Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Advaita, I would just use the keyword "weather" in English. By using german keywords I would be risking having no ads/unrelated ads show up in certain countries. Unless your domain gets most of its traffic from Germany, I would just assign an English Kw.

•••
Varon at the moment it doesn't get any traffic I just regged it last night. I would expect however that most traffic will be from German speaking countries so I will probably go for 'wetter' which Donny seems to say will get weather ads in Germany

•••
advaita said:
Varon at the moment it doesn't get any traffic I just regged it last night. I would expect however that most traffic will be from German speaking countries so I will probably go for 'wetter' which Donny seems to say will get weather ads in Germany

Cool... that sounds like a plan. :)

•••
Just wondering, what is your overall portfolio CTR and RPM at parked.com?

Also, do your figures include arbitrage or no?

Thanks.

•••
Any sign of today's final numbers? Just seems a bit later than usual. Thanks!

•••
It's just an issue with our Ask download. Just called our stats guy to take a look.

Donny

•••
Donny:

1. Do the parked.com pages change overtime for domains based on the user search behavior?

2. How long does it generally takes for domains to self-optimize to start showing better results?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Stats show as finalized, but I do not believe stats changed from yesterday. Did stats change for anyone else?

Stats updated a few minutes later. Ignore my previous post.

•••
Stats are final, don't think mine have changed from the estimate, though. If they did, it was a minimal change that's not concerning.

M.

•••
Mine Finalized , Was the same $$ as estimate and then I checked again and My $$ went down.???

•••
Mine too; I took a huge hit. Dunno what happened, but it sure wasn't good.

•••
My ctr is higher then usual and earnings per click seemed solid.

My traffic still down it seems past couple days.

I need more names performing especially my financial names, forex names and mesothelioma terms. Been working hard on them and going through my top 70 names.

Getting discouraged this week it seems.

For some odd reason my account has had a bug in system and can't optimize my portfolio. Hope donny had looked into this. Trouble ticket was done couple days back and some other dude responded.

Today my ctr is high, click earnings looking good but I only have a few names carrying me.

So many ups and downs in this business I have finally concluded.

•••
netmeg said:
Me too. I had one click at $2.47 before the stats were finalized, then $.01 after! eegads!

•••
netmeg said:

I also had a huge hit.

GIL :)

•••
Donny, when using the the frameset for redirection as per the parking "how-to",
can we insert another frame for tracking purposes or adding extra content etc? i.e.

Code:
<FRAMESET ROWS="2"> 
<FRAME name="main" src="http://www.searchnut.com/?domain=refererdetect" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
<FRAME name="tracking" src="tracking.php" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0">
</FRAMESET></HTML>

Thanks.

•••
Mine went up by $30 or so, so I liked seeing the final numbers :)

•••
Game changer

Last edited:
•••
I took a pretty big hit too. Been taking a few big hits the last few days.

My domains' history, year after year, show a huge upsurge starting at the beginning of each year starting on the 2nd or 3rd. So far this is not happening. But, it could be the timing of New Year's Eve being on a Monday, or something similar. Folks may still be trying to get their heads screwed on correctly to tackle the new year.

I'm counting on an upsurge this week - it should start to happen with many portfolios.

It could also be the upcoming major, major recession taking its toll too. XMAS may have tapped the rest of the reserves/credit cards. It could be bad for parking if it takes a real hold.

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough. This week's stats could be a weather vain for the rest of the year.

•••
Honestly guys I've seen a huge upswing the last three days both in total visitors and earnings. Granted I use arbitrage, but there is still a post-christmas swing going on.

•••
Hi Donny
i'm andrew from indonesia.
right now i have around 20 domain which i choose from high paying keywords.

Question:
several of my domain registered by my company's name.
other's by my own.
is it ok for me to register it to parked???
i already submit my domain sellers to change the registrant name, which are .net and .com
but it seems like can't be changed.
may i register my domains???

•••
Ofcourse you can register more names that you can afford and add this to your parking account.

•••
andrew K said:
i already submit my domain sellers to change the registrant name, which are .net and .com
but it seems like can't be changed.
may i register my domains???

I think that he is asking if he can add his names to his Parked account, even though the whois information does not match his own personal information.

•••
sorry to confuse you guys
i don't have any parked account.
so i have to prepare my domains in order to register as a parked account holder. :)

•••
Can someone answer these questions for me:

1. Do the parked.com pages/keywords change overtime for domains based on the user search behavior? I am new to parked, so just wondering if parked landers/keywords optimize overtime based on user-behavior or clicks like many other parking companies.

2. How long does it generally takes for domains to self-optimize to start showing better results?

3. Is it worth adding custom-content to your parked.com pages? Have anyone seen traffic increase after adding custom content?

4. How long does it take for keyword changes to get approved after you edit a domain?

Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back