there, Imo, You can not have people, who have no idea what they are doing, running arbitrage, That is what i speculate happened at Parked.

It is not as easy as just running Adwords and AdCenter to send traffic and run
arbitrage, If that were the case, then every one could do it and make substancial monthly income, No-No , That is not how it works, and because people had no idea what they were doing, Yahoo had to stop it there.

This is why people wonder why they can not get into such parking services as ActiveAudience and ect, I wonder why?

Last edited:
•••
.X. said:
I have yet to see one "Official Article" From any source, Only Donny and Parked.com

I have spoken with Yahoo twice this week, Once to my YPN manager, And once to my potential Yahoo XML feed manager, I am just awaiting to be to approved for my feed.

No one has "Officially said Sh*t"

Parked.com had a circus going on there, Imo, You can not have people, who have no idea what they are doing, running arbitrage, That is what i speculate happened at Parked.

It is not as easy as just running Adwords and AdCenter to send traffic and run
arbitrage, If that were the case, then every one could do it and make substancial monthly income, No-No , That is not how it works, and because people had no idea what they were doing, Yahoo had to stop it there.

Oh Ok, how's it done then?

Does traffic just magically arrive there? If you weren't using adwords you were just wasting time and money. AdCenter was a joke, unless you liked paying way more than you had too.

It was super easy...everyone could do it...and it's not like you had to be skilled at all..hmmmmm..pay 1 cent and make 8 X 3000 clicks...gosh i'm a genius!!!

•••
mrizos said:
Oh Ok, how's it done then?

Does traffic just magically arrive there? If you weren't using adwords you were just wasting time and money. AdCenter was a joke, unless you liked paying way more than you had too.

It was super easy...everyone could do it...and it's not like you had to be skilled at all..hmmmmm..pay 1 cent and make 8 X 3000 clicks...gosh i'm a genius!!!

That is my point, mrizos, NO , you can not just pay 0.01 -0.10 a click, Arbitrage takes research, testing and many other things, before it can be done correctly, so that the advertiser gets conversions.

And like i said, If every one understood it, and how to implement it, to work for them and the advertiser, every one could do it, This is not the case, There is far more to running arbitrage than the majority knows.

As far as how it is done, People take different approaches to doing it, It MUST convert for the advertiser to.

I spent 100's of hours, researching, testing traffic, origins, quality, conversion ratio and ect.

I still spend at least 20 hours a week minimum, doing research. It is work, Not to be confused with some kind of "Give Me"

Would i give my wife away-No
Would i give my house away-No

The same applies with arbitrage, I wont share what i know, I have worked my a$$ off, to get the knowledge that i have.

And my friends that are domainers, that i know run arbitrage, they wont either, matter of fact, we do not even exchange ideas, it's just not the thing to do.

Last edited:
•••
.X. said:
That is my point, mrizos, NO , you can not just pay 0.01 -0.10 a click, Arbitrage takes research, testing and many other things, before it can be done correctly, so that the advertiser gets conversions.

And like i said, If every one understood it, and how to implement it, to work for them and the advertiser, every one could do it, This is not the case, There is far more to running arbitrage than the majority knows.

As far as how it is done, People take different approaches to doing it, It MUST convert for the advertiser to.

I spent 100's of hours, researching, testing traffic, origins, quality, conversion ratio and ect.

I still spend at least 20 hours a week minimum, doing research. It is work, Not to be confused with some kind of "Give Me"

Ok, I see what you mean now. Let's face it though, nobody is going to do that on a massive scale though.

I am an advertiser. My business advertises on yahoo sponsored search.

My first 3 customers came from parked trafficZ sites via the google content network (probably penny clicks)

...did I care if I had to pay 50 cents for those 3 penny clicks??? Noooo way. They read my ad, they liked my landing page and then they bought from me.

Simple as that.

I could care less where my visitors come from. What I do have to care about is writing a good convincing ad and making an even better landing page!

•••
mrizos said:
Ok, I see what you mean now. Let's face it though, nobody is going to do that on a massive scale though.

I am an advertiser. My business advertises on yahoo sponsored search.

My first 3 customers came from parked trafficZ sites via the google content network (probably penny clicks)

...did I care if I had to pay 50 cents for those 3 penny clicks??? Noooo way. They read my ad, they liked my landing page and then they bought from me.

Simple as that.

I could care less where my visitors come from. What I do have to care about is writing a good convincing ad and making an even better landing page!

