IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a tracking script to use if we are framing our pages?

•••
Hello Donny,

I checked about 40 of my domains and found a little bug in your system as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a "2 word (i.e. Keyword1Keyword2.com etc)" domain where Keyword1 is the main keyword such as in BANKRUPTCYDIGEST.COM, then your system develops website around the Keyword2 automatically without any consideration to the main keyword1. In this case the site was developed on the keyword2 (Digest) with no mention of the main keyword1 i.e. bankruptcy. When I chose the keyword as "bankruptcy", the new lander was great fully optimized.

I fixed some but there are many others with same problem that use similar 2nd keyword in a 2-word domain.

I then found the same problem with other similar domains where Keyword1 is the main keyword such as Keyword1Digest.com, Keyword1Blog.com, Keyword1Handbook.com, Keyword1Service.com, Keyword1Journal.com, Keyword1Book.com, Keyword1Info.com etc. Here the sites were developed on these keywords: blog, journal, service, info, book, handbook, digest, etc. I suggest that your system should ignore these kind of words whenever a domain is more than 1 word long.

Important: The problem was ONLY with the 2-word domains as above, not all kind of 2-word domains.

All other type of 2-word domains and the 3-word domains even with the above keywords were all amazingly well optimized by your system.

Btw, I found that 2-word domains with the 2nd word as Zilla (MoneyZilla.com) or Forum (HomeForum.us) were fine. Just the above mentioned words had problems.

Please let your developers know to take care of this problem, it will save me a lot of time which otherwise I have to spend going thru all the domains to correct the above problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your help. Its much appreciated.

Regards.

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:
Let's see how to answer these.

Our system learns based on what people over time search for and click for on your individual domain. It is designed to even over time with enough clicks make a domain from one concept to another. It's a system that we developed about 7 years ago and it has been continously improved since then.

It completely depends on the traffic you are getting. But your domain will be purged and relearn new keywords at least every 5 days. If you have a domain with a lot of traffic it will be purged more often than once every 5 days. One thing to remember that this is based on a country level. So each country has it's own learning system.

Ok, I'm having a issue with this self-optimzing with one domain ayway.
It's a .ca pet supply domain, type in traffic. It's not a big earner with maybe
15 or so visitors a day and average $0.14/click but the CTR is good and
every bit helps.

It seems with this domain that every few days I see CTR dropping off, so I
check the domain and all my optimization work is gone! Instead of dog and
cats supplies for example it's as specific as "dog bowls" and breeds of birds
and such.

Also when editing the keywords for this domain what I expect to see on the 2 page lander just doesn't correlate with the keyword edits I've made. It takes me a lot of trial and error to get the links relevant to what visitors are looking for.

Is this a bug in the self-optimizing?

•••
my numbers were down today as well, yesterday they held up....

beginning see what everyone is saying.....my worry is rpc and amount of traffic...

the rating score system-i dont that volume that donny says....i feel my traffic is good...i asked my rep this couple times and said things look ok.

dying for my forex names kick in gear and my mesothelioma terms...

as far as bug issues-i cant optimize my names and with the thumbs up figure...I had pm donny this yesterday and submitted a trouble ticket a couple days back....

hang in there everyone-hope donny and crew can get things back up for everyone... i have no worries-just want this bug to be fixed at my end.

J

•••
sometimes I get paid more with the ask feed than yahoo feed AFTER the TQ adjustments. So I just ask my account manager to switch it to ask for me instead.

•••
Donny,

2 questions...

1. I recently looked into one of my domains which targets State Bank of India - so far in the past day I received 7 clicks under they keyword "State Bank Of India Credit Card" according to the traffic analysis...for a grand total of 11 cents...

When I go to yahoo to check what advertisers are paying it's coming up at $1.36 - what gives?

Using this as a guide: http://sem.smallbusiness.yahoo.com/searchenginemarketing/marketingcost.php

11 cents for 7 clicks on ANY keyword seems a bit wrong, especially for highly targeted credit card traffic.

2. How can I change account reps? I don't like mine very much.

Nick

•••
How long does it take for a trouble ticket to be answered at Parked?

•••
Depending on the time of day. Less than 1 hour.

