NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, I'm adjusting. I've made about $4.00 today...only 96 more to go... :yell:

•••
mrizos said:
Hey mrizos, do you feel like you have a huge hangover today?
Strange sensation not doing arb.!
How much would you be making by this time?
GIL :)

•••
I went from an overall 90%+ CTR to 10% give or take a few - actually take a few is more like it - way below 10% today. It went from very acceptable ROI (300% + profit) to practically none. The next step would be to loose my Q score and then get kicked out the door, because Yahoo deems my domains, which previously were a 10, are now no longer suitable.
This is very quickly getting very sickening.

If all else fails, the last resort is to build sites and ... well, everyone knows the drill....

Donny, again the same question. What's your suggestion, your way pointer of recourse? Parked.com is losing money just like we do...

M.

Last edited:
•••
mrizos said:

Well I am at $1.41

Just my type ins and expired domains

At least for now

•••
Mike said:
I went from an overall 90%+ CTR to 10% give or take a few - actually take a few is more like it - way below 10% today. It went from very acceptable ROI (300% + profit) to practically none. The next step would be to loose my Q score and then get kicked out the door, because Yahoo deems my domains, which previously were a 10, are now no longer suitable.
This is very quickly getting very sickening.

If all else fails, the last resort is to build sites and ... well, everyone knows the drill....

Donny, again the same question. What's your suggestion, your way pointer of recourse? Parked.com is losing money just like we do...

M.

ironic, is it!

cassidy36 said:
ironic, is it!

Sorry, I meant to say, "ironic, isn't it!"

•••
cassidy36 said:
ironic, is it!

Sorry, I meant to say, "ironic, isn't it!"
It is. Unfortunately, we can't all have "Candy.com" or something similar.
It's just a logical conclusion that after the fall of CTR, the QScore will go down the drain which in turn will prompt Yahoo to encourage Parked.com to pull the plug on domainers. It's a spiral effect that i'm not yet sure how to overcome. My CTR was stellar prior, now it's dead. ...confusion is settling in...

M.

•••
Yup; my TQ is already "no score"

•••
netmeg said:
Yup; my TQ is already "no score"

My score is still a 10, but not for long. I'll probably suffer the same fate as Mike and all the other arb folks. Since TQ scores have been in place, I've been a 10 almost the entire time, except for one week in January when my score went down to 6. I sent better quality traffic with arbitrage then any other method, expired traffic or type in.

•••
cassidy36 said:
. I sent better quality traffic with arbitrage then any other method, expired traffic or type in.

This is the info that yahoo needs.

Donny

Anyword from yahoo on the factor of other yahoo providers still allowing arbitrage or them at least not informing their affilates of any changes of arbitrage??

Seems to me that potentailly parked.com got singled out by yahoo???

I'd say alot of hoping for some ray of hope on this.

•••
cassidy36 said:
My score is still a 10, but not for long. I'll probably suffer the same fate as Mike and all the other arb folks. Since TQ scores have been in place, I've been a 10 almost the entire time, except for one week in January when my score went down to 6. I sent better quality traffic with arbitrage then any other method, expired traffic or type in.

I never followed this TQ score. I only monitor my revenue, which is consistent so far no arbitrage traffic in the past.

•••
Mike said:
It is. Unfortunately, we can't all have "Candy.com" or something similar.
It's just a logical conclusion that after the fall of CTR, the QScore will go down the drain which in turn will prompt Yahoo to encourage Parked.com to pull the plug on domainers. It's a spiral effect that i'm not yet sure how to overcome. My CTR was stellar prior, now it's dead. ...confusion is settling in...

M.

Mike...Patience is Virtue! :)
You KNOW Donny will not let us loyal Parked'ers perish! :tu:

•••
SDX said:
Mike...Patience is Virtue! :)
You KNOW Donny will not let us loyal Parked'ers perish! :tu:

Yeah, I hope not. I love parked.com. It's really nice getting indexed by search engines (I'm adding custom content)...but my TQ will probably be far below par...I used to have a 10 as well.

My CTR went from about 62% to 20%...

Last edited:
•••
Uh, we all know we shouldn't lay it on Donny to somehow come up with something to remedy this, right? We're all responsible for our own business models, and if we chose to do arbitrage, we knew the risks going in (or should have). I don't *think* anyone is expecting him to ride in on a white horse, but I just wanted to make sure. He's stated several times that Parked doesn't do arbitrage, and arbitrageurs are only a small part of Parked's clientele. So it wouldn't do to have unreasonable expectations of him, when he already does so much.