The first sentence, Is exactly why Parked.com got canned, Imo VVVV

"Quote" Let's face it though, nobody is going to do that on a massive scale though.

With out working for it, people simply can't do it, not correctly, and to many doing it incorrectly, brings down the whole bunch.

You have to care , And most important, Know exactly where your visitors are coming from, It is extremely crucial to the upstream provider.

•••
.X. said:
The first sentence, Is exactly why Parked.com got canned, Imo VVVV

"Quote" Let's face it though, nobody is going to do that on a massive scale though.

With out working for it, people simply can't do it, not correctly, and to many doing it incorrectly, brings down the whole bunch.

I suppose so.

If people were allowed to do it based on a set of rules and research (like you discussed above) I'm sure they would conform to those rules/research (I know I would).

•••
Don't know about anyone else but beginning this pay period my daily has tanked from $X.xx/day to $0.xx. :'(

btw, I don't and never have done arbitrage.

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion most parking companies are giving domainers only bread crumbs. I am making peanuts in every parking company I belong to with the exception of Fab. Imo the reason for that is I do place my best names there.

You never know what tomorrow will bring though. Also I have my names in these different parking places to use their tools or optimization more than for sure ppc profits.

There is alot of money for parking companies and for domainers. Who knows what new software or technology will bring to the table for us in the future.

•••
.X. said:

Would i give my wife away-No
Would i give my house away-No

The same applies with arbitrage, I wont share what i know, I have worked my a$$ off, to get the knowledge that i have.

And my friends that are domainers, that i know run arbitrage, they wont either, matter of fact, we do not even exchange ideas, it's just not the thing to do.
Wise advice from an experienced domainer. We should have more posts like this to see if this message can penetrate through some thick skulls.

People should realize that arbitrage is something the experienced domainers don't like to talk about for very good reasons, which have been explained here on various occasions. Keep it low key, because all this noise around it atracts a lot of people for all the wrong motives.

GIL :)

•••
Puzzled!!!

I have moved several domains ten days ago from PARKED to another parking company. Checking through search : “site: (XXXXX.com)” whether they are indexed by Google at their new home, (they are), I have spotted additional info:

“In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 1 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.”

Clicking at the link, brings additional line:

www.(XXXXX.com)/click.php?clickfraud=1

I am puzzled by “clickfraud=1”!

Clicking on this URL opens its present parking page, not the old one from PARKED.

These tested domains have been most conservatively parked at PARKED (no driven traffic or illegal clicks)!
Domains moved at the same time from other parking providers don’t have such marking!

Can somebody interpret this marking by Google?

Last edited:
•••
dedekind said:
I have moved several domains ten days ago from PARKED to another parking company. Checking through search : “site: (XXXXX.com)” whether they are indexed by Google at their new home, (they are), I have spotted additional info:

“In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 1 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.”

Clicking at the link, brings additional line:

I am puzzled by “clickfraud=1”!

Clicking on this URL opens its present parking page, not the old one from PARKED.

These tested domains have been most conservatively parked at PARKED (no driven traffic or illegal clicks)!
Domains moved at the same time from other parking providers don’t have such marking!

Can somebody interpret this marking by Google?

Blimey! Well found.

I don't know if it's Google or Parked doing it but I think it could be Parked. The URL would open the current parking page anyway, just like it would if you typed something like www.(XXXXX.com)/pinkpotato.html into the address bar.

If you search for “clickfraud=1” on Google there are about 42,100 results for “clickfraud=1”. The ones I've looked at are mostly Parked.com pages or domains forwarded to other domains with Parked.com landers.

I'm assuming that the '1' is binary...

I wonder if Donny can elaborate on this.

•••
Just for info. I never have done any arbitrage but used to get 1 or 2 clicks a day on my domains with Parked - for the last 4 days I have got more visitors but not a single click - not sure what it means but all very annoying

•••

That's not being put there by Google - click.php looks like a clicktracker program which counts the click and redirects (302) the user to the index page for the domain. The "clickfraud=1" is a parameter to that program.

If I Google inurl:clickfraud=1 I get over 60,000 results.

•••
advaita said:
Just for info. I never have done any arbitrage but used to get 1 or 2 clicks a day on my domains with Parked - for the last 4 days I have got more visitors but not a single click - not sure what it means but all very annoying

Same here, but instead of 4 days its been going on for 2 weeks now. Plenty of hits, no clicks. Just like you've mentioned, I used to get a few clicks a day as well, now I get 1-2 clicks per week. The whole thing sounds very supernatural to me. :|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back