•••
hi Donny...
is that true parked.com cannot accept people from indonesia?
can you make exception for me ... thanks

•••
de2kurnia1 said:
hi Donny...
is that true parked.com cannot accept people from indonesia?
can you make exception for me ... thanks
What wrong with indonesian?

•••
They were seeing a huge amount of fraud from Indonesian accounts. Look back a few pages at Donny's posts.

•••
Stroom_accu - I don't have anything wrong with Indonesia, we just aren't accepting any new partners from there as we have recently found a large fraud problem from there. We may open it back up again in the future.

NickRac - Remember that most people who were clicking on "State Bank Of India Credit Card" are from India and using our Ask feed. So looking at Yahoo doesn't help much. As far as chaning your account manager, send me an email to [email protected] and tell me your username, and explain why you want to have a new account manager. I will evaluate your request and let you know.

packrat - This is because that's what people are searching and clicking on. The system learns from what people are looking for. If you want to turn the learning off on the domain, please talk to your account manager about it.

rickkumar - We can't just discard a keyword, our system doesn't work that way. Basically if our system knows that "tampa blog" is about tampa then it's easy, but if it doesn't and only knows "tampa" and "blog" it chooses whichever it feels is the best. And a lot of time it is the last word.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
packrat - This is because that's what people are searching and clicking on. The system learns from what people are looking for. If you want to turn the learning off on the domain, please talk to your account manager about it.
Donny

Thanks Donny. That one domain just had me confused as the keywords would
change so fast - usually within 1/2 hour of my manually optimizing. I'll let
it run for a while with the ads your system picks.

•••
For Sale on Parked

I just signed up to test Parked, and am a bit confused as to the best way to show a domain for sale.

I have two questions for those who know:

1) It looks like you can just type in the any text you want to show the name is "For Sale." Is this correct? If so, can you change the font size?

2) I tried one name, but it said I failed to list a URL. I've never had to input a URL before to show a name for sale. Does Parked not automatically forward the inquiry to your email? If I use my own URL, it might be cumbersome for the buyer. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any help...

PS...do any particular templates outperform the others?

•••
Bampa said:
1) It looks like you can just type in the any text you want to show the name is "For Sale." Is this correct? If so, can you change the font size?

2) I tried one name, but it said I failed to list a URL. I've never had to input a URL before to show a name for sale. Does Parked not automatically forward the inquiry to your email? If I use my own URL, it might be cumbersome for the buyer. Am I missing something here?
Parked has default for sale message that appears below your domain title. You can choose your setup and edit this message at Account Information panel.

•••
Bampa said:
2) I tried one name, but it said I failed to list a URL. I've never had to input a URL before to show a name for sale. Does Parked not automatically forward the inquiry to your email? If I use my own URL, it might be cumbersome for the buyer.

EMAILS FOR SALE

on For Sale URL:insert

mailto:

followed by email address

if you leave For Sale Messsage: blank you get the standard

"Please contact us for more information."

•••
OK, got it.

Thanks to John Doe and Johname!

•••
donny...please answer my PM

Thanks!

•••
Do you guys also park .mobi domains at parked?

Are the .results good and meet mtld specs?

Thanks.

•••
Can we run a php newsfeed script for some fresh content on Parked?

•••
texasgamer said:
Can we run a php newsfeed script for some fresh content on Parked?

that would rock.

I feel sort of stupid for asking this question, but what does "Optimize this portfolio" do? :hehe:

•••
Ouch!

I understand click adjustments and usually are not a big deal.

But this one hurts. Day before yesterday a Real Estate related name had $0.97 cent clicks whacked to $0.18. Since yesterday has not adjusted yet I fear the same thing happening again. Interesting thing is that the name has had $0.97 clicks before which didn't adjust.

YAHR; I feel slightly better, but still poor now.

•••
mrizos said:
that would rock.

I feel sort of stupid for asking this question, but what does "Optimize this portfolio" do? :hehe:

Just push the button lol
it allows you to change the keyword and templates for all the sites in that portfolio .. its pretty handy

•••
biohammer said:
Just push the button lol
it allows you to change the keyword and templates for all the sites in that portfolio .. its pretty handy

hmm...sounds interesting.

•••
Bomb in Lap

Is there any further information on the "bomb" that was dropped in Donny's lap a few days ago? What the heck is it all about?

Anyone??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back