•••
netmeg said:
Uh, we all know we shouldn't lay it on Donny to somehow come up with something to remedy this, right? We're all responsible for our own business models, and if we chose to do arbitrage, we knew the risks going in (or should have). I don't *think* anyone is expecting him to ride in on a white horse, but I just wanted to make sure. He's stated several times that Parked doesn't do arbitrage, and arbitrageurs are only a small part of Parked's clientele. So it wouldn't do to have unreasonable expectations of him, when he already does so much.

I would mostly agree, especially with the expectations part.

But I do see some accounts moving to other yahoo based providers if they still allow arb.

I didn't really do arb as I was just still learning for last couple of weeks.

But I do have accounts at hitfar, TZ, DotZup etc...almost everywhere even though I never used any of them.

If they keep allowing arb, then I may move couple of domains to utilize what I learned from many people here including you Netmeg. But I will wait for the dust to settle as I don't like to move around domains....very lazy
:hehe: I don't want to move and then find out that now they don't allow it either

:)

•••
For those of you who were doing arbitrage, I wish I had an answer or a solution for you, but I really don't. Yahoo told us that arbitrage had to stop immediately and it was supposed to effect all parking companies. At least as of now it seems we are the only parking company who has stopped aribtrage at this point even though I am being assured everyday that all of the others will follow suit. So I'm not 100% sure what is going on, I know what I'm being told, but that's it.

I will be at the Traffic show next week in Vegas, so I should hopefully get some good answers then.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
For those of you who were doing arbitrage, I wish I had an answer or a solution for you, but I really don't. Yahoo told us that arbitrage had to stop immediately and it was supposed to effect all parking companies. At least as of now it seems we are the only parking company who has stopped aribtrage at this point even though I am being assured everyday that all of the others will follow suit. So I'm not 100% sure what is going on, I know what I'm being told, but that's it.

I will be at the Traffic show next week in Vegas, so I should hopefully get some good answers then.

Donny

Wow man, it's too bad they singled you out like that (allegedly). I hope they give you some answers....why pick on such a great parking provider (if it's true)?

•••
Donny said:

Donny

Donny,

You are a great help: always quick to respond, and upfront and honest in your answers. I just hope that if yahoo allows others to continue arb, then it should let parked do it too.

Thanks.

•••
rickkumar said:
Donny,

You are a great help: always quick to respond, and upfront and honest in your answers. I just hope that if yahoo allows others to continue arb, then it should let parked do it too.

Thanks.

I TOTALLY agree!
If other companies will be allowed to arbitrage, then it would be ABSOLUTELY ridiculous for Parked not to arb.

•••
Donny said:

Donny

Don't go!!!...last time u went to a show and hoping to get answers.....u came back and a week later this Yahoo Arb news dropped like a bomb.....don't go Donny....afraid to see what bad news u bring back this time....lol....:)

U da Man!!

Tony

•••
Donny,
As usual, thanks for being open and forthcoming with us.

Brian

•••
Do a search on google or yahoo for anything like - mortgage refinance, bad credit repair etc and look at the destination of sponsored links - over half still go to parked pages - including those who claim in their terms of service to disallow such traffic sources.

Something is rotten in Kansas.

•••
Lets hope that whatever hapens in Vegas, doesn't stay in Vegas, unless offcourse its bad news. Bon voyage and good luck!

GIL :)

•••
whitebark said:
Do a search on google or yahoo for anything like - mortgage refinance, bad credit repair etc and look at the destination of sponsored links - over half still go to parked pages - including those who claim in their terms of service to disallow such traffic sources.

Something is rotten in Kansas.

wow...i'm getting angry now.

•••
mrizos said:
wow...i'm getting angry now.

Why get angry?
PPC traffic is a given with most parking outfits. It's just not acknowledged publicly for every Tom, Dick & Harry to see. Parked was the only one to do so.

•••
Just check the who.is

Avo19 said:
Why get angry?
PPC traffic is a given with most parking outfits. It's just not acknowledged publicly for every Tom, Dick & Harry to see. Parked was the only one to do so.

If you seeing some arb on parked names its pretty easy to figure out who's still doing it (which companies). Three easy steps.

Google your term of choice
Click the sponsored links
Who.is any parked domains result.

Donny you might want some ammo before going to Traffic to discuss.

Looks like some people are doing arb through Godaddy's parking service or the sites are very simple looking MFA sites (which is another story). I'm sure other people can spot some easily and maybe post in this thread so Donny can discuss the FACTS.

I never did any arb but obviously a fair playing field for everyone would be nice.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back